Do you believe the new pass system will work

• yes

Votes: 5 14.3%
  • no

Votes: 30 85.7%

• Total voters

Agent Z

HSC
Well i agree that it has to be an utterly hopeless system. The government, instead of spending time and money developing and implementing these new cards, should spend the money in finding out why students traunt and how to prevent it happening.

Those cards arnt going to stop anyone. I mean truanting is meant to be a rebellious sort of thing, no? So are people just going to stop because they need a card? I can see it now:

Rebel 1: Hey man lets jig today so we can get stoned
Rebel 2: I dunno man, we don't have a "out-of-school-pass"
Rebel 1: Oh yeah, good point man, we might get caught.

It's not going to stop anything. I heard that a private school in sydney have a toll free number they have to ring before 10am if they are going to be away. If they don't call they call your parents, could work, but you could of course just go and pretend to be your parents...

bubz :D

the last laugh
HSC
microchips are such an invasion of privacy though :p

lol those card things... it's not gonna stop people from jigging :p
my school gave out yellow slips to anyone who had "early leavers" to show that we had permission to be out of school

what about free periods and stuff? you're not gonna have a pass then. and i doubt the police will give a crap after a while, anyway...

ameh

dirty trick
HSC
N/A
what a waste of money, i truanted 2 days in a row and no1 stopped me in or out of school...., lol i saw a few police playing a shooting car game at Playtime on George St this morning...

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
we had them at our school, but it wasnt really policed, the only time we really ever had to show it was coming back into the school during recess if we'd had frees before hand

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
oh by the way, they were only for seniors and just something the school themself made up, nothing professional or whatever

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
waste of time and money better spent on other and better things, things like this never work

Melanie Jane

To me it seems rather pathetic. It would be so much hassle to prepare those cards for every little early-leave etc. :rolleyes:
Plus, I have no idea how they would inforce it, there are different finishing times all across the state and people usually think I'm a few years older than I actually am anyway.
They should be looking into why people are skipping school so much and tackling that instead.

jayz

walking
personally i support hsc students who truant and fufil their attendance requirements, for i learnt near nothing from school, but mostly from tuition. plus, y would u even bother learning some of the subjects including science offered in hsc, when they r obviously all about english.

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
yeh i have 19 a fortnight, today was a 5 period day and that's as full as it gets for me.

Enlightened_One

King of Bullshit
HSC
How can you tell if a kid is school age. Serious truanters change clothes. And what if you have a doctors appointment, or have a free and go to school late. You could caught by the cops and given a load of shit
Besides I'd lose my card

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)