UAI Question (1 Viewer)

simcon111

HSC
I am a bit confused. Does the marks from school assessments count towards our UAI or is it only the main HSC test that determines our UAI

Thanks.

savio23q

Band
HSC
Your assements (plus your external exam marks) are use to calculate your final HSC mark which then helps determine your UAI.

Make sense?

Assessment marks = HSC marks = UAI

simcon111

HSC
savio23q said:
Your assements (plus your external exam marks) are use to calculate your final HSC mark which then helps determine your UAI.

Make sense?

Thanks for the quick response

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
savio23q said:

Make sense?

I thought your assessments help determine your rank which is then used with your externals to calculate your HSC mark and then your UAI.

savio23q

Band
HSC
Yeah they determine the rank, but I think the actual mark is pretty important too. Either way, assessments are very important in calculating your UAI. Afterall, the do make up 50% of your HSC.

Sarah182

Herpes Member
HSC
So say everyone does well in a subject, everyone gets between 80-95 or something, if you get a low ranking does it mean your mark will be affected by your ranking even though you did well in terms of marks.

I'm not sure if that made sense :/

HSC
Sarah182 said:
So say everyone does well in a subject, everyone gets between 80-95 or something, if you get a low ranking does it mean your mark will be affected by your ranking even though you did well in terms of marks.

I'm not sure if that made sense :/
The gap between people's marks is taken into account as well.

Paj20

HSC
Your rank will determine what HSC assesment mark you will be awarded.

If you are ranked 5th, and the 5th best mark in the external is 85 then your assessment mark will be 85, and say your external mark was 90, then the two combined and then divided will be your final mark, which will equal 87.5 or 88 in that subject.

Sarah182

Herpes Member
HSC
Paj20 said:
Your rank will determine what HSC assesment mark you will be awarded.

If you are ranked 5th, and the 5th best mark in the external is 85 then your assessment mark will be 85, and say your external mark was 90, then the two combined and then divided will be your final mark, which will equal 87.5 or 88 in that subject.
Ohhh I understand. That makes sense, thanks for that!

shakky15

HSC
if the 5th best mark is 85 and your internal rank was 5th, doesnt necessarily mean you get 85 as the assessment mark, its more about how the cohort in general does, and marks are distributed to students according to the gap between the ranks.

ie - if 85 was 5th and 87 was best in the externals,

but the person in 5th had a raw assessment mark of say 74 while 1st had 83, then it would be unfair if the moderated mark was just 2 different. they dont always maintain the same number of marks difference, but the relative gap is maintained.

hope that makes sense, and please dont be lazy, there are dozens of threads almost exaclty like this...have a look around before posting :)

honsaw

HSC
N/A
Nooo i thought 35% of your assessment mark goes towards your uai..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)