Tutorials? (1 Viewer)

ShadowLighte

HSC
Hey, just wondering if you guys had tutorials at your school. I've only heard of it recently but apparently my school has after school tutorials which go through HSC past papers and whatnot for about an hour. It doesn't cover content learned, only past papers/ HSC style questions. I haven't been to one yet and don't know if anyone even turns up but I guess should probably make use of it.

tashe

HSC
N/A
Here's a protip: Don't force yourself to attend just because it "sounds" beneficial. Stop attending when you feel like it isn't helping you as much compared to self-studying.

gwilymprice

HSC
I wish my school did that, would have been fun! Although, i'm not sure if the attendance would be enough for it to be practical

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
My school did that, but I was more efficient in studying st home after coming to school and learning new concepts and stuff.

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
You should check the tutorial out, however, remember that in the case of you not having consolidated your knowledge before hand, there is very little point in doing past papers with an inadequate foundation. As others have pointed out, just because something sounds 'beneficial' does not mean it is necessarily the most effective for you. A last piece of advice I can give you is to remember that practising past papers under EXAM conditions will always be the most beneficial way to go, and getting feedback-not just in you checking over your answers and marking it against the marking criteria and sample answer, but asking a teacher to mark your responses can also be quite helpful as well. Best wishes for you to ace this year:)

sirable1

HSC
Uni Grad
I remember this. There was a morning session for Standard English (AOS) in which I've studied Standard. Nearly 90% of students were doing Advanced (there was no Adv. tutorial for some reason)since AOS was the same and next thing you know, a week later - it turned into a Advanced English tutorial (modules later on...)

ShadowLighte

HSC
LOL I don't really see how spending extra time in school would be fun and yeah, I heard only 8 out of 90 people went to the Ancient History one that just passed and the teachers were disappointed.

So far there are only history ones, I haven't heard of any other subjects though they're on the timetable :/ Teachers probably lazy.

Yeup, I'm definitely not forcing myself to go but I suppose I should just try a few out to see whether or not I'd need it.

simplyinsanity

HSC
Here's a protip: Don't force yourself to attend just because it "sounds" beneficial. Stop attending when you feel like it isn't helping you as much compared to self-studying.
^Agreed.

This also applies to coaching colleges.

enoilgam

HSC
My school never did this - but it definitely sounds like a good idea. Like, I'd have preferred to do this over wasting time in class going over the content at two miles an hour. Obviously, schools have to cater for everyone, but I think the rate at which content is covered in school is far too slow altogether. I think students would be better served working on past papers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)