trusting hsc students (1 Viewer)

maths lover

HSC
i have noticed that in the beginning of year 11 allot of people are being more sneaky ect. do u think u can actually trust someone in senior years or should u take it like what ever they say is a lie.

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
What does "trusting HSC students" entail? As in hanging out with them? Or do you mean academic wise?

jnney

lemon
HSC
As in, when they tell you they're not studying, don't care about marks, or aren't in competition with you, when they are, sharing notes etc.?

Last edited:

Deep Blue

HSC
I suggest your devise an experiment to test your hypothesis on the untrustworthiness of HSC students, academic wise. Use the results as a statement against the altruism of humanity.

maths lover

HSC
As in, when they tell you they're not studying, don't care about marks, or aren't in competition with you when they are, sharing notes etc.?
thats what i mean

slyhunter

Retired
HSC
We try to do our best to help new people settle in as quickly as possible and offer advice in the best interests. Remember that guests are on this site as well.

If you feel that way about us, remember you're under no obligation to stay and are free to leave.

Deep Blue

HSC
We try to do our best to help new people settle in as quickly as possible and offer advice in the best interests. Remember that guests are on this site as well.

If you feel that way about us, remember you're under no obligation to stay and are free to leave.
Wasn't the question aimed more towards the trustworthiness of HSC students at the OP's school, rather than those members of the forum?

maths lover

HSC

im not talking about people on bos just sayin people at school

slyhunter

Retired
HSC
My bad. Although it obviously depends on what your school is like. Some has helpful seniors; some may not.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
You should be able to trust everyone in prelim. The marks don't count towards your HSC at all.

In HSC, you want to maximise your rank. While this could mean that students will try and sabotage you, it's not that likely. Most people are too busy working on their own things than to try and trick you.

jnney

lemon
HSC
You should probably be aware that this is a competition between you and the other students, and whether they are lying or not about studying, you are up against them. This also regards their future. Don't ever let your guard down feeling confident just because people say they aren't coping so well etc. Because I know, even when I say that, I will do anything I can, finding the best resources etc. to maximise my scores.

As with notes, I don't think that many people will be willing to share theirs (their own sweat and tears), yet if they do, I don't believe they'd be purposely providing you with incorrect info. Make your own notes, make sure you've covered all your content and use a lot of sources while you're at it (good for practise questions). Don't rely on other people to help you.

Not matter if they are your closest friends, when it comes to school, it becomes a different story.

That of course, is just my own experience.

Hope you're well. :)

Last edited:

AAEldar

Premium Member
HSC
I always help people out in class if they need it, and give them notes if they've missed them. Also help people study for tests (mainly Maths) but I rarely help people for assignments. I don't need help and they shouldn't either.

jnney

lemon
HSC
Because teaching others reinforces your knowledge.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)