Trotsky essay (1 Viewer)

Beaney

Heya
Um..I'm an uninformed student who feels quite dumb asking this, esp with the trials coming up so soon, but what is the Trotsky essay eant to be about? What are we meant to know? Just his life history and contribution to Russia?? I don't even remember studying it, let alone being capable to doing an essay on it!
Can anyone help? Maybe with tidbits of facts ot remind me or get me up to speed??
TY!!

The Nick

McBain
HSC
The first question will most likely be on his early life and contributions before 1917. He remained Menshevik for a great deal of time, which Stalin later used against him.

As the question has to suit every personality, there's a good chance it will just be something like "outline the contribution they made to their society". In that case, his major contributions were the rebuilding of the Red Army and leading them in the Civil War, as well as his contributions to economic policy. If necessary, talk about his role in informing the rest of the world of what went on in Russia after he was exiled, and influencing world opinion.

Beaney

Thank you so much! I eventually gathered that from my teacher a bit later, but the idea of trotsy reavealing stuff after his exile is cool :) Thanks!!!

fruitbonbon17

The Nick said:
The first question will most likely be on his early life and contributions before 1917.
actually the syllabus is from 1917-1945 so they can't ask you about what he did before 1917.

Mike iE

HSC
yeah usually the first 10 marks is outline the major events in his life between 1917 - 1940. The 2nd one is usually a statement and you have the give points either way on it

danie

a fool
HSC
apparently they asked influences on his ideology last year. that's a pre-1917 question.

jono lake

HSC
N/A
im doing a speech on trosky.

yes.

yes i am.

and allso, i have to do a speech on trosky.

matmatt

HSC
My trials for trotsky, or for any personality really, is in two parts.
All up the question is a twenty marker, but part one is the simple part, which basically should evaluate what your personality did.
The next part however is to evaluate the effects of this personality upon the socitey of the time. This is the 'discriminator' question.
For this part we should be quoting different historians to gain different perspectives at how this personality effected the society.
Hope i could be of some help!

piegohere

HSC
actually the syllabus is from 1917-1945 so they can't ask you about what he did before 1917.
'Actually' know it all, they can ask you, i just did a past HSC paper on trotsky, and it asked you to outline trotskys background and rise to prominence prior to revolution!

because grizzly addams DID have a beard!

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
'Actually' know it all, they can ask you, i just did a past HSC paper on trotsky, and it asked you to outline trotskys background and rise to prominence prior to revolution!

because grizzly addams DID have a beard!
You are aware that 'fruitbonbon17' was posting in 2004 and would have been studying the previous syllabus and not the one you are studying.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)