twilight series (1 Viewer)

u-borat

Banned
HSC
bawd said:
Harry Potter is definitely > Twilight.

HP is more imaginative than Twilight and actually created visual imagery in my head, whereas Twilight was just bleh, bleh, bleh.

Congratulations to Stephanie Meyer and being able to join the make-money-selling-bad-lit club.

I like Harry Potter (except the recent books). Gives me nostalgic feeling of being young since I read it all that while ago.

Yes, I am still a twelve year old at heart.

;)
Yeah, you completed missed the point. Irony.

cait33

Doctor's Companion
HSC
BREAKING DAWN ON MONDAY!!!!!!!!!!
and i cant read cos thats when trials start.... :.(
it shall be my insentive to get the damn things over with

michaeljay

HSC
Very big Harry Potter fan...

BUT AN EVEN BIGGER TWILIGHT FAN

I don't know how you couldn't be...

hollyy.

stop looking at me swan.
HSC
bawd said:
Harry Potter is definitely > Twilight.

HP is more imaginative than Twilight and actually created visual imagery in my head, whereas Twilight was just bleh, bleh, bleh.

Congratulations to Stephanie Meyer and being able to join the make-money-selling-bad-lit club.

I like Harry Potter (except the recent books). Gives me nostalgic feeling of being young since I read it all that while ago.

Yes, I am still a twelve year old at heart.

;)
agreed that harry potter is better.
although i do love twilight.

bawd

HSC
hollyy. said:
agreed that harry potter is better.
although i do love twilight.
Everyone who says they don't like Harry Potter is lying IMO.

That or they liked it for some protracted period of time in the past...

u-borat

Banned
HSC
bawd said:

No.

Your blinkered view towards literature is not the be end and end all.

harry potter is a shittily written series which is the EPITOME of the overhyped and successfully marketed book.

The writing makes me cringe sometimes; if you classify harry potter as good literature, you're clearly deluded. or retarded. or possibly both.

and back on topic; twilight is a femlit version of harry potter. except its slightly better than harry potter. no great achievement that, but.

Dub Fresh

HSC

I doubt it. Most literary critics slam it because, well, it sucks.

No.

harry potter is a shittily written series which is the EPITOME of the overhyped and successfully marketed book.

The writing makes me cringe sometimes; if you classify harry potter as good literature, you're clearly deluded. or retarded. or possibly both.

and back on topic; twilight is a femlit version of harry potter. except its slightly better than harry potter. no great achievement that, but.
Agreed on all counts, but the term is chick lit, not fem lit. :p

bawd

HSC
u-borat said:
No.

Umm.. ever heard of sarcasm/exaggeration/paradox? Prosodic features are really hard to express on a forum...
Therefore, I apologise to any overt Harry Potter hater.

IMO:

Epitome of the overly hyped book = Twilight at present, but not as over hyped as Da Vinci Code was where unofficial guides and whatever were published to argue against Dan Brown.

And I didn't say I classified Harry Potter as good literature. I classify it as a good story and your immediate assumption since I like Harry Potter is 'she must be retarded' shows that you have some serious social literacy to deal with, as well as asserting your own 'blinkered view' and therefore demonstrating a serious flaw in your subjective argument.

Last edited:

u-borat

Banned
HSC
Eh? You write like you swallowed a thesaurus; i hope that's not how you speak in real life.

see...the point is; its not a subjective argument.
harry potter. is. bad. literature. fullstop.

Last edited by a moderator:

eliseliselise

HSC
i finished breaking dawn.. last night.. and now... the saga is over!!! :'( :'( :'( :'( *sobs* do pass me a tissue... the last line-- was genius!! will go down in literary history!! just like "all was well" -- but better!!

no more vampire romance fantasies encaptured in poorly written prose to keep me busy/occupied.. now i have to wait for the movies!!

i must say, though... her other book- the host... was le crappe.

kloudsurfer

HSC
Im considering reading the series, it sounds like something id like in terms of the fantasy element.

However, I really, really, really hate romance. With a passion. Especially romance with teenagers in it. If someone wanted to torture me, all they would have to do is force me to read a romance novel.

Hmm, maybe ill just be a cheapskate and borrow it from the library. Which means I probably wont get it for like a yr because its so popular and has like 100 reserves...

EDIT: after reading the Wikipedia article on the series and realising there is a 'song playlist' for each book, which includes music by linkin park and my chemical romance, I think ill give this one a miss.

Last edited:
HSC
thatsmystapler said:
I'm about two-thirds through Breaking Dawn.
Was anyone else suprised that they released it in paperback first? :S
yer i was suprissed i pre booked it expecting a hardcover like the rest i ahve but no its stupid paper bak and im bout 2 thirds through to lol

eliseliselise

HSC
Rebekkie said:
i thought breaking dawn was le crappe. not going to put in spoilers here but are you kidding me? literary genius, i think not.
assuage your pain here: http://www.myspace.com/burningdawnbyfans !! you are not alone!! i can see where you're coming from, but my inner teenage twihard doesnt want to accept the truth! entertainment weekly are publishing a very.. interesting article about it!!

__

yeah im surprised they didnt release hardcover first, they could have reaped much more money that way!!

HSC
Finally finished Breaking Dawn - was a bit of a struggle. lol@ that myspace page.
The only thing that made Breaking Dawn good was probley the "2nd book" - I didn't really see that coming, written from his perspective and all.

New Moon is my favourite hands down. Seriously balled my eyes out at those blank pages haha :shy:

agirlinatutu

Im just not ready...
HSC
Hated it the first time i sped read it. I liked it the second time round. Its not my favourite but its the way she wrote it,

KhyryKay

HSC
I thought Breaking Dawn was a lot better then I expected it to be.
I was waiting for it to ruin the series quite like J.K.Rowling did with the Harry Potter books.

It by far wasn't the best, but I enoyed it. Nessie is a great character, the only part I had a real problem with was the fact Bella became a "mature" vampire right of the bat.

I did my HSC Trials today, and for the Journey's part, we haven't done three text for the essay, so I did Twilight as my thrid. I thought it worked well. Now I hope the markers think the same =] .

I still stick with my past reply, Twilight is a lot better then the others though Breaking Dawn is a better second then the other two.

ASHK

germaphobe.
HSC
i bought breaking dawn (finally) yesterday.
oh
my
god
i, stupidly, read it instead of studying for my trials, which started today.
BIG MISTAKE.

dont read it before an exam. it will stick in your mind the whole time. :eek:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)