tutor groups (1 Viewer)

RANK 1

HSC
does ur schools have admin periods at the start and end of each day if yes, do they piss u off, if not, how do u sign in

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
Like a roll call? Only in the morning. Talk with friends, listen to music, or read.

RANK 1

HSC
yeh but we have this thing called vertical tutor group this year and its like admin but instead of the classes being based on year groups its now sorted so theres like 3-2 ppl from every yr in one roll-call class

RANK 1

HSC
its supposed to produce a friendly environment where all yr groups can interact but really it just encourages bullying, apparently other schools do it as well

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
yeh but we have this thing called vertical tutor group this year and its like admin but instead of the classes being based on year groups its now sorted so theres like 3-2 ppl from every yr in one roll-call class
Yeah, still roll call. Only year 12 was separate at my school. Otherwise it was 'vertically integrated'. To be honest, I didn't realise that other schools did it so differently. It's never been a cause of problems at my school.

bitumen

HSC
i had that at my school and it was actually kind of nice tbh. as lame as it sounds, it's good to interact with people outside your year group. plus it's really nice for juniors to have someone to go to for help

Last edited:

jnney

lemon
HSC
Nope, I just get a roll call 5 times a day. -__-

AAEldar

Premium Member
HSC
Just roll call in the morning at 8:30 for 10-20 minutes depending on the day. Use to be a mixed year roll call but they changed it a few years back so that roll calls are in alphabetical order in years. Doesn't affect me however since I'm in the SRC and its a mixed roll call for us.

Trying to get it back though.

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
Yeah I have roll call mixed Yr 7-12 in each. It doesn't really serve much of a purpose other than getting marked off and notices read to you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)