UAI 100 2/3/4 English, 2/3/4U Maths, 2U Eco, 2U Chem, 2U Phys (1 Viewer)

metricprefixes

HSC
HSC Eng Prep Class-UAI 100 2/3/4 English, 2/3/4U Maths, 2U Eco, 2U Chem, 2U Phys

Hey!
I just finished my HSC in 2006, and want to share some of the information and notes i got from school and past tutors. However, it would be greatly appreciated if you guys live in strathfield or somewhere near there

My subjects:
Advanced English (Mark-97)
Extension1 English (Mark-49)
3U Maths (Mark-97)
4U Maths (Mark-98)
Eco (Mark-96)
Chem (Mark-94)
I am happy to help with all subjects so feel free to email me any questions. (eg teaching style etc) Thanks!

*************************************************************Hey everyone,
With the experience of 80 students (including previous one-off classes held) and reading over 200 different student essays (albeit good or bad), I am now holding another lot of pre-trial classes during the upcoming holidays. Because private schools have already started their holidays, I will be organising classes from the coming week up until the 20th of July. As I am not taking any more regular students for the 08 HSC, this is a good chance to receive quality knowledge and expertise for the AOS. Most of my 07 students have increased their English marks, scoring in the top band, with a lot of 95s and 96s.

The current classes will be for Journeys- one on Coleridge, and one on Skrzynecki, along with 3 of your core texts.

Journeys
Emma/Clueless
King Lear
Frontline

Journeys
Brave New World/ Bladerunner
King Lear
Frontline

Journeys
Emma/clueless
Speeches
Anthony and Cleopatra

Journeys
Hamlet
Frontline

This is the suggested timetable for journeys, which will be similar to the layout of the other 3 prescribed texts. All this content will be covered in a 6hr class, with a maximum of 4 people per class. You will be able to bring your past assessments; and with previous classes, i have collected these, marked and given thorough feedback, and mailed them back.

Journeys:
Section1:
- techniques and strategies with relation to Journeys (apart from the over-used and conventional similes and alliteration) with direct reference to Section1 Papers
- providing a skeleton to answer the mini-essay 6 marker Q
- providing typed out answers to the Ruse 06 paper, giving reasons why it got 15/15
- Going through 3 Papers text by text, and what markers are looking out for in each text

Section2:
- essential elements of writing a creative
- what teachers are looking for
- how to get full marks with 600 words
- what not to do
- Different types of questions asked (incl text types) and how to answer these
- How you would mould your generic answer to specifically answer the Q

Section3:
- Structure of an essay
- 4 poems of your core text
- Going through potential additional material for your particular core text
- Different types of questions asked (incl text types) and how to answer these
- How you would mould your generic answer to specifically answer the Q
- Model essays which received full marks in trials and why

This also includes a free mock trial + marking (on top of the 6 hours) and after-lesson marking of your journeys essay, creative or comprehension responses.

These classes wil be held in Strathfield. To book for these limited places, please send an email to deep_aqua1@hotmail.com along with your combination of core texts so i can start allocating dates.

Last edited:

M.S.

HSC
What are you doing right now? (I meant uni wise, not the fact that you're sitting in front of a computer reading my post :D)

metricprefixes

HSC
Right now, I'm doing medicine at UNSW (besides from sitting in front of my computer typing this)

azziebess123456

HSC
I've sent you an email :) Just wondering urgently what texts you did for advanced english

metricprefixes

HSC
Thanks azziebess123456 , and LottoX, my names May, which college are you in?
have a great easter everyone!

Lindaz

HSC
Hi May!!

Fancy bumping into you on BOS =) When I saw your ad, I was 85% sure it was you, from your super good uai and area of residence

To all the students out there --> THIS IS THE BEST TUTOR YOU WILL EVER FIND. Priceless gem, if only she tutored me through my hsc!

See you in class!! =)

xoxo Linda

ace

is retired
HSC
Black Hawker said:
Hi,

What mark did you get for Phyiscs?
Nothing to do with this thread, but noticed your career objectives.

Suggestion: Engineering and Commerce (best of both worlds)

azziebess123456

HSC
Just wanna say how great a tutor she is! Makes English much less painful and stressful.

maung

HSC
I have known May since we've started the med course - ill tell all u guys, that she would probably be one of the best english tutor around.

Henry

Black Hawker

HSC
ace said:
Nothing to do with this thread, but noticed your career objectives.

Suggestion: Engineering and Commerce (best of both worlds)
Yeah, I already have my goals for a Engineering/Commerce double degree at UNSW.

So, metricprefixes do you do Physics?

metricprefixes

HSC
Henry and Linda: you guys are hilarious! <3

and physics isnt my strongest subject, i got 92, however, I am more than happy to give out the notes I used to study for my HSC and notes from tutoring colleges.

jeffwa1

HSC
hi metricprefixes i'm a year 12 economics student seeking for a tutor. Will you be available? i live in the city but is willing to travel. And how much you charge for an hour? You can email me to jeffwa1@hotmail.com or call me on my mobile 0413717830

Looking forward to your reply

metricprefixes

HSC
Hey everyone
Due to suggestions from current students that I am tutoring, I will be organising some Trial HSC Prep Classes for English. This is intended to provide students out there who want some thorough English help in terms of essays and answering questions before their exams. These will be conducted in the coming school holidays. As I have been in the very same position you are in now, I understand the time constraints that you are facing. That is why I have tried to devise a course which minimises time, yet maximises quality and knowledge.

I will be providing a concise booklet, specific to your text (the ones mentioned below), which includes;
- strategies to go about the module
- superb notes and tips to help formulate your own essay
- different types of questions asked (incl text types) and how to answer these;
- how you mould your generic answer to specifically answer the Q
- model essays which received full marks in trials and why
- what markers are looking for in esasys
- marking and editing of your essay (free! outside hours via email, even the night before your exam)

English Advanced:

Journeys
-Physical Journeys

-Imaginative Journeys
For the Journeys, there will be two sessions, with the 1st one covering Section 1(Comprehension) and Section 2(Creative), and the 2nd one covering Section3 (Essay).

Module A:
- Transformations; Emma and Clueless
- Transformations; Hamlet and R&G
- In the wild; Bladerunner/BNW

Module B: Critical Study of Texts
- Speeches
- King Lear

Module C: Representation and Text
- Powerplay- Anthony and Cleopatra
- Telling the Truth- Frontline

Extension1 English

Texts and their ways of thinking:
- Individual against Society
- Retreat from the Global

I will be putting specific dates up, next to each text. Please register interest via this thread, or my email
deep_aqua1@hotmail.com, regarding which texts you want help in, and which days you prefer.

Happy studying! and goodluck in your upcoming assessments =)

Last edited:

sushiii

HSC
Black Hawker said:
Hi,

What mark did you get for Phyiscs?
hey sorri this has nothing to do with ur question
but

omg ur lyk the first person that i knw of that wants to do architecture and dentistry
jus lyk me

lol its soo amazing coz most ppl think that those feilds are 2 completly differnet soo its lyk weird to find some1 in the same position

but yerr i also wana do engineering too

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)