Uai? (1 Viewer)

LiveForever28

HSC
Hey guys do you think i can get a good uai with Ad English, bio, 2 unit religion, pe and retail operations? Thoughts?

aLexTasyy

HSC
shouldn't you be doing retail services? isn't it a certII subject at your school? or are your teachers as backward as mine and still call it retail op.
off topic, but yeahh i think you could get a good UAI if you try hard enough and put in the hours

ekoolish

Impossible?
HSC
Well they aren't necessarily the 'elite' subjects in terms of difficulty and scaling but if you do well in them then scaling won't affect you too badly. Most of your subjects are content based so you will need to study a fair bit to go well :bomb:

LiveForever28

HSC
yeh scalings wat im most worried about especially with pe but thats probably my best subject so im hoping it doesnt effect me to bad

aLexTasyy

HSC
np, then you get the tards who like to criticise you coz you do a VET course, hmm...i do two, thats probably why i took my subjects out of my sig :( to many people think you're a DUMBASS when you do VET courses...prejudicial people, if you really want an excellent UAI and you try hard enough you can do what our dux did and get 99.15 :)

Guesss

HSC
Well from what people have told me and from my own research i've found that Adv. English scales betta than stnd. by about 0.4 in the uai. Umm bio scales OKAY, chem and physics scale betta. 2 unit religion i'v heard scales realli well n at my skool onli selected students can do it! :) pdhpe im not sure about but Retails a vet course, ay? well if it is, its one of those subjects that if u go bad at u'll get scaled down badly (cause it's considered and easier subject) but if u go well and get like noe. 1 then u cn't get scaled down! :)

Good Luck

BTW come to think of it do u think i can get a good uai by doing 2u Maths, Adv. english, legal, economics, drama, BSA, 1u SOR?

LiveForever28

HSC
private:bomb:thanx for all the replies guys i and yeh i agree retail may be a vet course but it can be just as much work (if not more) than any of the others

x3.eddayyeeee

HSC
Are you at a public or private school? scaling wise they give more points to public schools coz their "under funded"...
i dont think the type of school a student goes to gets taken into account.
scalling is dependant on the students subject chort in their school and state.

LiveForever28

HSC
probably shouldve pointed this out before soz but yeh im not goin for like a genius uai i really want at least 80. over 85 id be stoked:music: i just didnt know if u had to be doing physics chemistry ad maths etc to get a decent score

ekoolish

Impossible?
HSC
probably shouldve pointed this out before soz but yeh im not goin for like a genius uai i really want at least 80. over 85 id be stoked:music: i just didnt know if u had to be doing physics chemistry ad maths etc to get a decent score
Nah, not really. Although if you're looking at a uai of 95-100 then it does help having those subjects - assuming you're going well with them.

muzhgan

HSC
:mad:OMG hey ppls
im really stressed out here.!! NEED A UAI of 85 and ova.... year 12 NOW
and ma subjects are CAFS, RETAIL OPERATIONS, BIOLOGY, ENGLISH (STANDARD)..LEGAL STUDIES AND PDH/PE

doing good in all other then BIOLOGY

stressedd!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad:

Sarah182

Herpes Member
HSC
Hey guys do you think i can get a good uai with Ad English, bio, 2 unit religion, pe and retail operations? Thoughts?
You can do well with any combination of subjects. It just means implying different study techniques for different subjects. For example in Bio or PD there is a large amount of content, so following the syllabus and knowing your facts will mean that you can do very well. On the other hand in something like Maths doing questions and past papers is usually the best go.

Just start hard and study smart, and you'll do fine :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)