Tuesday 4th November 2003 (1 Viewer)

s2ophie

HSC
Ok speaking is over and its now time to start thinking about the reading, writing and listening. :eek: What are you guys doing in terms of study and prepration for Italian?

I also thought that seeing i am the 'moderatore' of this forum i should do something useful. So i thought we should compile a list of practise writing exercises we can do. The ones here are the ones from HSC exams so you probably already know them. I'll look around and find my trials so we can post them aswell but we all did the ILTA paper i think so again nothing new.

Please post any practise things you have or if you have any questions you know someone will answer them!!

HSC 2002

Question 11 (6 marks)
Answer ONE of the following questions. Write 100150 words in ITALIAN.

(a) You have just been on your first date with someone who turned out to be completely different from what you expected. Write a diary entry about your date.

OR

(b) Write a letter to your Italian penfriend describing the party with a difference you went to over the weekend.

Question 12 (9 marks)
(a) A group of Italian students is researching school life in other countries. They have sent you an e-mail asking about the positive and negative aspects of school life in NSW. Write a report for them.

OR

(b) You are applying for a job in the travel industry where knowledge of Italian would be an advantage. As part of the interview process you are required to give a speech in which you explain why you would be the ideal person for the job.
Write your speech.

link to exam page:
http://www.boardofstudies.nsw.edu.au/hsc_exams/hsc2002exams/pdf_doc/italian_cont_02.pdf

Question 12 (6 marks)

(a) You have just returned from a school camp which was a total disaster. Write a description of your experiences.

OR

(b) You have just spent a week with your Italian penfriend. Write a diary entry about how you spent your time together.

Question 13 (9 marks)

(a) As a former student who decided to take a year off study after the HSC, you have been invited to speak to a school assembly. Write the text of your speech in which you reflect on the reasons for deferring tertiary studies.

OR

(b) You have received a letter from your penfriend who has recently started a new job and wants to resign as he/she is not enjoying it. Write back to offer some valid reasons why he or she should persevere.

Hottieflossy

these are from the 2002 Spanish Continuers exam:

Q12
a) you are applying for an overseas student exchange program. write a personal profile so that your particulars can be matched with those of a suitable host family.

OR

b) your italian class has been linked to another one overseas. you are required to write a letter to your chosen student penfriend about your hobbies, interests and what you enjoy doing in your free time.

Q13
a)an article in your school magazine has advised parents to discourage yr 12 students from engaging in part time work in order to focus on their studies. write a report in response to this article discussing both points of view.

OR

b) you have recently returned from a stay in italy. write the script of a talk to ur classmates in which you discuss the benefits of experiencing a diff life style

s2ophie

HSC
now there's an idea i didn't think of! we should flog them from all the other languages!

Soma

Toney Starks Fanboy
HSC
yeh,
ive been doing no work for italian lol
i've never really studied much for italian
except for the hsc speakings where i typed up all these mad phrases from every single booklet my teacher gave us. So i've got phrases on everything divided into stuff like sport/family/food/friends and suicide/generation gap/depression/ conformism etc. for 3u. I might look over a bit of grammar and try and do some writing tasks this week tho.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
good idea to look for the other languages, and to put them here

study - i'm fixing my common errors, learning some phrases

next week i'll get into the writing, comprehension etc. for now i am focusing on my harder subjects

s2ophie

HSC
I'm writing some writing tasks at the moment. They are the previous years ILTA papers so as i e-mail them to my teacher i'll add them up here!

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
ok, if i come across any i will type them here, for the moment i have not done any writings, and i was just going to do the past hsc ones

s2ophie

HSC
This is the first one i did. its a 6 mark question.

You are sending your pen friend a photo of yourself and your family. Write an accompanying letter describing members of your family and the relationship you have with each of them.

It was a pretty easy question. I enjoyed making up a family that allowed me to show off fancy grammar!

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
French
Question 13 (6 marks)
Answer ONE of the following questions. Write 100150 words in FRENCH.
(a) Your teacher asks you to write a composition about your neighbourhood. Write a description of the people who have just moved in next door.
OR
(b) Write a report for the school newsletter on one of your leisure interests.

Question 14 (9 marks)
Answer ONE of the following questions. Write 100150 words in FRENCH.
(a) You have just returned from a study tour to a French-speaking country, and have been asked to present a speech to your French class. Write the script of the speech in which you explain the benefits of the experience, and encourage the
students to take part in next years tour.
OR
(b) You have had a disagreement with your girlfriend/boyfriend where you believe you were correct. Write an e-mail to a mutual friend in which you explain what happened and express your point of view.

2002 HSC

Question 12 (6 marks)
Answer ONE of the following questions. Write 100150 words
(a) Write a message to a friend explaining why you did not meet him or her in the afternoon as planned.
OR
(b) You have witnessed something that happened in the playground. Write a report about it for the school Principal.

Question 13 (9 marks)
Answer ONE of the following questions. Write 100150
(a) You are about to start a week of work experience for a French company. Write a diary entry about your feelings and expectations.
OR
(b) Write an article for a school magazine explaining how you feel about wearing school uniform.

i'll probably download more language papers later, if not for us ( i don't know if i will have time to do many more writing tasks than like 10) i'll do it for next years hsc class.

s2ophie

HSC
These are 'borrowed' from the Japanese forum. Thanks Jap people!

(6 marks)
You have just returned from a school camp which was a total disaster. Write a description of your experiences.
OR
You are writing to a Japanese student who will visit your school on exchange. Write an email to him/her describing school life in Australia

(9 marks)
You are talking to a group of young Japanese high school students who are visiting Australia. They have asked you to tell them about what young Australian people enjoy doing in their spare time and how they keep fit. Write a script of your talk.
OR
You visited Japan recently for the World Cup Soccer tournament and are staying on in Japan in a homestay situation for a further 4 weeks. Write an email to your Japanese class telling them about your experiences in Japan and your impressions of Japanese customs and lifestyle.

s2ophie

HSC
OK so who has actually got around to writing stuff? I've done 1 and a half but they were only 6 mark questions.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
nope, i should start 2day or tomorrow though with writing

s2ophie

HSC
it was a very good lead to take!!

s2ophie

HSC
ok i have a question:

when you have to write an e-mail, how do you guys start it? i use OGGETTO, MITTENTE and just write the Date up the top. Does anyone do anything different?

Also other than letter, speech, article, webpage, email, can anyone else think of any other forms they could ask us to write in?

s2ophie

HSC
Oh and here is another 6 mark question:

You have just returned from a trip to Italy during which you spent some time living with an Italian family. Write an e-mail to a friend telling him/her about this experience.

arls

hey sophie,
i wouldn't worry too much about text type, as if theyre gonna go out of their way to try and confuse us with fancy new text types. I mean they're testing us on ITALIAN not on text types.

in answer to ure question, you've listed all the ones i can think of, i havent done any practice questions which are in diff text types.

btw, what does oggetto, or mittente mean?

i usually start off an email with Caro Daniello and the date??? im confused?

Hottieflossy

what if they ask you to write a formal letter, arls? because that differs from an informal one. so in that case you do have to worry about the text type because it defines the grammar and everything, does it not?

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
formal letter can't be asked in 2u, so don't worry

and what is mittente?
oggetto means subject
i just do to, from subject and date, like at the top of our e mail page
Originally posted by arls
i wouldn't worry too much about text type, as if theyre gonna go out of their way to try and confuse us with fancy new text types. I mean they're testing us on ITALIAN not on text types.
but careful because you do need to show you can write in the text type, and u will get marked down for writing wrongly

um, those are the only text types i can think of as well

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)