Typical Aussies Ruin Australia (1 Viewer)

leetom

there's too many of them!
HSC
Suga_baibe said:
asians are going to take over this society. So your g'day type aussies probably won't exist are u happy?
Oh, it has already begun...*salutes in Beijing's direction*

The plan is to gradually breed out the whites and replace them with monotonous marching hordes of Chinese.

I just can't bring myself to say ''g'day'' or ''mate''. It just doesn't feel right for me, as though I'm acting as something I'm not. I admire people who can and do use the terminology though.

I think the thread starter belongs with his detested illeterati somehow...

samuelblayden

Newcstle Knights 2006
HSC
cerebrum said:
Does anyone think that the typical aussies ruin AUST? Those that quote "G'day" and sit around with there pathetic getups. It just reveals Australians to be iliterate.
shut up you must be from America or some where because that is what Australia is all about

hfis

Dyslexic Fish
HSC
N/A
Does anyone think that the typical aussies ruin AUST? Those that quote "G'day" and sit around with there pathetic getups. It just reveals Australians to be iliterate.
Irony too much head explode arghhhh.

shady_03

Sue me....
HSC
Its just the culture... its like trying to go America and tryin to stop them thinking their the greatest nation on earth... not gonna happen

MoonlightSonata

Retired
HSC
N/A
Xayma said:
Asquithian: It is better then adopting Surfie talk like California in the 80's, "You're a really rad dude you know"
That's how I talk sometimes!

A fusion of upper-class Englishman sprinkled with cali beach bum oddities

which is rather appropriate, for the Northern Beaches...

I like how words have double uses across different contexts. For instance, I say "bloody" and "bloody hell" a lot, but I consider it to be an English bloody, rather than a 'strayan bloody. I also say "man" a lot, but often it is in the English sense -- as in "good grief man!" It requires a slight coating of English accent, otherwise it sounds like I'm a hippy, man.

Today's random insight.

leetom

there's too many of them!
HSC
Slide Rule said:
I hate that "yo bra waz up bra? gut any ciggies bra?" talk, though.
So do I. The racial degenerates brought that in.

MoonlightSonata

Retired
HSC
N/A
As much love as I have for humanity, language just really segregates people.

That kind of "what up bro" crap -- really, I can't relate to people who talk like that.

Even when my intentions are entirely benevolent and amiable, and I meet someone who talks "like a wog" to an exceptional degree, or in some terribly ethno-slang-like manner, so to speak, I just know there is no chance of me ever being friends with them. There is just a huge culture gap there, and whether language is the manifestation of that or the heart of it, I'm not sure. It's not some pretension, it's just an intuitive feeling of heartfelt truth.

Last edited:

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
MoonlightSonata said:
Language really segregates people.

That kind of "what up bro" crap -- really, I can't relate to people who talk like that.

Even when my intentions are benevolent and I meet someone who talks extremely "like a wog" or in some terribly slang-like way, so to speak, I just know there is no chance of me ever being friends with them. There is just a huge culture gap there whether the language is the manifestation of that or the heart of it, I'm not sure.
sorry bra, didnt know thasts how u felt.

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
I use mate and cheers in the australian way and man in the britsh one when feeling pythonish.

Rorix

HSC
MoonlightSonata said:
As much love as I have for humanity, language just really segregates people.

Even when my intentions are entirely benevolent and amiable, and I meet someone who talks "like a wog" to an exceptional degree, or in some terribly ethno-slang-like manner, so to speak, I just know there is no chance of me ever being friends with them. There is just a huge culture gap there, and whether language is the manifestation of that or the heart of it, I'm not sure. It's not some pretension, it's just an intuitive feeling of heartfelt truth.

damn moony bro

why you gotta hate on a nigga like that?

Generator

HSC
N/A
Slight tangent... That Anthony Callea (or however he spells it) ruined our national anthem back before the second State of Origin. For some strange reason the idiot decided that he would adopt a yankee tone for advance rather than the Australian adva[r]nce. A national insult, my fellow posters.

My everyday language appears to be generic (if that's possible) and conveyed with a monotone. I'm always the life of the party.

iamsickofyear12

HSC
cerebrum said:
How does a typical aussie ruin australia?

Answer: they don't

K

katie_tully

I don't understand talking like an ethnic if you're not ethnic. Actually, I don't understand talking like an ethnic even if you are an ethnic.
My cousin has fallen into the - 'I'm Italian so I'd better talk like I dropped out of school in year 6 and pushed woolies trolleys for 6 years' trap.

I guess I'm fairly snobbish too when it comes to the English language. I look down on people who can't pronounce the letter 'h'. I mainly look down on highly educated people, even if it is a result of their Catholic upbringing. And I'll forgive them if they're Irish. But if they stress the letter 'h' so it sounds like HACHE so they sound psuedo intellectual, then...I just twitch. A lot.

I can't stand bro. I can't stand cuz. I can't stand any of that. I see no need for it. I think I was watching New Jack City the other day, and whilst it was a good movie I felt I spent too long twitching over Chris Rock and his constant use of bro.

I don't mind mate, or g'day...I don't think much of 'cobber', or words like that, but then again I never grew up with strings to the early Australian battler psyche, so maybe I've missed out :(

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
The only two word australianisms i engage in are 'no worries' and 'she'll be right', the later decidedly less so.

MoonlightSonata

Retired
HSC
N/A
I know why do people say "hache"? I always correct people when that happens

I did it to a teacher once... but those maths teachers don't know their grammar (watch English teachers though, they can't add up properly)

It's "eightch" dammit!

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
'hache' is so much easier to say but :p I'm more wondering why you are getting them to say the alphabet as opposed to the words.

MoonlightSonata

Retired
HSC
N/A
Xayma said:
'hache' is so much easier to say but :p I'm more wondering why you are getting them to say the alphabet as opposed to the words.
:eek:

EEEIIIIIGGTTTCHHHHHHHHHH

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)