UBS investment banking competition (1 Viewer)

Studentleader

HSC
N/A
Being in W.A. I'm gonna miss out on heaps of things aren't I :(

Informing the curious (and me),

http://www.finsoc.unsw.edu.au/events.htm
The UBS Challenge provides students with the opportunity to complete a case study developed by UBS and construct a 15 minute presentation addressing the relevant issues, as well as answering 5-10 minutes of questions typical to those posed to junior analysts in investment banking. The winning team at each campus will receive interviews with UBS for either graduate or internship positions in investment banking, and will proceed to the national final to represent UNSW and compete against the winners from other campuses around Australia. The final will be held at UBS' offices in Sydney, and in addition to presenting, finalists will get to 'spend a day' with a UBS analyst.

The following cash prizes will be awarded to the national winners:
  • 1st Place-$5,000
  • 2nd Place-$2,500
  • 3rd Place-$1,500
  • 4th Place-$1,000
There will also be a prize for the best first year entrant at each campus.
To sign up, form a team of between 2-5 students and register at www.ubs.com/challenge . Applications close Friday 21 April and the heat rounds will be held at UNSW from Monday 1 May to Friday 5 May. For further questions, email unsw@ibchallenge.com Good luck!
Oh and If you read this Newbie, know any 'good' out of uni things I can do to get towards my IB CV? -e.g. start a sport or something

I have read a few guides on interviews but nothing really comes to mind

Last edited:

geetarjoe

HSC
N/A
Studentleader said:
Being in W.A. I'm gonna miss out on heaps of things aren't I :(

Informing the curious (and me),

http://www.finsoc.unsw.edu.au/events.htm

Oh and If you read this Newbie, know any 'good' out of uni things I can do to get towards my IB CV? -e.g. start a sport or something

I have read a few guides on interviews but nothing really comes to mind
They ran the UBS IB Competition at UWA last year. Have they pulled it?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)