• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

TUTORING (for HSC etc.) (1 Viewer)

HSC
TUTORING 99.95 James Ruse

Hey,

I'm Veronica and I'm available for tutoring in chemistry and biology. Currently, I am studying medicine at UNSW.

Academic

I received a final UAI of 99.95 in the 2007 HSC. My marks were:

English Advanced - 95

English Extension - 47 (48 external)

Chemistry - 96 (external 97)

Biology - 97 (17th in the state)

Mathematics Ext 1 - 97

Mathematics Ext 2 - 97

Agriculture - 96 (external 99) (5th in the state 2006)

I attended James Ruse Agricultural High School from 2002-2007 and received UAI estimates of 99.90 on both occasions in year 12.

For my achievements, I received the Premier's Award and Australian Students' Prize (aka Lord Florey Prize). I was also offered scholarships by both UNSW and USyd.

Experience, tutor skillz etc.
I have been tutoring for over a year, and have now got at least a year's worth of experience under my belt XD. So far, I've helped at least twenty students with their studies (credentials upon request). I've also been told that I have unlimited patience and enthusiasm, which is motivating for students. I have also worked at tutoring companies like HSC Intensive Training Summit where I have launched seminars on effective exam preparation (e.g. how to answer long answer questions and get full marks, how to tackle calculation problems etc.)

I am easily accessible and encourage active communication between my students and I (ie if you talk to me at 1am on msn, i'll probably reply lolz).

I also have a vast amount of resources at my disposal, which will come very handy during exam preparation time.

Other Matters
I tutor at home (I live in Parramatta region) but my house is a brief 5 min stroll from the station. Group sessions are fine by me (in fact, you get a discount, yay).

As for pricing, I charge $30/hour.

If you're interested, PM me or email me at veronica.lim@hotmail.com and I'll get back to you asap =)

Last edited:

Premium Member
HSC
LOL shuffle, you overachiever.
However, you require my charisma.
And can I add something?
You're a little bit female.

HSC
^ lol. There, there *pats*.

Also, in answer to some of your queries, group sessions are also fine with me. =)

HSC
In answer to some of your queries, I have received UAI estimates of 99.90 on both occasions in year 12.

Last edited:

umfaan

HSC
My number is 9659 6545

Please call and we can talk about it

HSC
I'm mainly offering tutoring at the Parramatta area (where I live) but we can negotiate if necessary. :)

NupPun

HSC
For all u ppl out there who need tutors,

Pick shuffleshuffle aka veronica. she knows all her material very well and im pretty sure once u try her out, ull realise she has quite insightful knowledge to tell u. i mean its not easy to consistently perform in ruse like she does. her asking price is also very competitive. she's also very receptive to comments and flexible in her teaching methods.

luvbubble15

HSC
This Veronica is awesome at English
Practically full marks for every assessment
And also at Chem, Bio etc etc etc whatever she lists up there
She is also very sexy
And at such a low price :O hehe
SO SEND HER A PRIVATE MESSAGE RIGHT NOW

mickael

HSC
does anyone know of a tutor who would be able to turor me for CAFS

jellybabii91

HSC
Hello,
I am currently a year 11/12 student at Crestwood high school and in desperate need of a biology tutor. I prefer private tutoring sessions or depending on which area you live I am also willing to travel to the tutor's house. By they way I live in the hiils area (Baulkham Hills).

HSC
jellybabii91 said:
Hello, I am currently a year 11/12 student at crestwood high school and in desperate need of a biology tutor. Could you please reply me back with the hourly rates you charge and just some of the techniques/skills you would teach as a biology tutor. By the way, I live in the hills area(Baulkham Hills).
Hey,

I PMed you :D

live.fast

HSC
N/A
Hey, will you be tutoring in 2008 for english? hektikk results btw !

HSC
live.fast said:
Hey, will you be tutoring in 2008 for english? hektikk results btw !
Heh thanks. You too :)

Yeah, I'll be tutoring english in 2008, amongst other things. I'll either be going to UNSW or USyd so I guess I'll still be around.

Aplus

HSC
N/A
umfaan said:
My number is 9659 6545

Please call and we can talk about it
Bad mistake, posting your number to the public.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)