Turnbull new opposition leader (1 Viewer)

chicky_pie

POTATO HEAD ROXON
HSC
atreus said:
why bag out therese if she has had a similar path to turnbull? wouldn't she be an equally good example, especially considering that she makes her money from helping the long-term unemployed re-enter the workforce?

Except Turnbull never treated his employees like shit unlike Teresa, she hearts John Howard's Workchoice.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Turnbull just treats working families like shit by voting for it
LOL

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Julie Bishop will be Shadow Treasurer

spiny norman

HSC
ShArBiNaToR said:
"It was a recession we had to have!"

Indeed...what a fucken genius... he basically did nothing, riding on the past success of Hawk. That brings me to my next point, one thing Labor is good at is destroying themselves. Ironically, its because of Keating that the Labor party will forever be split.
I suggest you go read up on Keating, you'll find he didn't, in fact, do nothing but rather he did a fair bit, given the four years afforded to him.

Unlike Labor, the Liberal party has a completely different culture. We don't think about personal gain, its about the party and the well-being of our nation. That is why Turnbull never did what Keating did - he had too much honour and would rather keep the party intact.
The Liberals' successful leaders have held onto power and cut off anyone at the knees who could possibly ever challenge them. Hence why Menzies could hold on for 20+ years. To say that McMahon, Fraser, Peacock, Howard, Hewson and even your beloved Turnbull have never undermined another leader so as to deliver power to themselves is incredibly ignorant.

Anyways... no time for leftist rubbish, Labor will fall like the pathetic maggots they are.
117 years on and Labor's still not fallen, so don't hold your breath.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
I've started to appreciate Howard in retrospect :(
Stability. Modesty. Conservatism.

Not that i'm not loving this maddness - as long as it's over before I take out a mortgage

Boxes

Banned
HSC
Iron said:
I've started to appreciate Howard in retrospect :(
Stability. Modesty. Conservatism.
yep, and was also a man of his word. now we've got showpony krudd who seriously lacks substance. :mad1:

atreus

HSC
ShArBiNaToR said:
"It was a recession we had to have!"

Unlike Labor, the Liberal party has a completely different culture. We don't think about personal gain, its about the party and the well-being of our nation. That is why Turnbull never did what Keating did - he had too much honour and would rather keep the party intact.
isn't there meant to be something in the costello memoirs about turnbull, e.g. leaks and other selfish antics.

does anyone know how true it is that turnbull was seeking to be a labor senator in the 90s?

morganforrest

HSC
atreus said:
isn't there meant to be something in the costello memoirs about turnbull, e.g. leaks and other selfish antics.

does anyone know how true it is that turnbull was seeking to be a labor senator in the 90s?
A meeting was organised with Keating about it. Nothing really came of it. He's only ever been a member of the Liberal Party. Seems to me that the meeting was more a courtesy than anything else, perhaps a way to build business relationships rather than a serious tilt at being a Federal Senator.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Am I the only one who thinks that Bishop's mad?
Look at those crazy eyes!
See is insane to the core imo. The frigid, awkward, semi-aggressive way she conducts herself in interviews - it's just blar. She's just a pants suit. A fascist drone with a stale ideology, no ideas of her own, and no likability
Iron says NO

Captin gay

Supremacist.
HSC
I bet Hitler was nice to the folks in his electorate, too. Watch Der Untergang

GODWINS LAW'D THIS THREAD

HSC
Nebuchanezzar said:
No, she's really, really not. :(
Hahahah they're going to win next election AND THEN FOREVER. MUHAHAHAHAHAHA MUHAHAHAHAHHAAHHAAHAH

MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA

AHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAA

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)