Uai 98+ (1 Viewer)

omgd.

HSC
N/A
did anyone get a uai of 98+ without having 4u maths/english and both physics and chem ?

So in other words did anyone get it without any of the high considered scaling subjects ?

Im really stressd that my subjects will scale me down, mainly because most of my friends who did their hsc this year with my subs got uais in 80s when all their marks were in 90's and yeah im really freaking out

and if you did & got 98+ what subs did you do ? and what kind of raw marks + ranks did you have to maintain ?

thank uu . =)

Petey9

HSC
N/A
My cousin got a 97.35UAI in 2003 WITHOUT doing high scaling subjects, she did 2unit Maths, Physics,Visual Arts (VERY BAD SCALING), advanced english and other "unknown" subjects,

Correct me if im worng, but any combination of subjects is capable of a 100UAI,its just some, you need to do better than others,

Good luck on your upcoming HSC, i wish you the very best :music:

dp624

HSC
I'm sure it's very very possible...
You'd need mid-band6s

omgd.

HSC
N/A
Yeah i always thought it was possible too & i always told people it was possible, but after seeing the results this year i was just left speechless and well, really scared =S

quite a few of my friends topped their schools got band sixes in their internal marks and a few externals but then when uai came out it was all 85-88

and so now im like really freaked out, and yeah...

ziki

HSC
My cousin got a 97.35UAI in 2003 WITHOUT doing high scaling subjects, she did 2unit Maths, Physics,Visual Arts (VERY BAD SCALING), advanced english and other "unknown" subjects,

Correct me if im worng, but any combination of subjects is capable of a 100UAI,its just some, you need to do better than others,

Good luck on your upcoming HSC, i wish you the very best :music:
advanced english if im right.. is a good scaling subject and so is physics, and 100UAI is possible if you get 100% in every test and the HSC... but i think that if you get an 90+ in 4u maths and 90+ in advanced english your UAI should be atleast 95+? correct me if im wrong please.. im still in year 10 so im hearing a bit frmo here and there

sirfeathers

HSC
but i think that if you get an 90+ in 4u maths and 90+ in advanced english your UAI should be atleast 95+? correct me if im wrong please.. im still in year 10 so im hearing a bit frmo here and there
well of course it depends how you go in your other subjects are of course, but i'd say if you're getting 90+ in both Eng adv and MX2 then 95+ is very achievable.

you can see on the UAC website that a UAI of 95 corresponds to a scaled aggregate total of about 403-404, which means that you need an average scaled mark of 40.3-40.3 for each of your units in order to get a UAI of 95.

http://www.uac.edu.au/pubs/pdf/2008_table_A8.pdf

In 2008, getting 90 in Eng adv got you a scaled mark of 41.8 per unit, and 90 in MX2 got scaled mark around 45-46. Ie. both more than the average required to get a UAI 95. So as long as you don't bomb out in your other subjects, I'd say UAI of 95 or higher is very very possible with those kinds of marks.

http://www.uac.edu.au/pubs/pdf/2008_table_A3.pdf

In fact, one of my friends this year got 90+ in neither MX2 or Eng Adv (he got two other Band 6s) and his UAI was well over 95, so yeah.

solomarc20

*Yawn
HSC
N/A
My sister got 99.15 with General Maths, Advanced Eng, Geography, Modern History and Economics. Her HSC marks were between 93 and 97 though. So yeh, it is possible, just harder...

nicko1990

p-plater
HSC
DONT do 3u english for the scaling. do 4 u maths. of course it's possible to get 98+ without 4u maths, but it really, really helps. something like double scaling or something, which i only heard about after HSC.

hpdanemma

HSC
I'm also stressing.
I haven't really cared about scaling untill now because I've only just decided that I definitely want to go to university, and now I'm regretting a few of the subjects I picked. A few are really crappy scaling and I'm worried that even if I get +90 in them [which I do] my UAI will get scaled down to like 70. My subjects are english advanced, drama, legal studies, society and culture and cafs:)jedi: evil low scaling cafs)

jennieTalia

HSC
I'm also stressing.
I haven't really cared about scaling untill now because I've only just decided that I definitely want to go to university, and now I'm regretting a few of the subjects I picked. A few are really crappy scaling and I'm worried that even if I get +90 in them [which I do] my UAI will get scaled down to like 70. My subjects are english advanced, drama, legal studies, society and culture and cafs:)jedi: evil low scaling cafs)
Don't stress :)
My subject choices- Drama, Modern history, Ancient history, eng adv, eng ext1, religion 1U... and I still managed to get a 96.2

Everything is achievable. It is NOT about the subject, it is about working your strengths, and working hard.
Good Luck :)
xo

anonomis

HSC
look at the subjects in my sig! basically half of them are "shit" scaled subjects and i still got 99.25
although i did top the state in std english which might have helped haha
but u can still do fantastically without 4u math or high scaled subjects if ur ranking in top 5 or so of ur subjects at school and getting pretty decent marks.

good luck :)

mim91

HSC
Ultimately i think it just matters how much work you put in....

but i've been told that not doing any maths is bad for your UAI... is this true?
i'm currently doing
general maths
3unit eng
modern hist
hist ext
legal
3 unit music
and want to drop general maths... is this a good idea?
am generally topping modern, legal, and top 3 in everythign else except maths
thanks

ccc123

HSC
did anyone get a uai of 98+ without having 4u maths/english and both physics and chem ?

So in other words did anyone get it without any of the high considered scaling subjects ?

Im really stressd that my subjects will scale me down, mainly because most of my friends who did their hsc this year with my subs got uais in 80s when all their marks were in 90's and yeah im really freaking out

and if you did & got 98+ what subs did you do ? and what kind of raw marks + ranks did you have to maintain ?

thank uu . =)
Yes.

danz90

HSC
Well, yeah.. I didn't do 4u Maths or Physics or any extension english. MX1 was the only extension I did.

nicko1990

p-plater
HSC
i think OP should know though, that it HELPS to do high scaling subjects, unless you're confident of gunning the so called lower-scaling subjects

Rhanoct

zzzzz
HSC
friend got something like:

adv eng: something like 92?
ext eng: 44? 45?
modern: 93
ancient: 95
ext history: 90
french.. beginners i think: 97

duxed our school internally, but he's shit :D

98.15 i think he got.

Smeegen999

HSC
i did no extention subjects or sciences and got 98.05.

btw, my subjects were adv english (91), 2U maths (94), business studies (91), economics (95) and 2U religion (93).

only high scaling subject is economics (and maths??) , others were pretty average scaling, except for business studies which scales pretty poorly.

edit: in terms of internal ranks, i came 1st in two subjects, in the other three I was in the top 5. (my school usually ranks in the top 150-200)

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)