Trials Results (1 Viewer)

xclusv2bhung

sexier than neha x10000
HSC
LOL uh oh , i only got 11 / 20 for my Module B ( Gwen Harwood =.=" ) essay.
BUT , the average was 10 , so WOO ! x]

ssejamafone

Ninja?
HSC
N/A
xclusv2bhung said:
lol, that's a lot like our school results. Like, answers ranged from 0 to 20!!! But the average was probably around 9-11. Oh, this was for Paper 2. For paper 1, in our class, so many people go like under 10... so, i guess i didn't do tooooo badly.

ok, i'll be brave and post up my english results, coz i knew that i was never going to do well anyway... so here goes..

Paper 1
Section 1 (reading) - 8/15
Section 2 (composing) - 11/15
Section 3 (extended response) - 12/15

Paper 2
Module A (In the Wild) - 9/20
Module B (Speeches) - 12/20
Module C (Powerplay) - 11/20

....... angry :mad1: :burn:

I completely ran out of time for Paper 2 and i was fully writing as fast as i could. And for Paper 1, i spent too long on the composition and ext response, so i had to rush section 1.... :bomb:

oh well....

But, i think my essay skills have improved a bit.... now i just have to work on planning out my time properly...

now, someone else be brave and post up their RANCID english marks!!! :D

ps. give me pity, plz? :p

zangetsu.xo

BANGSAT LOOO
anywhere with a bowl of rice and chopsticks in han
HSC
ssejamafone said:

HSC: 2007

Last Activity:
Today, 2:59 AM

Re: Trials Results
Quote:
Originally Posted by xclusv2bhung

lol, that's a lot like our school results. Like, answers ranged from 0 to 20!!! But the average was probably around 9-11. Oh, this was for Paper 2. For paper 1, in our class, so many people go like under 10... so, i guess i didn't do tooooo badly.

ok, i'll be brave and post up my english results, coz i knew that i was never going to do well anyway... so here goes..

Paper 1

Paper 2

....... angry

I completely ran out of time for Paper 2 and i was fully writing as fast as i could. And for Paper 1, i spent too long on the composition and ext response, so i had to rush section 1....

oh well....

But, i think my essay skills have improved a bit.... now i just have to work on planning out my time properly...

now, someone else be brave and post up their RANCID english marks!!!

ps. give me pity, plz?
*hugs*

yoakim

CBMI, MPH, AAP, MSF
HSC
lexonfire said:
i don't know what happened, my mood towards the whole HSC thing has been so erratic, i'm often fighting against myself because i want the peace of mind that hsc isn't the be-all and the end-all (as unfortunately some ppl seem to treat it at my school) but i also can't help but feel the need to fit into the competition...

i think i've also been very stubbornly idealistic... i get really turned off when people say they aim for a high uai because of aesthetic reasons like status or cos it will lead them to a highly-esteemed and high paying job. i'm crazy enough to live in the gutter as long as i'm doing something i love. i think that partly explains my defiance during trials (no, it wasn't just because i was too lazy to study)... anyway this conflicting thing has been on my nerves because no one else understands it.

does anyone else feel like this??? i'd feel a lot more human!
I totally understand how you feel. I have been in countless situations where I despised others for having an ill approach towards the HSC/UAI; using their mighty high UAI as a measure of intelligence, success (etc) in life. It is a good indication to what hardwork can result in, but it isn't a fair measurement, obviously. Eg: people aiming for medicine only because they know they are capable in getting a rediculous, little magical number just doesn't work.
The high UAIs that people receive certainly will give them a great sensation, but it'll only last for, say, a few months. Doing the HSC with a real sense of purpose and reality in their future is, IMO, a better approach.

Buiboi

HSC
N/A
wrxsti said:
lol noooooooooooooooooooo
dis is my bros name............... he did his HSC last year.......
i cant be bothered making a new name

And oh yea...... i have a meeting with principle tomorrow about our english teacher...... we might be getting remark :):)
whats up with your english teacher?

wrxsti

Rambo
HSC
jannny said:
wow, 100% for that CSSA trial maths?
Yer CSSA trial maths...... i was sooooo happy wen i saw the test lol
the hardest freakn question that i spent maybe 40 mins on (just making sure i got everything right) was question 6
questions 8-10 literally took me around 15-20 mins (altogether)

yoakim

CBMI, MPH, AAP, MSF
HSC
ssejamafone said:

Paper 1

Paper 2

....... angry :mad1: :burn:

I completely ran out of time for Paper 2 and i was fully writing as fast as i could. And for Paper 1, i spent too long on the composition and ext response, so i had to rush section 1.... :bomb:

oh well....

now, someone else be brave and post up their RANCID english marks!!! :D

ps. give me pity, plz? :p
Don't worry dude, I think most people needed more time in their English trial exams. I had 30 min to do section 2 in paper 1 and for my powerplay essay.

