Turnbull new opposition leader (1 Viewer)

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
Sophie Mirabella and her deeeeeeemon baby Shadow Minister for Early Childhood Education, Childcare, Women and Yout

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
katie tully said:
My local MP! Member for Calare

Edit: Top bloke. Nationals guy, but he's really down to earth and quite good.

edit 2: i got a 21st birthday card off him back in august, i was like lol ok?
Hmm. Do you know much about his environmental platform? It worries me that he may not have much of an eye towards sustainable fisheries management..

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
Kwayera said:
Hmm. Do you know much about his environmental platform? It worries me that he may not have much of an eye towards sustainable fisheries management..
Really couldn't tell you, he hasn't had a lot to do with environmental strategies out here. He's spent most of his time lobbying for rural and remote health services, getting a lot of funding for that sort of stuff.

But from what I know he is fairly keen on sustainable agriculture methods, so I would assume this would include fisheries management. I'll see what I can dig up for you though, I've kept a lot of his newsletters/press releases, etc.

Going out for an hour but I'll be back!

edit: no idea what this means
In January this year (2007), as part of the Australian Government's $10 billion plan to address the problems of water availability in the Murray-Darling Basin, John was appointed Assistant Minister for the Environment and Water. His particular role in this portfolio has been to help develop and refine implementation of the plan by constant communications with farmers, irrigators and other stakeholders in the Basin. It is a role particularly close to John's heart, given the frustrations with policy-makers that led him to a political career in the first place.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
lol Abbot to rot in families
That's cruel

Insiders was saying that Bishop as treasurer will only help Swan (bc he's a pussy who cant handle aggression)

Captin gay

Supremacist.
HSC
bring back Phillip Ruddock to the front bench, berowra 4 eva

HSC
Fcuk you talk shit Katie. Corn Cobb, as Jennifer so eloquently put it, has no idea what he is doing and is a farmer. That is all.

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
squiresshane990 said:
Fcuk you talk shit Katie. Corn Cobb, as Jennifer so eloquently put it, has no idea what he is doing and is a farmer. That is all.
Corn Cobb is an excellent member of parliament, take that back.

atreus

HSC
did turnbull strategically put women in the key portfolios to make it seem as though there are many women in it?

also, what do ppl think the name of robb's new portfolio be?

atreus

HSC
i don't read smh.com, but what was i supposed to have read? all i found when i went there was how turnbull criticised the liberal party when he was in year 10.

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
atreus said:
i don't read smh.com, but what was i supposed to have read? all i found when i went there was how turnbull criticised the liberal party when he was in year 10.
You were supposed to read the bullshit articles on Turnbull strategically putting women in to make it look like there are more women.

He can only put in as many women as he's got, whether it's 5 or 15.

It was on SMH. Miranda Divine probably wrote it.

atreus

HSC
katie tully said:
You were supposed to read the bullshit articles on Turnbull strategically putting women in to make it look like there are more women.

He can only put in as many women as he's got, whether it's 5 or 15.

It was on SMH. Miranda Divine probably wrote it.
i think its a valid observation. i also noticed today during question time, but i may be wrong, that they have shuffled around the backbench seating positions and put 2 women in the row directly behind julie bishop.

Lentern

HSC
Silver Persian said:
I'm glad to see Brandis get a promotion.

Not sure about Coonan as foreign affairs spokesperson...she never seemed that competent as communications minister. And Pyne as education spokesman :<
She's sound, when in opposition foeign affairs is not the department you want to kick up a storm over, you either end up looking like your selling out your people or like your endangering your trade partners relationships. Don't make waves, really the job is to look like you won't do something really radical. Coonan might not seem dynamic but she's not going to be painted by anyone as a radical, same as Mcllelland when Rudd wasin opposition. Being in government is abit different, that's when you give the portfolio to a more high flyer like Smith or Lord Downer but when in opposition you give your high flyers nice comfortable areas like health, education, attorney general etc. Last thing you want is an oppostion frontbench where key portfolio's go to Gillards and Abbotts and Fergusons.

spiny norman

HSC
You realise Rudd came to prominence as the Shadow Foreign Affairs Minister, don't you? As was Andrew Peacock.

And lol at calling Alexander Downer and Stephen Smith "high-flyers".

ASNSWR127

HSC
yuck to Turnbull.

Why would anyone believe that having someone who has simply sat there and made profit by the meaningless and totally uninspiring trading of shares is worthy to govern all Australians?

What a disgusting occupation and one which is totally alien to those of us who truly want to make an impact on other peoples lives.

Profit is the natural product of someone else losing, do we really want someone who has lived on that premise his whole life as our leader?

NO!

Where is the true left winger who believes in social justice on either side of politics? I am waiting

Come on Gough you aren't too old!

Lentern

HSC
spiny norman said:
You realise Rudd came to prominence as the Shadow Foreign Affairs Minister, don't you? As was Andrew Peacock.

And lol at calling Alexander Downer and Stephen Smith "high-flyers".

Because Rudd is such a character? Labor voters would call him measured, sensible and composed, Liberal voters would call him complacent, tentative and ineffective, nobody would ever expect much drama to come out of a Rudd ministry and in truth it never did. Aside from Latham's troops home by christmas campaign which Rudd distanced himself from anyway opposition labor never did anything "exciting" with foreign affairs.

As for Lord Downer and Smith I'd like to hear the name of a Howard minister whom wasn't really in line to the throne whom got as much attention and coverage as Lord Downer and he hasn't been in government long enough but I assure you he will end up probably second only to Julia in Rudd's ministers. As for Peacock as shadow foreign minister I don't think it's really an accurate read of voting patterns considering how distorted the electorate was in the mid 70's.

I'd be very curious to know which ministers you would consider high flyers.

HSC
ASNSWR127 said:
yuck to Turnbull.

Why would anyone believe that having someone who has simply sat there and made profit by the meaningless and totally uninspiring trading of shares is worthy to govern all Australians?

What a disgusting occupation and one which is totally alien to those of us who truly want to make an impact on other peoples lives.

Profit is the natural product of someone else losing
, do we really want someone who has lived on that premise his whole life as our leader?
I see someone failed Capitalism 101.

NO!

Where is the true left winger who believes in social justice on either side of politics? I am waiting

Come on Gough you aren't too old!
Out to pasture with the remnants of that dead ideology and being rapidly forgotten by anyone who has half a brain.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)