UAC media release??? (1 Viewer)

laila2010

HSC
Hey guys,
I'm just wondering what it means by UAC media releases.
Someone told me that it means on Thursday all people who qualified for uni will be printed in the paper with the university and course they have gained entry to.
Is this the case, because it just doesn't seem right.:fish:

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Yes, on Thursday, all offers will be printed in the Telegraph (not sure about the Herald).

laila2010

HSC
Oh YAY! So we will have our name printed in the paper like how we did on the distinguished achiever's list?

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
They print it in the Herald as well for the people who want to know.

Andi0390

HSC
Yes, your last name, as well as your first initial, is printed in the paper along with the course that you gained entry into.

This has actually been going on quite a long time. Originally, before the internet, the newspaper was "the" way to find out if you got in. My mother has told me her story about getting up really early and rushing to find the newspaper, and jumping around screaming when she got in.

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
Its your last name, initial and course code (UAC course code) and then they have a list of the course codes at the front of the paper, so yes, people can see what uni and course it is

rx34

HSC
Can we choose not to have our offer published like VTAC? Also, does it show our postcode?

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
You could have opted to not have your name etc released, just as you can opt to not have your name in the Distinguished Achievers Lists but the deadline to do that I am sure has past. I think it was a box you had to tick/cross on the UAC application but I am not sure - it used to be.

Back in the 70s they not only put in your uni place but your full SC and HSC results along with the uni results from some unis. My mother kept all the papers for my brother and myself with our results from SC, HSC and uni.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)