trials cancelled (1 Viewer)

zizi2003_

HSC
as individuals we dont have the power to change the process of a school's assessment policy

as a group you might be able to convince ur school to hold online trial exams which would probably be in ur best interest for now
my whole year 12 cohort (185 kids) wrote a huge email backed up with stats and evidence as to why having trials the first week back would be bad coz we needed at least a week of face-to-face learning to clarify content etc (this was before the premier announced therell be no face to face learning on the 16th) OR have trials online

and guess what our principal straight up rejected our concern with her only argument being "teachers are going through a lot too" and that "it'd be good for us to get feedback earlier" (which couldve literally happened too if trials were online)
they dont care anymore lmao my whole grade was so disappointed

stressedadfff

HSC
my whole year 12 cohort (185 kids) wrote a huge email backed up with stats and evidence as to why having trials the first week back would be bad coz we needed at least a week of face-to-face learning to clarify content etc (this was before the premier announced therell be no face to face learning on the 16th) OR have trials online

and guess what our principal straight up rejected our concern with her only argument being "teachers are going through a lot too" and that "it'd be good for us to get feedback earlier" (which couldve literally happened too if trials were online)
WTF

stressedadfff

HSC

how many 90-95+ does your school recieve i feel like my school rank is gonna drop so bad with my grade

zizi2003_

HSC
yeah and whats ironic is that she preaches about our prioritising our mental health and wellbeing every assembly but all they care about really is their school reputation and the results we get LOL

stressedadfff

HSC
yeah and whats ironic is that she preaches about our prioritising our mental health and wellbeing every assembly but all they care about really is their school reputation and the results we get LOL
shes starting to sound a little to close to mine

zizi2003_

HSC
how many 90-95+ does your school recieve i feel like my school rank is gonna drop so bad with my grade
my school usually gets atleast 2-3 99+ but many 90+

but honestly if you're top 10 or 5 for a subject you'll be fine if you nail the hsc exam imo

vishnay

God
HSC
my whole year 12 cohort (185 kids) wrote a huge email backed up with stats and evidence as to why having trials the first week back would be bad coz we needed at least a week of face-to-face learning to clarify content etc (this was before the premier announced therell be no face to face learning on the 16th)

and guess what our principal straight up rejected our concern with her only argument being "teachers are going through a lot too" and that "it'd be good for us to get feedback"
remember that principals are the ones making the decisions

they're in a tough spot due to the constantly changing advice so just keep pushing and ur principal may budge

jimmysmith560

Le PhΓ©nix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
plus since ranking is so important i doubt my external mark will have an impact :(
πŸŒ… 𝕃𝕖π•₯'𝕀 𝕒𝕕𝕕 π•€π• π•žπ•– π•‘π• π•€π•šπ•₯π•šπ•§π•šπ•₯π•ͺ π•’π•Ÿπ•• 𝕠𝕑π•₯π•šπ•žπ•šπ•€π•ž πŸŒ…

You might be surprised to hear that a lot of students tend to perform significantly better in their HSC exams than in their school-based assessment tasks and exams, consequently allowing them to receive a good ATAR. The decision to receive estimates instead of being able to sit your trial exams is quite unfair without a doubt, but you have to be strong and face it if you want your HSC journey to end in a way that at least compensates for some of the pain that you have experienced during the last few months.

I completed my HSC in 2019 and took English Standard, although I was meant to take EAL/D because I had only been in Australia for 1 year when I started year 11. I eventually wasn't able to take EAL/D because of timetable problems, which forced me to pick English Standard. My school was rather strict with marking us in year 12, and the effort I put in allowed me to achieve an 81 as my assessment mark. I worked on improving my essays and analytical skills until I got to the HSC exam, in which I was able to achieve an 85, meaning a final mark of 83. If I was able to improve by 4 marks in my HSC exam as someone, who doesn't speak English as his first language who didn't get the opportunity to take EAL/D, in a subject with not-so-good alignment, you can surely get a much better mark in your HSC exam.

Another important thing to always keep in mind is that the HSC exam is worth 50%, meaning it can turn things around without a doubt! Assuming HSC exams will take place normally, you must do your utmost to be fully prepared for it, because this year is one that will prove how much of a game-changer the HSC exam really is. Not only that, but this is the only way to truly overcome all of the obstacles that you guys have to face. πŸ™

All the best with everything guys! Never give up! The key is to believe in yourselves! πŸ˜„

1628349678461.png

CM_Tutor

HSC
N/A
... everything else was assignments where ppls tutors just completed for them, hence theyre in such a good position now?? its really worrying tbh, as someone who performs much better at exams my ranks are fked since all we got were assignments, so dissapointed :(
Speaking as a tutor, I hope that most tutors were ethical enough not to complete a student's assignment for them. Help / assist / support - yes. Do the assignment for them - no.

stressedadfff

HSC
Speaking as a tutor, I hope that most tutors were ethical enough not to complete a student's assignment for them. Help / assist / support - yes. Do the assignment for them - no.
thats good, but most arent like that :(

HSC
which schools have it cancelled so far? im still waiting on news from my school hopefully they'll announce tmrw

cloud_berry

HSC
this is an unpopular opinion but exams aren’t my strong point and if they’re online (which they probably will be) well.. 60 atar here i come πŸ™ƒ

cloud_berry

HSC
idk why but my school still hasnt announced what theyre gonna do with trials??
whereas other schools have already received their estimates?
the uncertainty just keeps piling lol
bruh my school takes like 10 years to give us updates

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)