Trials Results (1 Viewer)

Zero Infinite

HSC
I got the last of my trial marks today. Most of my trials were decent, but my aspirations are still significantly higher. Ranks are approximate as my school gives no ranks.

English 2U 82 avg 81 rank prob. 90something/170 since the median generally is above the avg. - disturbing as about half of my school get Band 6. So I'm going to have to work harder.
Maths Ext 1 94 rank 10/100
Maths Ext 2 73 rank 30 or 40something/80 This was pretty poor. Generally I'm really good at Maths, but recently my 4U studying hasn't been sufficient, and my accuracy was pretty off.
Chemistry 80 rank 10/80
Economics 85 rank 20/60
Physics 82 avg 81 rank ?? This won't even count for my HSC anyway since my overall mark is crap.

jannny

HSC
ssglain said:
I'm glad to see that everyone else has done well. Congratulations!

I had my results finalised today. I'm not particularly happy with my performance in the trial exams. I was down with the flu for an entire week just before my trials started so I missed out on classes and had to learn some things in chem & maths on my own. Thankfully my overall ranks are saved by stronger results in previous assessments.

Adv English: 99/120 Exam Rank: 4/95
Raw Assessment Mark: 88/100 Overall Rank: 4/95
I won't complain about English. We've been told to expect a 10% increase to our raw mark after the HSC. I'm prepared to try a little bit harder.

Biology: 96/100 Exam Rank: 2/44
Raw Assessment Mark: 98/100 Overall Rank: 1/44
I will try to maintain that in the HSC. We've had fairly standard assessments all year through. My teacher said to not expect more than 3-5% increase.

Chemistry: 90.5/100 Exam Rank: 1/54
Raw Assessment Mark: 92/100 Overall Rank: 1/56
I'm quite happy with the rank but not really with the mark because I don't think it was a particularly hard paper, although others seem to disagree. I'm aiming for mid 90s in the HSC.

Maths Ext-1: 73/84 Exam Rank: 3/56
Raw Assessment Mark: 93/100 Overall Rank: 2/56
I'm actually not happy at all with my marks in the trial because I've had a 98+% average all year and this time ridiculously silly transcript errors alone like writing a minus instead of a plus costed me 8 marks.

Maths Ext-2: 77/120 Exam Rank: 3/21 :eek:
Raw Assessment Mark: 74/100 Overall Rank: 2/21
Yeah, I know. This one was SHOCKING! My teacher apparently does this every year to, quote, "scare you girls into shape for the HSC". She wanted this to be hardest exam of our lives, and oh yeah, she got it. She has predicted mid to high 90s in the HSC for everyone in the top 5, but I know this will only be achievable through hard work. Despite all these reassurances, I honestly don't know what to think about MX2 right now so I guess I'll have to work, wait and see.

With only 44 days to go until my HSC starts, I think it's about time I ended my post-trials holiday. :)
Whoa cant believe only 44 days to go til HSC - 44 days will be a breeze..,

even though u did bad as u said, I still envy your marks/ranks heh :D

Our teachers never tell us predictions like that! (e.g. raw mark increasing etc)

44 days to go, LETS WORK HARD guys

SoulSearcher

Entangled in the fabric of space-time ...
HSC
Hmm, all results are back and so forth, although I really want to question some things in the Physics exam. Oh well, that can be dealt with tomorrow, here are current marks/ranks/comments.

English Advanced: Exam mark - 78/105, Exam rank - 4/45ish
Rather happy with the mark considering the circumstances around paper 2 (Cosmology exam an hour before it) but can be improved quite a bit.

English Extension 1: Exam mark - 39/50, Exam rank - 5-6/11 (not too sure)
Well, could have done better with the preparation before hand, and definitely can improve on actually finishing a story during the exam time, so yeah, still a lot of improvement needed there.

Studies of Religion 1: Exam mark - 44/50, Exam rank - N/A
Bludge subject, didn't start studying until 20 minutes before the exam, gave a general response in the essay and still got 16/20, so really a misnomer.

Physics: Exam mark - 80/100, Exam rank - 2-3/40ish
Somewhat disappointed with this mark, came at the start of a very difficult group of exams, didn't study much for it due to the other 2 exams that I needed to catch up on the work on and will most certainly lose 1st rank here :(

Legal Studies: Exam mark - 95/100, Exam rank - 1/30ish
Last exam in the exam period, came straight after Physics and Extension 2 Maths, was sick and tired of everything, thinking about the Cosmology assignment that was due on Monday, so I am rather shocked and pleased at this result :D Even so, I might not get 1st rank, as the guy coming first didn't do the exam and I'm not sure how they'll work out an approximation for his exam mark yet, so :(

