Uai 99+? (1 Viewer)

stainmepink

HSC
sam04u said:
not really... how about you help him? not now but just before the hsc?

because if he say for instance gets like what... 60% in the 4u hsc course..

but only avergaes 10-15% then it would seem that your school sets hard assesments and infact your school assesment (50% of the hsc) will rise significantly.

Edit;
Besides when the schools are comparing results they use these 2 things
Mean;
and Std Dev;

so that they can rank the schools marks compared to their hsc marks and scale their school assessments accordingly.
(you cant really lose marks... probably 1-2 or.. at MOST... with whats known... who knows they could change it this year.... to keep us guessing).

hey that really sucks balls. If that guy is dragging ur 4u hsc marks down, be a good mate and help him out. Make him do those past papers before the HSC exam, for the best interests of him and for you.

stainmepink

HSC
suchet_i said:
i also had a similar question .. i want to get 99.4 and i am coming in the top 10 for each subject shown in my signature (trying to come in top 5) and i go to killara high (best public school but not too good compared to private and selective). any advices or comments?

well done mate! It sounds good so far. im sure you could get above 99.

lala2

Banned
HSC
Yep, keep working and you could get there, both the threadstarter and the 99.4 Killara guy. But I heard the best way of getting a UAI above 99 is to average out on 93 overall for all your subjects (dunno if that's true, but it's just like saying that a 96-97 average will get you a UAI of 100). One girl in my school got 90+ for 10 units, if I'm not mistaken, but 'only' got a UAI of 97.95, while another got 90+ for just 7 units, but got a UAI of 98.65 (because the 7 units she got 90+ in were 4U Maths and Jap Cont/Ext, which does miracles for your UAI).

stainmepink

HSC
ok i got back 3 of my exams for the 2nd assessment, tell me if uai 99 is possible. i dunno my ranks.

4u maths: 80%
3u maths: 80%
music 2: 50/60

nahian

HSC
wtf kind of question is that?
'does prelim count towards uai'

Dragie

HSC
I know assessments count for 50% of overall mark BUT I've been doing fairly average in all assessments (75-80ish). If I get fairly high in HSC exam (say high 80's low 90's), how badly will it affect UAI and overall HSC mark? I'm a little scared I've stuffed it up for myself...

ishq

brown?
HSC
Stick a XL Pink 99 on your ceiling and cover your walls with 4u maths proofs and formulae. It works.

suchet_i

derka derka
HSC
Dragie said:
I know assessments count for 50% of overall mark BUT I've been doing fairly average in all assessments (75-80ish). If I get fairly high in HSC exam (say high 80's low 90's), how badly will it affect UAI and overall HSC mark? I'm a little scared I've stuffed it up for myself...
what ever mark you get at school doesnt really matter. it is the rank you get in your school that matters. on top of that your the average mark your school gets also matters majorly. so if you think your school is basically good then a average rank in your school is not bad.
with your 70-80ish mark if you are getting a desired rank then dont be scared. but if your rank is very low then u have still got some catching up to do. and dont worry you still got next term exams and trials left to catch up.
and once again this all depends on what type of mark you are aiming for in your hsc.

EATAPIE

BMW>>>>Mercedes (see sig)
HSC
gobaby said:
ok, i want to get a uai above 99, or around high 98s. i'm still wondering if this is achievable, since i'm getting an overall 80ish percent in my school assessments. i havne't gotten ranks for anything yet, but i'd say im about average rank for everything. i go to sghs if that helps. do you think i can still get there?

thanks in advance
so many bloody n00bl3ts ask the same damn question. far out. just get over yourself. if you want me to tell you, then here goes. YOU'RE GONNA FAIL TEH HSC!!1!!eleven!!!1

richz

i reckon hey, the uai u get is the uai u deserve but in my case, i didnt deserve it hahahahahahahahaahahah i pwn3d u.

ScottyG

Victory is mine.
HSC
EATAPIE said:
so many bloody n00bl3ts ask the same damn question. far out. just get over yourself. if you want me to tell you, then here goes. YOU'RE GONNA FAIL TEH HSC!!1!!eleven!!!1
The guy asks a perfectly legit question in the correct part of the forum using proper forum etiquette with a thanks thrown in for good measure, and you come to flame him?

I hope the Board recognises you for the twat you are and sends you back into the primary school system, with people who match your mental capabilities. Hey you might even learn something I hear those kids are pretty smart.

Idiot.

sam04u

Comrades, Comrades!
HSC
HaHa... It's funny how the idiots think they're laughing at the intelligent people... they don't see that they're the joke....

If you try your best and you're already in year 12... theres no way you can further "optimise" your mark. Just do your best and your mark will be "the best you can achieve" and therefore suitable... don't lose motivation... don't let uncontrolled circumstances pull you down... "control them"...

Not much else i can say...
Good Luck!

timobr0

Ευθήμιος
HSC
ScottyG said:
The guy asks a perfectly legit question in the correct part of the forum using proper forum etiquette with a thanks thrown in for good measure, and you come to flame him?

I hope the Board recognises you for the twat you are and sends you back into the primary school system, with people who match your mental capabilities. Hey you might even learn something I hear those kids are pretty smart.

Idiot.
gobaby is a female :p

richz

ScottyG said:

Idiot.
u dropkick. no one knows wat uai u will get, u only know ur uai when u receive it in mid december. the uai depends on how much work u do not how smart u are. If u want to get a 99+ uai get of bos and start studying now.

lala2

Banned
HSC
^Agree with xrtzx. All the people I know who got UAIs of 99+ got 90+ in 10 or more units, except for one girl with 8 units. Note however, that getting 90+ in 10 units does not guarantee you a UAI of 99+. The lowest All-Rounder I know got a UAI of 'only' 97.95.

ishq

brown?
HSC
I got 99+ with 90+ in less than 10 units. :)

lala2

Banned
HSC
And yes, ishq's case does happen too, but they'd have to get 90+ in pretty close to 10 units. btw, congrats ishq.

Ennaybur

HSC
N/A
everyone talks about 'good schools'.. i live our rural, and my skl's full of drop kick rednecks .. we dont normally do well, except last year we got in top 200.(i dont think we will this year). and i know this has been asked b4 somwhere, but if i do well independantly, will my skl really affect my grade

btw, most of my classes are small: only one in mathX, 2 in eng X and EX2, 4 in chem etc.. so it means im currently ranked first in all my subjects

oh yeh bringin me bak, if im 1st , will school bring me down?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)