Votes: 7 24.1%
  • no

Votes: 22 75.9%

• Total voters

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
i didnt, but a few people did...from what i can gather, they helped...like one girl went from failing all her assessments (20-30%) to passing (admittially, just passing, but still a pass) the HSC.

addict

'Specal' Member
HSC
Originally posted by cro_angel
nope i dont and i dont know anyone who does.. we just kinda help each other
im with cro_angel. we go to the same school n yeah, if anyone is having a problen we just help each other out in our classes, frees or period7 if its really needed...

Miffy

I don't have one anymore, I had one in year 11 though. It really didn't improve me much and it didn't motivate me any more than i already was, and that was the main reason i got one in the first place. Quite a few people in my year that do general have one though. I don't think it's necessary to have one. My teacher is great and she's willing to spend any of her free time with us if we need help so that's enough.

Misturi

[Studying...]
HSC
Wow, l'm the only person so far who as voted yes!

I had a tutor when l changed shcools from a crappy public school to my private school. I went from a standard type class (In year 7 we learnt our timestables and identifying shapes like circle, square etc.) to an advanced year 8 class at my new school (equations, algebra etc.). I was very lost, l didn't know what on earth l was doing, so l got a tutor. I just passed Advanced maths in year 8 but my teacher saw how much l was struggling, so she put me down. From then on l didn't have a tutor until last year (Year 11). I haven't looked back. My average now is approx. 80-90% and l couldn't be happier!

Beaker

Never had one hey... well not for maths i prefer just reading the text and checking out this site and asking questions when i come across a problem..

dark`secrets

<insert title>
HSC
N/A
umm..back when i was doing the advance math course, only needed one in yr 9 and 10. had one at the beginning of 11 for standard maths.
i dont think im struggling with general maths okay i better not jinx myself or i'll be chopped :( seeing my school offers these hw sessions after school where teachers are there to help you, i attend those incase i have a question which i dont understand. i get so aggravated and pissed off if i dont understand the bloody question.

Misturi

[Studying...]
HSC
Originally posted by dark`secrets
i get so aggravated and pissed off if i dont understand the bloody question.
Lol! So do l, l get even more agro when the teacher or my tutor explains it and l knew all along, l just simply forgot!

dark`secrets

<insert title>
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Misturi
Lol! So do l, l get even more agro when the teacher or my tutor explains it and l knew all along, l just simply forgot!
yes it stupid huh? when you realise it that its so easy, general maths is logical and literal.

Misturi

[Studying...]
HSC
Originally posted by dark`secrets
yes it stupid huh? when you realise it that its so easy, general maths is logical and literal.
Not to mention a pain in the ass.

WishUponAStar

Happy Tafe Student!
HSC
I've got a tutor because I'm HORRIBLE at maths and I need a pass to get into the uni course I want, and it's helping me a lot.

Last edited:

caity

I've got a tutor for general duznt do neting really...maths is jus boring i onli chose it because there was nuthin better to do. Im not the best at maths never have been n never will be, but honestly general aint a bludgy easy subject its kinda hard in some areas...heaps of people who went down from advanced into general arent getting 90% so thats gotta say sumfin bout the subject, a lot have people have actually said mathematics is easier so :p

this_guy

never had a tutor for maths, but i know ppl who do
i think its a waste of money coz i beat them in every assesment we do

littlel

can some one please recommed a tutor in the st. clair/st. marys area for general maths.. i really need one. in class i just much around, but if i'm for 1 on 1 i think i'll listen better.. any suggestions?

Jimmy87

yeh i use ot have one but i wason ly fogetting stuff, once you revise over it a couple of itmes its simple stuff

some_random

Originally posted by this_guy
never had a tutor for maths, but i know ppl who do
i think its a waste of money coz i beat them in every assesment we do
well OBVIOUSLY they need the tutors then, don't they?
if they aren't able to beat you with one.. imagine how they'd be without one..

i apparently should be doing 3u/4u maths, but i'm doing general.
and i'm glad..
i don't know anyone who is going well in 2u.. even 3u students.

Wilmo

Child of the Most High
HSC
well my dads a maths teacher... so i dont really need a tutor... but usually i dont ask him about anything cause im stubborn and want to do it on my own... but im finding it very handy this year... very handy.

bluesky100

Carly :-)
HSC
Yep, I had a tutor for yr 10 math to yr 12 further math unit 3&4. Worked for me, would have never thought I'd be doing yr12 math when I was in yr10 and went from hating algebra of any form to loving it b/c I thought those topics were the easiest one I had a good grasp on it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)