• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Tutorial registration on the net (1 Viewer)

shady_03

Sue me....
HSC
Surely there must be a better way for people to register for tutorials? About 3 mins after the time the registration opens, the whole system lags and freezes coz it cant support all these people trying 2 register. Then wen it finally does work, surprise surprise all of the tutorials are full.

Its so fuked, unis like sydney dont have 2 sign up online, its fukin bullshit. So why is UWS so special that they have 2 have registrations thru the fukin internet? Can't they develop some sort of decent system instead of "first come first serve?".

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
And I suppose that a huge long line coming out of the student centre would be better?

Other people will miss out on their desired times as well. Just rock up to whatever ones you want. Who cares really.

Btw, how come we have so many tut rego complaining threads, it can't be that bad, can it?

klh

HSC
lik eit or lump it. as uni are following online means, such as in the biz world, and that it is far less costly, they wont change. they were thinking or changing units online too at some point...
it used to be different, you would register at uni in class, but now....well its all becoz of computer nerds!!!! lol

shady_03

Sue me....
HSC
Cape said:
And I suppose that a huge long line coming out of the student centre would be better?

Other people will miss out on their desired times as well. Just rock up to whatever ones you want. Who cares really.

Btw, how come we have so many tut rego complaining threads, it can't be that bad, can it?
u should try it (especially wen ur computer freezes) sometime

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Oh, I haven't done tutorial registration since first semester of last year. Ah, the joys of only having lectures!

klh

HSC
well than its not uws'd fault but your computer, so dont go blaming uws's system, even though it may deserve it in some peoples view.
ive got my times on pure luck and preparation as well, remember those and youll get your times.
MAybe an extra measure is for the system to have a limit to refresh on all accounts. 20 times and you can piss off or somethinig like that.

HSC
his just pissed coz he was logged in since 1pm, the school opened at 3pm, and HE, not the ppl that just logged on, got kicked out, it is pretty weak but he can just e-mail his unit co-ords and discuss times his under the school of communication... and i checked their timetable and it doesnt have anything like

'The School of Applied Social and Human Sciences WILL NOT CONSIDER ANY REQUESTS FOR TIMETABLE/TUTORIAL ADJUSTMENTS other than documented child care arrangements or disability issues

as my tightass school does so their probably more lenient with allowing ppl to change shit

klh

HSC
ohhhh, well isnt there the 20 min limit? which logs you off?
and you should log in like 20 to 30 minutes before hand instead of 2 hrs, cos other people are registering for other tutes while your not.

IP_freely

evo 9 ftw
HSC
yes but if u log 20mins b4 hand it takes friggen for ever to load for eg yesterday i try loggin in at 2: 50 an guess wat i coudnt get in until 4 20 an im not joking

klh

HSC
it many also depend on your school, the more students, the more stress on the servers, not to mention th eprevious days stresses and stuff.
its interesting natstar got in 2 mins while you had to wait for so long, but thats all i can see that is the difference, your schools. also th emroe people who refresh who are logged in, they create more instreuctions so thus slows system.
i just wish that the refreeshers would at least start to do it in teh "3 till" open time bracket so that things work and more people get in, but then the times vanish quicker too.

A2RAYA

You've done us proud boys
HSC
I registered my tutorials and my mate's today for the school of engineering and industrial design and i was done with both in 10 mins...no problems at all so stop blaming the uws servers :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)