Mathematics Extension 2: Exam mark - 95/120, Exam rank - 1/4
Ok, middle of the triple exam period, was hampered by having to catch up one 2 topics the week before the exam and was not really too confident throughout the exam. So when I got this mark back, it was kind of a wtf? :eek: Still rather pleased with it though, even though I know with a bit more revision and less silly mistakes I would have easily gotten around 100-103 from all that. Still good, but more room for improvement :)

By the way, all of these papers were CSSA trial papers, and the Physics mark is still yet to be finalised. Just more to do now :)

G

gaoOO

SoulSearcher said:
By the way, all of these papers were CSSA trial papers, and the Physics mark is still yet to be finalised. Just more to do now :)
Hm... only a 95/120 on the CSSA paper. I am so disappointed in you. :mad:

lol. I would kill for a mark like that.

ooh, i should have posted up my comments too. Oh well, they're not nearly as exciting as your ones.

Last edited by a moderator:

Studly.McGee

Banned
HSC
SoulSearcher said:
Hmm, all results are back and so forth, although I really want to question some things in the Physics exam. Oh well, that can be dealt with tomorrow, here are current marks/ranks/comments.

English Advanced: Exam mark - 78/105, Exam rank - 4/45ish
Rather happy with the mark considering the circumstances around paper 2 (Cosmology exam an hour before it) but can be improved quite a bit.

English Extension 1: Exam mark - 39/50, Exam rank - 5-6/11 (not too sure)
Well, could have done better with the preparation before hand, and definitely can improve on actually finishing a story during the exam time, so yeah, still a lot of improvement needed there.

Studies of Religion 1: Exam mark - 44/50, Exam rank - N/A
Bludge subject, didn't start studying until 20 minutes before the exam, gave a general response in the essay and still got 16/20, so really a misnomer.

Physics: Exam mark - 80/100, Exam rank - 2-3/40ish
Somewhat disappointed with this mark, came at the start of a very difficult group of exams, didn't study much for it due to the other 2 exams that I needed to catch up on the work on and will most certainly lose 1st rank here :(

Legal Studies: Exam mark - 95/100, Exam rank - 1/30ish
Last exam in the exam period, came straight after Physics and Extension 2 Maths, was sick and tired of everything, thinking about the Cosmology assignment that was due on Monday, so I am rather shocked and pleased at this result :D Even so, I might not get 1st rank, as the guy coming first didn't do the exam and I'm not sure how they'll work out an approximation for his exam mark yet, so :(

Mathematics Extension 2: Exam mark - 95/120, Exam rank - 1/4
Ok, middle of the triple exam period, was hampered by having to catch up one 2 topics the week before the exam and was not really too confident throughout the exam. So when I got this mark back, it was kind of a wtf? :eek: Still rather pleased with it though, even though I know with a bit more revision and less silly mistakes I would have easily gotten around 100-103 from all that. Still good, but more room for improvement :)

Hahahaha, commentary and all. I like it.

Well done though. You're going to nail the HSC once you get some hardcore study done.

SoulSearcher

Entangled in the fabric of space-time ...
HSC
Studly.McGee said:
Hahahaha, commentary and all. I like it.

Well done though. You're going to nail the HSC once you get some hardcore study done.
Yeah, I would've gone for a different form of commentary on said results, but brain's not working at the moment. Look out for it on a nearby date.

Last edited:

Studly.McGee

Banned
HSC
SoulSearcher said:
Yeah, I would've gone for humourous commentary on said results, but brain's not working at the moment. Look out for it on a nearby date.
I'm excited. Like Big Kev. Except I'm not dead.

HSC
redom said:
umm my marks arnt too flash! but the ranks are good!:)....hahah i think ull notice i go to a cheapo school by them, cause the marks below got me first place in all subs...although 4u only has one person

english adv- 88/105 ( 14 9 13 15 18 19)-- 9 in my story!! wat the!!...harsh teacher!

business- 91/100 (screwedd this upp preety bad!!...it was an easy exam... didnt finish...arrghh)

eco- 96/100 (got the 1st qn wrong lol...ill take the mark with the lack of prep)

Mx1 - 74.5/84 (88%) (1 + half= half?...ALWAYS USE A CALCULATOR!!)

mx2- 93/120 (77%)....one person class, no motivation for the trial!
ooooo look who we have here =p, about time u reach 100 posts lol

my marks are shit and ranks are....aiight???.....actuali they are gay as well....just like the school i go to

english = 72% 1st (and i'd like to point out that i got 10 for my story **cough**:))
engineering = 84.5% 1st
chemistry = 83% 2nd
phys = 77% 4th (how gay)
maths = 70% (FRIGGEN EASY TEST!!!! MADE STOOPID MISTAKES!) rank = dunno??? 1st out of all the ppl who do 2u, but not the ppl who do 3u as well

Last edited:

Chocolat

HSC
Ooooooo...I don't think I've posted mine up! They're definitely not as great as some of the marks I've seen on this thread but here goes...*clears throat*:

