Uai 98+ (1 Viewer)

clue444

HSC
lyounamu just trod on you ~

though just check the scaling thing, VA is quite low and you gotta realise you have to go good or it will 'scale' you down. Its low scaling cause alot of dumb shits do it for a bludge ~ i believe so anyways.
+1 absolutely, it doesn't matter if you're doing a low scaling subject, you just have to do really well to overcome the scaling and get good marks

shady145

Banned
HSC
Yeah, it is. It is the very first UAC table.

@lordpC:go to www.uac.edu.au and go to undergraduate and do a search on "scaling report". Then get the very first table of the 2008 scaling report.

The highest UAI received by English (Standard) student in 2008 was 99.60 this year.
and namu will be the first to get a 100 uai equivalent with std english ;)

lol im a bit late to this post...owell.

~Islanzadí~

HSC
So basically from reading this post, does this mean that any 95 ATAR/UAI+ is achieved by:• High ranking in your chosen subject in school (regardless of whether it is considered a low or high scaling subject.)• High marks i.e. early nineties at least in actual HSC marks. (Once again regardless of whether it is a low or high scaling subject.)• The marks between your ranking and your other classmates’ ranking in your school.• Your school’s ranking in the state??- I’m sorry but I’m a bit confused by the last point...what does your school’s overall rank in the state matter? I scared because I come from a school where we’ve achieved 96 - 98+ UAIs before, but our school ranking in the state is above 600...(I think last time I checked).- Is the above mentioned all that is required the criteria for any 95 ATAR/UAI+ or have I missed something?

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
High ranking in your chosen subject in school (regardless of whether it is considered a low or high scaling subject.)•
Um..it has to be reasonably scaled subject. For horribly-scaled subjects like Senior Science or Industrial Technology and etc, even good ranks are hard to make up for low scaling.

High marks i.e. early nineties at least in actual HSC marks. (Once again regardless of whether it is a low or high scaling subject.)
*point to above point*

The marks between your ranking and your other classmates’ ranking in your school
This is important. Try to narrow the gap to the top people if ur not top.

Your school’s ranking in the state??- I’m sorry but I’m a bit confused by the last point...what does your school’s overall rank in the state matter? I scared because I come from a school where we’ve achieved 96 - 98+ UAIs before, but our school ranking in the state is above 600...(I think last time I checked).- Is the above mentioned all that is required the criteria for any 95 ATAR/UAI+ or have I missed something?
It's not the school rank that's important. What's important is the academic calibre of people at ur school. If they are good, they will push u up, if they are bad, they can potentially pull u down depending on ur ranks.

anom1ly

HSC
and namu will be the first to get a 100 uai equivalent with std english ;)

lol im a bit late to this post...owell.
shady brah. u dropped a few ranks in business and english, whats going on

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)