• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Tutition [Your Opinion] (1 Viewer)

userdk

HSC
Do you think having ONE on ONE Tutoring is much better than getting into a Tution Class ?

gadbil

DALAL*****DALAL
HSC
I think one on one tutoring is much better then a class.

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
private tutor IMO is much better as you can learn faster, more effectively and what you want to know !

Pubert

HSC
Tutoring is good if you don't understand certain things and have no one to teach you.

It is also useful if you don't do any of the school work yourself and you need someone behind constantly telling you to work.

If you arn't any of the above two things it is pretty much useless.

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
lol

tuition in prelim is kinda waste of money IMO. doesn't count towards ur hsc ... just learn the concepts in the prelim year; and u'll be fine.

no need to burn urself out in it.
[ shouldn't this be in that tuition thread thingeh me jig? ]

P

pLuvia

It depends really, if you are a fast learner and can take in concepts fast then go to the group tutoring. If you are a slow learner or want things in more detail then go to private tutoring.
Or if you have no money for private since it is usually more expensive then go to group tutoring. I personally think group tutoring is better for maths and science, but things like english, languages etc better to go to private

Note: No implications here :p

Riviet

HSC
N/A
pLuvia said:
It depends really, if you are a fast learner and can take in concepts fast then go to the group tutoring. If you are a slow learner or want things in more detail then go to private tutoring.
Or if you have no money for private since it is usually more expensive then go to group tutoring. I personally think group tutoring is better for maths and science, but things like english, languages etc better to go to private
I agree with what pLuvia said, one on one is much more productive and you can learn alot in an hour. I personally go to a group class for maths and science, I believe there is no need for one on one, but for English, I have a private tutor that helps me work on my essays and writing skills.

A l

HSC
N/A
I think group tuition is good if you are willing to have competition. On the other hand, I think private tuition is good for targeting and working on your weaknesses.

D

dzzlng_07

Riviet said:
... but for English, I have a private tutor that helps me work on my essays and writing skills.
i agree!! class tutors for english doesnt help all that much, because the teacher doesnt focus on strengthening your individual weaknesses.

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
Never get class tutoring for English. It's much too vague and impossible to concentrate on any specific area of study.

The effectiveness of tutoring depends on the individual. Some perform better in a competitive environment - a class, while others prefer to have the teacher focus on only their problems.

Generally, private tutoring is preferred as you buy more time for yourself with the money. However, in some cases it would help to have several other students in the class for the purpose of comparing the depth studied in different schools, and being open to a wider range of problems and discussion topics.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)