Trouble with timetable... (1 Viewer)

renaoak17

HSC
ok so i have chosen which units i want to study; even chose those in majors but im not sure how to make a timetable that makes remote sense..
i have tried the whole grid timetable maker with not much sucess...and when do u start doing the units that are part of your major?????

ascentyx

HSC
First thing you want to do is work out what units you are going to do first sem and 2nd sem. To work that out you need various info such as what your majoring in, what core units are required etc etc.

Once you know that go to:

Timetables @ Macquarie

Use the 2010 Timetable Maker (not the grid one) and add all the units for your first sem. Then get a proposed program form like this:

http://www.reg.mq.edu.au/Undergrad/Forms/ProposedProgram.pdf

Fill that out making sure you read this:

http://www.timetables.mq.edu.au/class/UnderstandTT.pdf

The important thing to gain from that above document is :

Can be either Lecture,
Tutorial, Practical, Film or
Mixed. A student MUST
register in ONE class of EACH
activity. e.g. ONE class of
Lecture_1 plus ONE class of
Lecture_2 plus ONE class of
Tutorial_1.

Once you can majoritively fill out your proposed program form you are set for enrolment.

Good luck.

sean1990

HSC
Quick questions-

1) I did all my enrolment yesterday and did my timetable there and basically I cannot get into my lecture for both LAW units im taking in 1st sem.

I'm guessing once uni resumes I can email the school of law and ask for a consideration to join a lecture?

2) I ended up with a shitty timetable (no surprise as it was the 12th of feb).
Somebody said spaces normally become available throughout sem and to keep checking e-student. but I need about all of mine changed because they are really inconvenient (yes it is a sob story but im just trying to find out info on how/ if i can change it).

3) Do most of the lectures in both Commerce and Law degrees normally have Ilecture? I got stuck with a management principles lecture at 5pm on friday night.

Thanks alot.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)