Tru Calling (2 Viewers)

Fry

Anyone gonna watch? i definately am...ive been waiting for it to hit our shores for months. it stars Buffy's Eliza Dushku and starts on June 11, 9:30pm on channel 7. although im still disappointed that Eliza didn't choose to do the Buffy spin-off. it would've been an excellent show, even surpassing Buffy i'd imagine.

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
I'll watch it and see if I like it. I've been wondering when it starts, but I saw the ad last night.

OZGIRL86

stuck in a moment
HSC
N/A
is she the girl from wrong turn?

Orange Juice

so worthless i am
HSC
Originally posted by Fry
Anyone gonna watch? i definately am...ive been waiting for it to hit our shores for months. it stars Buffy's Eliza Dushku and starts on June 11, 9:30pm on channel 7. although im still disappointed that Eliza didn't choose to do the Buffy spin-off. it would've been an excellent show, even surpassing Buffy i'd imagine.
whats it about?

jlh

sooner or later...
HSC
its about a girl named TRU DAVIES (eliza dushku) who can change the future.

she's a med student who works at a morgue and has dreams/ premonitions about how those people died and goes about trying to save them...

Fry

Its a supernatural drama about college graduate Tru Davies (Dushku) who works the graveyard shift at the city morgue after her medical internship falls through. She can hear the voices of dead people and finds herself reliving the days in which her cadavers died.

Sounds interesting, but this concept aint that original.

Krangelus

i am a tiger
HSC
N/A
i is gunna check it out. Ive heard some bad things though.

heres a proper show description ;)

Tru Davies (Eliza Dushku, Buffy The Vampire Slayer) has just graduated from New York University and is planning on going to medical school. After her internship at a hospital falls through, she has to take a job at a morgue as an attendant working the graveyard shift. On her first night on the job, she hears the voice of a murdered woman, and the next day she awakes to re-live that same day. She tries to prevent the woman from being murdered while trying to fix other problems in her life.

yeah... anyway If u didnt know already Tru Calling, in america, has been picked up for a second season, so thats good news for us too, even though we havent seen any of them yet!

I definately wouldve preferred faith joining the cast of Angel instead of this new show, in my opinion she "fits" better on Angel with the whole redemption thing.

Check it out! or at least tape it if your going out. ;)

Collin

HSC
N/A
I saw an ad for this today for the first time. She's hott.

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
Originally posted by Fry
oh i realllly doubt it would surpass buffy, faith is cool but she's not THAT good... i wish she'd been on angel before the end though :x
i've heard a couple of bad things about this, but i'm going to check it out regardless

MicK_eT

Terry mate!
heheh..
anyhow.. isnt angel like finihsed now? the season they are playing now on aussie tv is the last season me thought...

but i dun fink that faith spin off would do better than buffy... buffy was actually a low budget series.. that did so well lol.. 7 seasons heheh but one of them was realli.. errr... lost and wayward....

Fry

Originally posted by MicK_eT
heheh..
anyhow.. isnt angel like finihsed now? the season they are playing now on aussie tv is the last season me thought...

but i dun fink that faith spin off would do better than buffy... buffy was actually a low budget series.. that did so well lol.. 7 seasons heheh but one of them was realli.. errr... lost and wayward....
of course it would. Faith rocks. she practically stole the show away from Buffy in season 3. i was a bit apprehensive when i first heard about the Angel spin-off and look at how well it turned out. season 4 was even better than buffy's final season. its ashame it got cancelled and its not because of low ratings, but because the WB is stupid. Angel's got a huge following, how can they be so blind? anyways, you can always trust that Joss Whedon will make a potentially great show out of Faith and im sure her show will be better than BTVS cos you know, she is generally more popular with the fans.

And Buffy is not a low budget series. it initially started out that way but since season 3, they got a bigger budget. have look at seasons 5-7, you can tell the show has advanced in the special effects department :D

Macccca

wazzlewoozle
ive seen them all (bless the internet) it started reasonably but the end was so stupid it was funny. im actually waiting for season 2 to be made so i can laugh some more.

Snapwizard

Snapy
HSC
This reminds me of Early Edition !! I might give it a go cause I loves Early Edition

troika

HSC
N/A
i heard it has a rocky start but gets better towards the end.

Ziff

HSC
N/A
It's Groundhog Day with a "teen" slant and a really hot chick ;)

Fry

it was thoroughly enjoyable, but i wonder how long they will keep up with a story like this. Early Edition got old rather quickly. it wouldve been better if she was still in college and they shouldve shown more A.J. Cook. hey i just realised both Eliza and A.J. Cook were previously in teen horror flicks (Wrong Turn/Soul Survivors & Final Destination) and now theyve made the change to tv.

channel 7 better not push it back to a later timeslot

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)