Twilight Series by Stephenie Meyer (1 Viewer)

jonosup

HSC
<strike>Which book represents the clearest ideas of Bella belonging to the Cullens?
a) twilight
b) new moon
c) eclipse

and any themes that can back up this idea. :)</strike>
I do not any longer need help with this idea, many people have given valuable feed back.
thank you.

Last edited:

icecoffee

HSC
d) Breaking Dawn ... *shudder* lol

umm...Eclipse i guess, cause they try to protect her and put their lives on the line?

Ahh i just realised, you're doing "Belonging"!

icecoffee

HSC
I wouldn't use twilight as a related material but there are some aspects of belonging in it i guess...

jonosup

HSC
im not going to do it as ORM.
but i wanna know if their is anyway i can contribute it.
any other texts you can inform me of??
and twilight isn't a bad book.
just last thing i have rad, and was wondering if there was any hope for relating it to belonging.

HSC
jonosup said:
im not going to do it as ORM.
but i wanna know if their is anyway i can contribute it.
any other texts you can inform me of??
and twilight isn't a bad book.
just last thing i have rad, and was wondering if there was any hope for relating it to belonging.

Im thinking of doing 1 of the Twilight series as well. Im thinking of doing Eclipse. It may be challenging gathering all the different concepts of belonging, however, I think I'l learn more and develop different perspectives of belonging.

Im doing
As you like it-Shakespeare (Set text)
My Place by Sally Morgan
Possibly Eclipse by Stephanie Meyer
And one other 1 (possibly a song or film)

Here's a site of all the different text you can do for "Belonging".
http://www.insidebreak.org.au/belonging.html

jonosup

HSC
yeh,
thank you so much for the site.
Really useful,
have you found any belonging concepts in the book??
help needed, i stupidly picked twilight series as the text for a practice essay.

Abbyhatch

HSC
I'd say Breaking Dawn, really. Or Eclipse. Eclipse, she is torn between the two different groups, the humans (and werewolves) and the vampires. She chooses tho belong to the supernatural world over the natural.
But in Breaking Dawn, that's where she begins to belong to their world, and faces all sorts of trouble because of that.
I don't know, really. It could be pretty hard.

HSC
Abbyhatch said:
I'd say Breaking Dawn, really. Or Eclipse. Eclipse, she is torn between the two different groups, the humans (and werewolves) and the vampires. She chooses tho belong to the supernatural world over the natural.
But in Breaking Dawn, that's where she begins to belong to their world, and faces all sorts of trouble because of that.
I don't know, really. It could be pretty hard.

oh, okay.
Well, I'm in the stage of reading Eclipse and gathering all the concepts it has that has got to do with belonging (the unconditional love between Edward and Bella, the loving and caring of Charlie, and her bond with Jacob). But, I might have a look at both and see which would be most useful and effective.

Nª!j∂♫

HSC
LOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVE

but yeah, i think either eclipse or the end of breaking dawn
:]

HSC
jonosup said:
yeh,
thank you so much for the site.
Really useful,
have you found any belonging concepts in the book??
help needed, i stupidly picked twilight series as the text for a practice essay.
Yeah, im like up to chapter 6, and I have already picked up a few concepts. You really just need to understand the basics of belonging and brainstorm all the ideas of belonging (including not belonging).
What I've read so far is basically the unconditional love between Edward and Bella continuing from the first 2 books; the bond between Bella and Jacob, and Charlie's love and caring for Bella.

Twilighter101

HSC
HMMMM....i want to do twilight too for my related material and i've been thinking....this is what i have come up with:

the fact that Edward and Bella come from to opposing worlds and DON'T belong together

as Vampires are meant to feed on human, as it is in their nature to do so...but in this point of them not belonging, they also do belong but as predator/ prey ... which as you see their relationship isnt like everyone elses as edward, the predator, craves for both her blood and her company... so they do belong together but not in the way they are so therefore dont belong

it alll contridicts one another which will much as lose marks

as they also DO belong together as we see that its their fate to be together... bellas blood the sweetest and moving to forks and edward beign unable to hear her thoughts and also the clumsiness of bella makes edward feel the NEED to protect her... but overall its HIM who is her greatest danger..

ooh and the fact that the Cullen family choose NOT to belong the other vampires by choosing a different way of life and feeding from animals. Trying the blend in and belong as a human so they dont have to travel so much and also feel a sense of belonging and living in forks gives them the chance to go out in the day and belong and feel a slight bit normal

they also allow themselves to belong still as vampires and playing baseball and having a big house away from civilization allows them to be themselves; running super fast, being super strong and the thrill of the hunt allows them to givethemselves over completely to their senses and not having to monitor and control every move they make

Bella no longer belongs to the normal world as she becomes part of edwards world and soon WANTS to be like him to BELONG which would make their relationship a whole lot easier

BELLA WANTS TO BELONG, AS A VAMPIRE

and the whole imprinting thing is kind of like a person belongs to another though a supernatural bond and fate

i better stop here i have sooo many ideas but those probably are pretty shit anyways yeahh ....

squidjet

HSC
:eek:lol really dont like the whole twilight thing going on but i have to admit it does relate a bit to belonging. dont use it in the HSC but cause everyone will do it and there isnt reali that much u can do on it.:hammer:

:ninja::)

Mone

HSC
i personally think that twilight will be a bad idea cuz teachers might see u as being lazy and not reading the big and difficult texts around. It is like doing ur essay on harry potter or ugly duckling- very very bad idea.

fozzster22

HSC
don't do twilight, no english teacher would take it seriously, infact it wouldn't surprise me if some of them were offended

itadakimus

procrastinator
HSC
Yes, seriously, don't do Twilight as your related text. It's hard to take a student seriously when they're using something from pop culture that has not proved any literary worth as their related text. And what are you going to say for techniques? Metaphors? "And then I realised that Jacob and Edward were like the fridge magnets. I couldn't force them together," or some crap like that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)