• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Turning up to 3rd year lectures. (1 Viewer)

Tim035

HSC
By 3rd year, where lecture class sizes drop to 40- 50ish, is it likely that a lecturer will notice you consistantly not turning up? I ask this because it looks as though I'm stuck with a single 1 hour lecture on thursday to which there's no point only going to uni for.

BeeCom

HSC
GENE8000 I bet ^_^

No - they don't have a name to match to the face, if they even care to begin with and/or take the role. Obv I don't know for sure

uhawww

Flakes
HSC
I've been in a few small lecture groups for a few of my subjects, and honestly they won't care.

Tim035

HSC
Yeah, I guess ultimately I'd have to play it by ear, turn up for the first few weeks. Suprisingly I managed to fit my gen eds quite snuggly around my main courses! It is a lecture for clinical and experimental pharmacology that only has this one time option on the thursday.

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
I'm sure it is fine. Lecturers don't take notice of individual students.

tallkid34

In 25 words or less
HSC
Lecturers wont even remember you unless you talk too much, you ask them stupid questions or they turn out to be your tutor.

I had a class last semester where I had a lecture (which I never went to) and then a tutorial where my tutor was my lecturer and not once he did mention my absence.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)