Truongs Maths Tutoring, any comments? (1 Viewer)

iSplicer

HSC
Uni Grad
Re: Truong's tutoring, any comments?

sir would never kick out someone for such a ridiculous reason. Your friend probably did crap in an exam, or was rude to him or something. It's actually impossible that sir would kick someone out for that reason.
+1

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A

um my friend use to go to truong but got kicked out for some very stupd reason. His eye sight is not perfect meaning he cant see some things if he sits at the back so he decided that he will always sit at the front of the class. Truong noticed this and told him to get glasses. My friend thought it wasnt necessary as he sits at the front and sees perfectly. A few weeks later, truong kicked him out.

I don't think there is any thing wrong with what my friend did. Sometimes people with glasses cant see from the back either. Is it really that important if he gets glasses even though he sits at the front and sees perfectly?
I'm willing to bet that your friend got kicked out for some stupid reason, like being rude to the teacher, or doing badly - but was too ashamed to actually admit it, and made some stupid reason up.

ninetypercent

ninety ninety ninety
HSC

apparently, he misses a lot of stuff from the syllabus

eriito

Elite Member
HSC

Truong sounds like an ass.

TearsOfFire

HSC
N/A

Truong sounds like an ass.
It's hard to make an assumption about him till you actually meet him, go to one of his lessons. Then you can make a judgement about him.

dp624

HSC

tbh TearsofFire your responses are a bit lacking
you won't change anyone's opinion by just saying 'nope'

theundefined

HSC

lol gosh its funny how everyones arguing about truong and all this. I went to his tutoring for years, and honestly i think he was a fantastic teacher, his methods are the best. Efficient and straight to the point, he teaches you things that the school wouldn't teach. Including manners ;P. But besides that all that, i acutally chose to leave his centre towards mid of my hsc, my point being that tutoring can only take you so far. Like alot of things people said before, its your own hsc, and the tutor is not gona get the hsc for you. When i complete my hsc i want to know that i did everything myself, and with my own learning; however, i don't disregard the fact that Sir didn't have any role. His teaching motivated alot of my desires, before i only thought that i would do 2unit maths, but i felt the urge to do extension (im not crazy enough to do ext2 ;). But yeh, some people kinda take his personality out of proportion, its only when you don't bother, like (i don't give a shit attitude) does he humiliate you and he did do it to a few ppl in my time which was scary ahah cus we all felt bad. But honestly it does take more than a simple slap on the back to get someone to do their work and i think he saved a lot of people from disrupted and failed futures. The only thing didn't like about him was that, before his "changes" he was preety darn evil LOL, even if you tried your hardest he'd like go off at you. But then parents complained and stuff and he loosened up, but then there became a disparity between the top of the line students and his lower classes and then it became all wierd lol. But thats not the point LOL.
So like Truong is good, dnt diss him unless you've experienced him. But another point, tutoring can only take you so far; its like praying to God to ace your exam, he can only help you so far, the rest is for you to put the effort in. But at the end of the day hsc isn't everything :)

s2bbycarO_

HSC

Went there for one lesson back in year 7
OMG ! he freaking insults you o_O"
I was so intimidated all lesson, I never came back !

conman

HSC
Re: Fairfield Troung's recommendation - English

can any one pm mr truong new place at fairfield again. I am one of his students before just wanna come back to visit him n I lost his contact number as well. So please pm me his new place n possible his contact number again thx

Paradox1345

HSC
N/A

SO what subject does this troung guy offer?

ninetypercent

ninety ninety ninety
HSC

do u have to speak to him if you want to enrol in english or do u have to speak to someone else?

the-derivative

BCom/LLB (UNSW)
HSC

do u have to speak to him if you want to enrol in english or do u have to speak to someone else?
I know that with Miss Diab, if you ask her and she's willing to teach you, then you don't have to deal with sir. I'm not sure with Mr Tishler or any of the other teachers.

oasfree

HSC
N/A

Maths - he teaches directly
English - he hires the assistant principal of Macquarie Fields and also a senior teacher from Sefton.
Physics and Chem - he has a partnership with Peak Science.
People told me that he hired ex-students to teach. Pay them cheap. Get the fresh stuff they got from their HSC. I think that makes perfect business sense as a coaching place for students who want high HSC marks.

It's interesting that he partnered with people teaching at selective schools to teach English. I suppose ex-students would not do too well teaching English? Or parents just would not trust students to teach English to students.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)