tutoring for year 9+10 (1 Viewer)

carrotsss

HSC
wdym? I dont plan to unless I get into a uni there lol. Everyday the chances just get lower and lower tho, (given my school is very low rank but for some reason my cohort has some crazy intelligent people which will render me into lower ranks and therefore bad atar.)
given the amount of tutoring ur doing already if you donโ€™t get an extremely high ATAR Iโ€™ll be super surprised

also school ranking doesnโ€™t affect you, your cohorts performance in each subject and your ranks relative to it do, so thatโ€™s kinda a good thing

ExtremelyBoredUser

Bored Uni Student
HSC
given the amount of tutoring ur doing already if you donโ€™t get an extremely high ATAR Iโ€™ll be super surprised

also school ranking doesnโ€™t affect you, your cohorts performance in each subject and your ranks relative to it do, so thatโ€™s kinda a good thing
More tutoring =/ More ATAR

I've seen people who've done tutoring since Kindergarten, their parents pulled out the bank for OC, selective and everything, they ended up with mediocre ATARs whereas I've also seen people who've just decided to self-study (I'm an example ig).

I think a lot of people who go through this route become way way too dependent on tutoring centres for learning and by the HSC they're quite average since while they do put in the effort, they usually don't have that ability to go beyond.

People who do take advantage of tutoring but know how to self-study and learn on their free time are those people you see hitting the 98+ range

carrotsss

HSC

I've seen people who've done tutoring since Kindergarten, their parents pulled out the bank for OC, selective and everything, they ended up with mediocre ATARs whereas I've also seen people who've just decided to self-study (I'm an example ig).

I think a lot of people who go through this route become way way too dependent on tutoring centres for learning and by the HSC they're quite average since while they do put in the effort, they usually don't have that ability to go beyond.

People who do take advantage of tutoring but know how to self-study and learn on their free time are those people you see hitting the 98+ range
Yeah I completely agree (I donโ€™t do tutoring myself) but for pethmin to be spending so much money on tutoring it would just be sad if he didnโ€™t do really well

Average Boreduser

๐™ฑ๐šŠ๐š—๐š—๐šŽ๐š
HSC

Oh wait fr?? LETS GO WTF?? I did not think it was the cohort

ExtremelyBoredUser

Bored Uni Student
HSC
Yeah I completely agree (I donโ€™t do tutoring myself) but for pethmin to be spending so much money on tutoring it would just be sad if he didnโ€™t do really well
I think that's part of the problem as well. People who do way more tutoring are expected to perform at a crazy level, and if they're not up to it (which some generally are), they get reprimanded and they develop a toxic cycle in which they feel burdened to do good at school rather than just appreciating the process.

Average Boreduser

๐™ฑ๐šŠ๐š—๐š—๐šŽ๐š
HSC

I got rid of 90% of my tutors and focused on 3. I get your point tho fr. Ik people who locked themselves in their rooms, slowly but surely decomposing on their chairs, and still dont really get much out of their efforts. I've learnt that last yr and hence I have kept those subjects I genuinely want to go ahead in and quit everything else in order to get more time for actual study that will affect my atar.

ExtremelyBoredUser

Bored Uni Student
HSC
I got rid of 90% of my tutors and focused on 3. I get your point tho fr. Ik people who locked themselves in their rooms, slowly but surely decomposing on their chairs, and still dont really get much out of their efforts. I've learnt that last yr and hence I have kept those subjects I genuinely want to go ahead in and quit everything else in order to get more time for actual study that will affect my atar.
Peth, you spend a lot of time online and I think its a good thing because you should try to leverage that for getting resources and making contacts etc. Try developing your independent skills early so when you are in the HSC, you're just that more competent.

I do have faith in you

Average Boreduser

๐™ฑ๐šŠ๐š—๐š—๐šŽ๐š
HSC
Peth, you spend a lot of time online and I think its a good thing because you should try to leverage that for getting resources and making contacts etc. Try developing your independent skills early so when you are in the HSC, you're just that more competent.

I do have faith in you
I usually am the one offering resources, but thanks man appreciate it frfr.
This rizz will get me through dw.
Just learnt this new one from my teacher yesturday:
are u sqrt of 2? bc you make me irrational ๐Ÿค“

Average Boreduser

๐™ฑ๐šŠ๐š—๐š—๐šŽ๐š
HSC
How do you do SCOM if you live all the way in orange hahaha:oops:
drove, countless, life draining hrs. Its all those dumbass stereotypes from parents who think the hsc is pay to win. ie tutoring. hella dumb ik. I fell for it initially. ๐Ÿ™ no one else does that mistake.

carrotsss

HSC
drove, countless, life draining hrs. Its all those dumbass stereotypes from parents who think the hsc is pay to win. ie tutoring. hella dumb ik. I fell for it initially. ๐Ÿ™ no one else does that mistake.
At least you realised this now instead of in year 12

ExtremelyBoredUser

Bored Uni Student
HSC
glad to see my wisdom came through.

What degree are you planning to do? What are you aspiring for?

Average Boreduser

๐™ฑ๐šŠ๐š—๐š—๐šŽ๐š
HSC
glad to see my wisdom came through.

What degree are you planning to do? What are you aspiring for?
hopefully med. haven't thought of what branch tho, but maybe cardiology would be cool. That wont even matter if I dont get enough marks to get nto uni ๐Ÿ’€

ExtremelyBoredUser

Bored Uni Student
HSC
hopefully med. haven't thought of what branch tho, but maybe cardiology would be cool. That wont even matter if I dont get enough marks to get nto uni ๐Ÿ’€
If you have motivation, persistence and consistency, I'm sure you can reach your goal especially since you've been so dedicated. Just make sure from now on, you do tuition on your own initiative and not your parents.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)