• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

trials/study..pls help :) (1 Viewer)

merna7

HSC
hey guys,
so iv'e got trials starting next week (monday and tuesday=english, wednesday=business studies, thursday=modern history and then the following week on wednesday i have ancient history and on friday= retail services) :(

so things have been happening this term that kept me off school and i was behind on my work but i managed to get some notes done and i was just wondering should i start studying or is it too late???

suggestions are very much appreciated, thanks :)

(btw, its the week after this week)

Last edited:

AnimeX

HSC
N/A
It's not too late, you still have over a week to prepare!

You should fully read over your notes and practice writing english, business, modern and ancient essays.

Also, try to do two past papers for each subject.

O

Omed62

lol, you have a week to prepare, if you need band 6 notes for any of your subjects or advice, study tips, how to manage your time in the exam, how and where to study. Let me know I can arrange every possible for you to get band 6.

I am willing to help you, if you need notes. let me know.

Never be shy or feel dishearten because your teachers purposely trying to scare the students to study hard for the HSC. So your trials may be very hard. All you can do, is pray to god and study your assoff and Trust if your Trial are next week. I am telling you now, that forget going to school for the next week, so you can wake up early to study very hard, till you can't pick up a pen because otherwise you will not get above a 80. Trust do this, becasue this is the only option if your Trials are next week.

BigBadBader

HSC
the only time its too late is after the hsc exam, until then there is every chance that you can get 90+.

practice writing, and as above said. doo past papers under exam conditions. this will help you with time managment and seeing the types of questions you can get.

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
With a small amount of time, you need to maximise what you can do in that little amount of time.

1) No time to write your own notes, refer to ones on the resource section.
2) Practice as many exam qs as possible.
3) Look at the theory behind any 'weak' areas as will show up by your practice.

Cramming is not preferable, but you can do it to good results if you are focused and don't let the stress get to you.

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
hey guys,
so iv'e got trials starting next week (monday and tuesday=english, wednesday=business studies, thursday=modern history and then the following week on wednesday i have ancient history and on friday= retail services) :(

so things have been happening this term that kept me off school and i was behind on my work but i managed to get some notes done and i was just wondering should i start studying or is it too late???

suggestions are very much appreciated, thanks :)

(btw, its the week after this week)
It is never too late to start, one week is more than enough.

merna7

HSC
okay thanks guys! :) and yeah omed62 i wont even be going to school this whole week anyway so that will buy me time,thanks once again!

HSC
I'm in the same boat as you merna, but thanks to your thread it has given me hope to study as much as I can to achieve some good results!

nerdasdasd

HSC
Uni Grad
okay thanks guys! :) and yeah omed62 i wont even be going to school this whole week anyway so that will buy me time,thanks once again!
That might not be the best advice..... You might not meet the compulsory hours for the subjects. How are you even going to explain to the school, in relation to the long 'absence'?

nerdasdasd

HSC
Uni Grad
Furthermore that would be unfair on the others, who are going to school.

merna7

HSC
well we are not even meant to go to school any more till end of term because trials start this week anyway, legal and art are this week so yeah

nerdasdasd

HSC
Uni Grad
well we are not even meant to go to school any more till end of term because trials start this week anyway, legal and art are this week so yeah
Oh that's fine then.

Makematics

HSC
holy flying f**k your trials are early... Anyways best of luck and be sure to do lots of past papers :)

nojess

HSC
Best of luck! A week can make a total difference :)

jpalin

HSC
Never too late! I had a brother who did very well in the HSC despite not getting his act together until a month before trials!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)