Last edited:

anniea89

HSC
French Continuers- the total, including speaking marks, is 84.5/100. I came 4th out of 6. *le sigh*

Math Ext 1- 58/84 69% top mark was 70, my rank is 9/25.

G

gaoOO

yoakim said:
Don't worry dude, I think most people needed more time in their English trial exams. I had 30 min to do section 2 in paper 1 and for my powerplay essay.
i'd definitely be happier with two 3 hour english exams. I ran out of time for my creative piece on journeys and my module C on the advanced paper.

it seems we've now found someone who doesn't know the meaning of 2nd in wrxsti (it's a good thing. Amazing marks! Especially impressed with your 2u mark. 100% in anything is very difficult and especially a CSSA paper)

mrzeidan1

Tigers '08
HSC
Only got a few back.

MX1 - 77/84 1/14
IPT - 81/100 2/12
Adv Eng - 72/100 ~20/70

wrxsti

Rambo
HSC
gaoOO said:
i'd definitely be happier with two 3 hour english exams. I ran out of time for my creative piece on journeys and my module C on the advanced paper.

it seems we've now found someone who doesn't know the meaning of 2nd in wrxsti (it's a good thing. Amazing marks! Especially impressed with your 2u mark. 100% in anything is very difficult and especially a CSSA paper)
Thanks man my average for 2unit entire year is 99 :S
although i wudve liked my 3unit to improve...... 72/84 ack !!!!!!!
i was stuk on 20 mins on 1d) for 3unit........ which is prolly why i didnt finish test :( anywayz i find out my physics and Chemistry marks tmorrow yay !
(Slow teachers)

hunni.xx

HSC
wrxsti said:
Yer CSSA trial maths...... i was sooooo happy wen i saw the test lol
the hardest freakn question that i spent maybe 40 mins on (just making sure i got everything right) was question 6
questions 8-10 literally took me around 15-20 mins (altogether)
woooahhh congrats freaken genious!! dat exam was sooo depressing i couldnt evn touch da last qs......... wats ur secret lol

lexonfire

HSC
yoakim said:
I totally understand how you feel. I have been in countless situations where I despised others for having an ill approach towards the HSC/UAI; using their mighty high UAI as a measure of intelligence, success (etc) in life. It is a good indication to what hardwork can result in, but it isn't a fair measurement, obviously. Eg: people aiming for medicine only because they know they are capable in getting a rediculous, little magical number just doesn't work.
The high UAIs that people receive certainly will give them a great sensation, but it'll only last for, say, a few months. Doing the HSC with a real sense of purpose and reality in their future is, IMO, a better approach.
oh good, empathy :p

thats true, its a good measure of hard work but not superiority... that being said, my standards haven't completely slipped but i'll just be stoked to get into the course i want and that's enough for me... except talking about that is another pet hate... another big topic on which you're judged (in a big academic environment anyway) but otherwise if that doesn't get to me, this whole hsc thing is not so bad, year 12 is great :eek:

goldenphoenix1

HSC
90/120 CSSA Mathematics 2 unit 3rd/40...hard test
76/100 CSSA Economics 6th/30...ok...essays let me down
36/50 CSSA RE 1 unit...didn't try....beat my class
37% forCSSA 3/u maths....waiting till hsc...came 4th/6

nothing else back

banjie

Just smile and nod...
HSC
I am SOO not looking forward to getting my results. I know i did really bad. So far i only have English back, but i am pretty happy with that. I got 75% for Adv Eng which moved my rank up to 14/21 for that exam.. which still isn't great, but its getting there.

Beege

HSC
well I found out why my business trial mark was below expectations.. it was the FREAKING short answer section!

19/20 for MP
20/40 for fucking short answer!! grrr wtf
18/20 for business report
17/20 for extended response

all fantastic except for the short answer section.. aw well my final overall ranking is now 5/55, i have dropped down one as I used to be 4th.

I also got a couple of parts from the english exams back. I got 70% for the journeys essay and 70% for the into the world essay. So far so good!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)