but there is a petition going around somewhere
when i find it i`ll link it to you guys

edit: i am so going to the prom -THANKYOU KINOKUNIYAAA!!!-

Last edited:

agirlinatutu

Im just not ready...
HSC
Kirsty Xx said:
If you go to the Stephenie Meyer official website, you can be redirected to the Twilight Australia website where it details that the Twilight movie will not be released in Australia until January 8th, unlike the date provided on the Stephenie Meyer official website which says December 12th.

If others can verify a different Australian release date (if the date I have provided is incorrect) please do so. Much appreciated.

EDIT: Here is a link - http://www.twilightaustralia.net/
That kinda sucks. If only it was released at the same time as the US!

twiggy ♥

HSC
Ah, I'm loving this series! I'm halfway through Eclipse. :)

ps: I'm a Jacob Black fangirl. :D

Last edited:

mangaLOVE.

HSC
really? jacob?
i love the part when
was it jasper or emmet? asks bella if she fell over again since she broke her knuckle
and she was like "no i punched a werewolf in the face"
haha

lisajf

C'est la vie
HSC
I am hanging out for breaking dawn and trying to keep reading! So i thought i would recommend a few series to you guys...why not i know i am always looking for new books to read!

Has Anyone read the host yet? I have read the chapters on Stephenie Meyers website and it sounds really intriguing. Im looking forward to reading it.

Also i recommend you guys give The mortal instruments Series a go by Cassandra Clare. I have read The first one "City of Bones" and it was fantastic but trust me you will want to throw the book accross the room lol and the second one City of Ashes is available from borders by ordering it or off Amazon. Haven't read that one yet but its on my list to read.

Another book i enjoyed was The Vampire Academy books by Richelle Mead. its sequel is out its called "Frost Bite".

Anyway hope you give these a go!! you can only try right! ;)

ps i love love love love loooovveee the guy they have playing edward in the twilight movie...EXACTALLY how i pictured him when i was reading the books :p

LibrarianLouise

HSC
N/A
I have just finished reading the first three books in the Twilight series by Stephenie Meyer. The book titles are
1.Twilight
2.New Moon
3.Eclipse
and book number 4.Breaking Dawn is due out in August
The Host is another seperate book that she has written
The "Twilight" movie is currently in production and scheduled for initial release in December (maybe in Australia in early 2009)
By the way - Twilight was Stephenie's first novel
LibrarianLouise

lisajf

C'est la vie
HSC
LibrarianLouise all who come on here are huge fans so we know the order and everything else about twilight :p :) have you read the host yet? i started it today and it is, so far, good!

lisajf

C'est la vie
HSC
yeh i have to agree with you on that point (about bella's obsession with edward) but it does lessen and get sooooo much better as did the harry potter books. They started out very immature and worked up to be very mature and dark. And yes the time limit they "love" each other is very short but hey its a good read and its one where you do get to know and love the characters and want to know what happens. like evrything not everyone will LOVE it and thats fine if you dont but give the next two a go!:)

peregrinus

HSC
Rebekkie said:
i think twilight is a bit image obsessed. First half of the book almost every second sentence has something to do with Edward's eyes, or smile, or body. and almost always described the same way. And it's not going to be as big as harry potter because it really only appeals to the female audience. and it's waaayyy too unbelieveable that they would get so close after only really knowing each other for four days. (formal shopping to saving bella from James)

but i'm yet to read the 2/3/4 books so i may change my opinion.
I absolutely love the Twilight series and the Host

and i disagree that it is only for a female audience, it was a guy that got me into the series and he read it before anyone in my group and got everyone else to read it. I know a fair few guys who have read it and loved it.

i understand the reason why you may think that twilight is for girls because it is narrated by a female but the last book of the series is from Edwards point of view.

also i think you are looking at it to cynically, about the unbelievability and all, and the timespans.

books 2/3 should change your opinion

if not, read the Host, very good :D

lisajf

C'est la vie
HSC
OHHH i love love love love lovvveed the host it was absolutely fantastic!! definately read it!!! addictive and you will fall in love with the characters and miss them when you finish..i do!!! i cant help but rave about the host..

i want meyer to write more book outside the twilight series and the host just because she creates characters that are loveable and in the hosts case very in depth.. :)

Did you know she is planning to write a sequel to the host after midnight sun and a break...im not sure how i feel about this though i wont give anything away but the ending seemed to satisfy me and seemed final.. i dont know where she would go from there..but hey im sure stephenie meyer would think of something...i just hope it doesnt ruin it...

agirlinatutu

Im just not ready...
HSC
peregrinus said:
i understand the reason why you may think that twilight is for girls because it is narrated by a female but the last book of the series is from Edwards point of view.
Are you sure? The preview at the end of the Eclipse is written from Bella's perspective. Unless your talking about Midnight sun? which is twilight from Edwards perpective?

lisajf

C'est la vie
HSC
midnight sun, technically, is the last book in the series lol :p

JessicaCaroline

HSC
Heliotrope said:
I've read the first in the series, and I thought it was vapid. As someone else put it, it's a romance novel for people who don't have the guts to read a real trashy romance - with vampires thrown in for the hell of it. How many times a chapter can Bella gush about how painfully, ethereally beautiful her vampire boyfriend is? And using clumsiness as a character flaw? Come on. I understand the popularity of the series, though, and it makes me a little bit sad. Tell me I'm not the only one.
OMG finally!!!! My thoughts exactly!!!
Furthermore, i think the writing is just really basic

lisajf

C'est la vie
HSC
i have to say that i just dont enjoy the romances where it is just soft erotica its just dull and it focuses mainlly on that..yes bellas character may be shallow but i hate that "adult" vampire novels all get turned into trashy romances that are as i said soft or sometimes full blown erotica...some people just dont enjoy that...its not about having the guts or not its just people with different tastes. and you have your opinions which is fine..this is just mine on that issue :)

Hollieee

You're unbelievable.
HSC
Ahhh, well I really enjoyed them, actually. I thought they were sweet and entertaining. I love Jacob and Edward. That's pretty much all I can add.

hollyy.

stop looking at me swan.
HSC
Charity F said:
My friends read this series before it was popular/cool and begged me to read it, and i refused, because of lack of time and i was convinced they were reading the books just for the sex. i swear, that's why you guys read them, lol. ^^

Anyway, it's been reluctantly added to my post-HSC reading list. But i have to listen to avid discussion about Edward, Bella, and everyone else. o_O

They tell me they read the books purely for the storyline. Apparently Meyer has a crappy writing style, so i don't think she deserves the money.
they havent had sex yet (unless i missed something lol)

Reneeee

HSC
*BIRDIE* said:
has anyone read it??

its spose to be the newest craze in books since Harry Potter!!
Hey!
yeah ive read all the twighlight series and im waiting for the
next book to come out im so excited!!
have you read them?

HSC
i finally bought new moon and eclipse yesterday. About a cm through new moon. Its alrightttt, a bit boring at times without edward. =[

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)