UAI freak out (1 Viewer)

caramel1

HSC
Hi,
Just want to be absolutely clear.... just say i'm coming 15th in one of my subjects, my overall mark for that subject will be the 15th person's HSC exam mark or a combination of their overall mark including their assessment and HSC mark?

..... if my ranks are shocking and my assessment mark is about 55%, is it even possibly to redeem myself in the actual HSC exam?? even if I get 90s in those exams, will I still get the mark of the 15th person???

Thanks in advance

mitch_f1

HSC
so, if i was in the top 3 in assessmentswith an average of low 90's.....but I get like low 80's in the HSC.....what would happen?

Catwalk

HSC
webby234 said:
If you are ranked 15th in your assessments, your internal assessment mark (worth 50%) will be approximately the 15th best exam mark. Your exam mark (also worth 50%) remains what you get in the exam. Your overall mark is the average of the two. So yes, it is possible to redeem yourself in the exam.

Try putting some possibilities into this
http://www.boredofstudies.org/moderate.php
ok that program is really weird. i so dont get how to use it.

i have a question. i've been doing really badly in 2u maths (av. 70s) and my rank is around 60/100. however i go to a really good school and we're ranked really high in the state for maths. let's say i do extremely well in the hsc for maths (in the high 90s). will i still be able to get a band 6 in maths or is it a lost cause?

B35tY

HSC
Well if you get say 96 (high 90s) and the 60th person is your cohort gets 85 (just guessing here)

then your mark would be

96/2 +85/2 = 90.5

So yeah you can still get band six. Of course, if everyone in your year picks it up and the 60th person gets 90 or so, it'll be much easier for you.

That's why from the trials onwards all yr12s at your school need to work together.

RNN-A-MUK

HSC
B35tY said:
Well if you get say 96 (high 90s) and the 60th person is your cohort gets 85 (just guessing here)

then your mark would be

96/2 +85/2 = 90.5

So yeah you can still get band six. Of course, if everyone in your year picks it up and the 60th person gets 90 or so, it'll be much easier for you.

That's why from the trials onwards all yr12s at your school need to work together.
wattttt is dat right^???

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
RNN-A-MUK said:
wattttt is dat right^???
Yeah, you're no longer competing against each other. Hence, make sure that your year works hard now, to reduce the prospect of a average assessment mark if you don't have a high rank.

Assessment marks are just used to determine ranks.

1qaz2wsxokm

HSC
neeed help!! can ya tel me approx wot uai range im aimin at wid ma ranks:

eco - 2nd
Business - 2nd
English (adv)- 30
math 2unit- 3rd
math 3unit - 30
chem- 10 th
assumin dis are ma ranks afta trialz

What uai approx would i get!? ma skool came top 100 last yr n around 50th da year b4?! can ya plz gimme a range dat i can get!?!?!? tanxx!! sheeya!!

1qaz2wsxokm

HSC
yea! very funni losa! buh i aint aimin for wot u want! so how abt u go bak 2 where u came from you fooool!

1qaz2wsxokm

HSC

eco - 2nd - 85%
Business - 2nd - 85%
English (adv)- 30 - 70%
math 2unit- 3rd - 95%
math 3unit - 30 - 70%
chem- 10 th- 70%

our teachers r pwetti hard markers 4 eco bus n chem! buh yeaa!

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
omfg ... has anyone told you how annoying your typing is? goddamnn .. you're gonna get flamed sooner or later.

chronical176

Suicidal companion
HSC
1qaz2wsxokm said:

eco - 2nd - 85%
Business - 2nd - 85%
English (adv)- 30 - 70%
math 2unit- 3rd - 95%
math 3unit - 30 - 70%
chem- 10 th- 70%

our teachers r pwetti hard markers 4 eco bus n chem! buh yeaa!
try SAM, should give u an approx, but if it turned out low, dont be too disappointed, because ur actual hsc marks r usually higher than those raw marks
so dont get too stressed

Rekkusu

Currently: Away
HSC
But yup just out of caution for you, don't start believing that the SAM is 100% accurate, or even 90% accurate.

I tried mine last year, using 2004's SAM app, and like my real UAI was like almost 13 points off from that one...gave me a surprise really.
The Universties admissions centre are pretty smart with their calculations...

~Sw33ti3~

hate uni.... but why :S
HSC
sam... neva put ur school marks in...
srsly, i did dat... got a uai approximate ot 68.75... i think i nearly fainted..
coz u never put in ur school marks, especially ur in selective or ur school marks hard!
coz your marks get bumped up a lot before they get submitted (i saw last yr someone get 20 marks extra for some subjects b4 it was submitted... but then again... it changes....)

my school is saying between 90 - 95...

so just do ur best.... then when the results come out, u will be happi =D
aim for the stars to reach the moon! ^^
best of luck!

charismo

HSC
haha oh god tell me about it!
i go to a selective school and its particularly cutting when i type in my raw marks into SAM... my school marks craazy hard with some of their subjects..i've like come first with raw marks of 88% in chem and 90% in PE.. this confuses me when i use SAM because i end up having no idea what mark to type in

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Rekkusu said:
But yup just out of caution for you, don't start believing that the SAM is 100% accurate, or even 90% accurate.

I tried mine last year, using 2004's SAM app, and like my real UAI was like almost 13 points off from that one...gave me a surprise really.
The Universties admissions centre are pretty smart with their calculations...
I think last years was either a) dumber b) marked harder or something along those lines, because the performance seemed to be overall quite a bit worse than previous years as evidenced by the lower UAI cutoffs, falling almost 5-10 points in some cases.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)