French Continuers: 93/100 (I was first in the exam and overall). I am so happy with that. If there is one subject I adore and actually think I get, it's french. I was really sad after the exam because I thought I'd seriously screwed up the writing section...and I got 28/30. Listening let me down :(...which is surprising as it's usually my best....I'll just blame that fault on the tape though :). NO ONE MESSES WITH ME AND MY FRENCH OKAY. :p.
French Extension: 45/50 (I was first in the exam and overall). Very happy. The essay question was so random and hard...something like you need to go to university to be successful....discuss in french. I can't discuss it coherently in english let alone French! But I <3 French so it was okay :).
Mathematics: 102/120 (1st in trial, 3rd overall). This was the biggest shock. I am honestly a retard in maths. I thought I had screwed this one up so badly, even though I attempted everything...maths has always been a subject which depresses me and makes me feel so dumb...so this result was amazing. I felt smart for a millisecond :p. It also brought up my overall rank by 8 places :O. So, and I NEVER THOUGHT I'd say this but...maths is...ok.
English Advanced: 92/105 (4th in trial, 3rd overall). I shall just say this. I hate you King Lear. I sincerely do. Oh, not a fan of creative writing either. Love you Emma, Frontline (Mike and Dominica.....awwww <3) and journey essay :).
Biology: 69/75 (1st in trial, 1st overall). Yeh. I like Biology :). Stupid MC let me down though. They confuse me so much. I am SO much better at explaining things rather than colouring in a little damn circle. I always seem to colour the wrong one in...even though I know the answer. Go figure.
Religion (1U): 46/50 (3rd in trial, 3rd overall). For whatever reason, my religion teacher really, really likes me. Like it's really weird. She is always complimenting my hair (haha so important!) and she thinks I'm really nice and smart :S. I honestly don't get it...just because I talk to her sometimes and fake interest in religion....

And that is the end. Thank you for not dying of boredom :).

Studly.McGee

Banned
HSC
Chocolat said:
Ooooooo...I don't think I've posted mine up! They're definitely not as great as some of the marks I've seen on this thread but here goes...*clears throat*:

French Continuers: 93/100 (I was first in the exam and overall). I am so happy with that. If there is one subject I adore and actually think I get, it's french. I was really sad after the exam because I thought I'd seriously screwed up the writing section...and I got 28/30. Listening let me down :(...which is surprising as it's usually my best....I'll just blame that fault on the tape though :). NO ONE MESSES WITH ME AND MY FRENCH OKAY. :p.
French Extension: 45/50 (I was first in the exam and overall). Very happy. The essay question was so random and hard...something like you need to go to university to be successful....discuss in french. I can't discuss it coherently in english let alone French! But I <3 French so it was okay :).
Mathematics: 102/120 (1st in trial, 3rd overall). This was the biggest shock. I am honestly a retard in maths. I thought I had screwed this one up so badly, even though I attempted everything...maths has always been a subject which depresses me and makes me feel so dumb...so this result was amazing. I felt smart for a millisecond :p. It also brought up my overall rank by 8 places :O. So, and I NEVER THOUGHT I'd say this but...maths is...ok.
English Advanced: 92/105 (4th in trial, 3rd overall). I shall just say this. I hate you King Lear. I sincerely do. Oh, not a fan of creative writing either. Love you Emma, Frontline (Mike and Dominica.....awwww <3) and journey essay :).
Biology: 69/75 (1st in trial, 1st overall). Yeh. I like Biology :). Stupid MC let me down though. They confuse me so much. I am SO much better at explaining things rather than colouring in a little damn circle. I always seem to colour the wrong one in...even though I know the answer. Go figure.
Religion (1U): 46/50 (3rd in trial, 3rd overall). For whatever reason, my religion teacher really, really likes me. Like it's really weird. She is always complimenting my hair (haha so important!) and she thinks I'm really nice and smart :S. I honestly don't get it...just because I talk to her sometimes and fake interest in religion....

And that is the end. Thank you for not dying of boredom :).
I knew you went well, but wow. Not that well. That's so awesome Rita. 95 here we come.

G

gaoOO

Chocolat said:
are you kidding? Your ranks and marks are great. *So envious*

Chocolat

HSC
SoulSearcher said:
95? Nah, well above that :)
Shhhh. I will never give myself the liberty of believing that until the day we get our UAIs...*chews nails* :p

Shrikar

MλĐ€ IŇ ĮŃĐĨλ
HSC
Uni Grad
Awwww, this thread is so depressing, you guys have such good marks, and such good rankings? Where on Earth do i stand against you?

:bomb:

Studly.McGee

Banned
HSC
Shrikar said:
Awwww, this thread is so depressing, you guys have such good marks, and such good rankings? Where on Earth do i stand against you?

:bomb:
Dude, we're way down.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)