UAI Concessional? (1 Viewer)

korver

HSC
Hey there!
I'm not really sure what branch of HSC / UAI this would fall under, and I apologise if this is the wrong area and an admin needs to move it!

However!
I attend a CEO school in Sydney. The story goes...(Forgive me for the confusing tale, it's not easy to type it to anyone, let alone someone who doesn't know teachers / teacher history)

Modern History, The teacher we first had in Term 1 of Year 12 '08[4 of 2007] left at the end of the year, along with my business studies teacher and maths teacher. In Term 2 of Year 12 '08 [1 of 2008] I had new teachers for Maths, Business and Modern History(My new Modern History teacher is also my Drama and some students English teacher).

Just today we learned that our Modern History(Drama, English) teacher is "taking personal leave"(We believe suspended as she would never drop 3 HSC classes amongst other happenings); which adversely effected my Drama and English class, and that we would have a substitute teacher until the end of the term for Modern, an 'experienced' drama teacher fill in for Drama, and another English teacher take the english class, at which point another History teacher will be found and used to fill in for Term 4 of Year 12 '08 [3 of 2008].

Now i realise that was a bit all over the place, and it was a lot harder to explain without names than i expected, heh. Anyhow, we (Modern History class specifically) were wondering how this would pass as a 'satisfactory learning environment'? Perhaps fall under misadventure with the constant change of teachers and teaching style.

To sum up!
  • Personally, i've had 10(7 if you say my Modern/Drama/Eng teacher is one) different teachers for 4 subjects.
  • Some people are subject to having a change in teacher in 3 different subjects by this one 'personal leave' or suspension.
  • Most are affected in 2 subjects.
  • 3 teachers in 2.5 (Soon to be 4/4) terms for Modern history, 2 teachers in total for Drama and 2 teachers in total for English
  • We're just curious if this applies under Misadventure UAI form of some sort?
I've contacted the BOS and they directed me to CEO, who i'm waiting to hear back from. But until then i thought i'd try my luck with those more knowledgable here at Bored of Studies :)

Thanks for your time!

Last edited:

korver

HSC
Haha, fair statement. And I agree with you on the whole, it's a shit situation but it's not the worst by a long shot. But if there's anyway for someone to better their future prospects, i don't see why not :)

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Yes. You would definitely be elligble for EAS considering your situations. Good luck and I am deeply sorry about your situations.

michael1990

HSC
I don't see how it is a misadventure.

I mean i feel very bad for you.
But does that mean my Economic, Business and Mathematics class would be able to apply?

As we have had 2 Economic Teachers and are up to our 3rd. (Business teacher was our Economics teacher). Mathematics our Head Teacher had left which left us with a not so competent teacher.

I feel deeply sorry for you, but i thought BOS does not give out misadventure forms for this sort of thing. If so we would be eligible.

korver

HSC
Well, thats one of the things i'm trying to find out. I'm not really sure what it would fall under, if anything at all.
Kinda sucks that this happens to Year 12 students, all through high school i had no changing teachers >.<

jovelar

HSC
yeah it sucks, although it does happen all over the place. it happened to me also.. but good luck with finding what your looking for..

michael1990

HSC
korver said:
Well, thats one of the things i'm trying to find out. I'm not really sure what it would fall under, if anything at all.
Kinda sucks that this happens to Year 12 students, all through high school i had no changing teachers >.<
I do feel for you though.

But yeah, i just heard that BOS doesn't give a lot of concessions out unless under extreme circumstances?

But what is classed as a extreme circumstance?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)