Trig Identities (1 Viewer)

Shazer2

HSC
Hey guys, trig identities are probably my biggest downfall when it comes to trigonometry and I am up to the final question for trig identities in my textbook, but I don't know how to approach it. So I was hoping I could get some help and also some advice on how you would usually approach a trig identity question.

HSC
Hey guys, trig identities are probably my biggest downfall when it comes to trigonometry and I am up to the final question for trig identities in my textbook, but I don't know how to approach it. So I was hoping I could get some help and also some advice on how you would usually approach a trig identity question.

use the LHS and expand it ?

HSC2014

HSC
N/A
Just expand both sides and you will see that they are equal

HSC
I got it, expand LHS; u get sin beta

then expand RHS; u get sin beta

therefore LHS=RHS :)

enoilgam

HSC

I loved this stuff (still do). Just a tip, manipulate the identities into sin and cos values, then solve from there.

I can write and scan a proof if you want (can't latex).

Shazer2

HSC
I loved this stuff (still do). Just a tip, manipulate the identities into sin and cos values, then solve from there.

I can write and scan a proof if you want (can't latex).
I'm not sure how to manipulate it, that's the problem. :)

HSC2014

HSC
N/A
I understand all that, except for the second last line on the RHS. You go from to
x^2 + y^2 = r^2 (circle formula)

divide everything by r^2

x^2/r^2 + y^2/r^2 = 1

cos^2B + sin^2B = 1

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)