UBS Cadetship 2019? (1 Viewer)

KingTings

HSC
Hey guys!

Any 2019 HSC students applied for the cadetship at UBS?
Just got a link to take the online competency exam, I don't know what to expect.

If there's any current cadets or previous applicants, is there any advice on how to prepare for the exam and interviews?

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
I think most employers still use a form of SHL test of which there's plenty of both free and paid resources available out there to help you 'practice' what is in there. They say they can't be studied for but like all things, a bit of practice still helps remove some of the unfamiliarity during the real thing.

HSC
Bump to this thread ---

Has anyone been successful in gaining the cadetship?
I passed the online test and the PCA interview but now I have the interview with the UBS board soon.

What questions will they be asking? And is there any advice I can receive, If anything I'd want to be working in the Global Technology Division.

Thanks!
Sincerely - a student

kiaski

HSC
Bump to this thread ---

Has anyone been successful in gaining the cadetship?
I passed the online test and the PCA interview but now I have the interview with the UBS board soon.

What questions will they be asking? And is there any advice I can receive, If anything I'd want to be working in the Global Technology Division.

Thanks!
Sincerely - a student
Hey, I just wanted to ask how it went?

HSC
Hey, I just wanted to ask how it went?
Hey, it went alright but there were cuts this year in the tech division and I didn't make it :( managed to get another tech coop but regardless was a good experience.

For any others that are in my spot this year, I'll jot down a few things younger me would have loved to read in the hopes of helping someone in my position out

The first assesment after your application being accepted is an online test, nothing much you can do to prep other than get use to the format with the practice questions.

The next stage is an interview with the representatives from the cadetship association, no one from UBS, but here u gotta make your mark bc this is where they cut from like 200 to 40, be yourself be a good conversationalist and try stand out with a unique achievement.

After this is the interview with UBS, depending on what division you want to be in, equities tech etc, there's two interviews, one is technical based which is more about your skillset and what you can do, and ones a behavioral which is how you are as a person and how you can think on your feet. The behaviour one is imo the more important one, the one I stuffed up too but they ask questions like what's the stupidest thing you've done professionally, when have you gotten a team screwed over by leading them etc, really test you to your limits. Then if you pass this there's a second smaller interview which is just technicalities and then you accept your offer, afaik from friends who accepted.

One thing is though that you have to accept your offer way before atar, during trials period for me, which means if you still want a uni social life and want to try for coops instead you don't rly have much of a choice, but regardless both are great opportunities.

gl for anyone applying!

spotty73

HSC
Hey guys, what is the online competency test like for 2021 applicants of the UBS cadetship?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)