UMAT 2015 Discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

leesh95

HSC
Smile i put social obligation had no fucking idea. Her sister was comforting her I think
I put social obligation too. But honestly it didn't seem right ughhh!!.

Sec 3 will bring my marks down heaps. I had no idea what was going on with most of those patterns.

leesh95

HSC
This time, I went into the UMAT with a Yolo attitude.
I'm expecting 28-66 %tile (on par with my previous attempts).
(As this is my 5th attempt, my drive died a little.)

I recognised no one from my medical science cohort, except for a friend.
Seems like everyone else made it into med, dent, or gave up.

Though, I'm hopeful about USyd dentistry (just sat my interview last week).
Fingers crossed!
How did you find it in comparison to previous year's UMAT exams?

Is everyone correct in saying sec 3 was a lot harder than usual?

Good luck for USYD dent:)

enigma_1

~~~~ Miss Cricket ~~~~
HSC
For people who did like medentry pick the middles, this year's s3 would have hurt. For people who are probably naturally better at seeing patterns might have found it easier I guess? Or maybe s3 just clicked for some people, in that case, lucky

bangladesh

HSC
Our prayers go out to the ones who got analed by s3 this year. It seems to have been fucking difficult by the sound of it. Would love to have looked at a few questions hahah

Also, if its hard, its hard for everyone so don't stress

GL

iStudent

HSC
For people who did like medentry pick the middles, this year's s3 would have hurt. For people who are probably naturally better at seeing patterns might have found it easier I guess? Or maybe s3 just clicked for some people, in that case, lucky
I'm very curious to see what type of questions there are since pick the middles were like my fav lol.
Also, I think nevertheless doing medentry would still help - the point of doing them is to develop the ability to see patterns and coming up with a way to solve questions on the spot (and not to memorise existing patterns and applying them to similar questions)

bangladesh

HSC
Sydney test centre (homebush) last year was much noisier/packed than Melbourne test centre (Caulfield Racecourse)
S1 pretty normal, few tricky ones which I ran out of time on. This year seemed a little more time consuming.
S2 easier than last year I reckon, virtually no hard vocab and more straightforward questions in general.
S3 WTF? Last year I guessed probably close to 10 questions (still managed 67 for S3), this year more than 15 guessed. That was hella hard.
Of course, virtually zero prep this year compared to more extensive prep last year.
Redid UMAT on the remote chance I fail the year. (OSCEs sigh)

EDIT: also, to all those stressing out about S3, remember that everyone's scores are relative, you can probably get 20 wrong and still get a 60+ for this section.

LOL wtf.. Why wouldn't you just repeat if you failed?

Dennis1348

HSC
N/A
I'm very curious to see what type of questions there are since pick the middles were like my fav lol.
Also, I think nevertheless doing medentry would still help - the point of doing them is to develop the ability to see patterns and coming up with a way to solve questions on the spot (and not to memorise existing patterns and applying them to similar questions)
Lol everyone would of struggled with S3 man even you.

enigma_1

~~~~ Miss Cricket ~~~~
HSC
Our prayers go out to the ones who got analed by s3 this year. It seems to have been fucking difficult by the sound of it. Would love to have looked at a few questions hahah

Also, if its hard, its hard for everyone so don't stress

GL
this is comforting, thank you

For pick the middle, so many of them were like 4 figures in each corner of a square and it's not even like all of the same figures existed in each square, there was like 4 figures in option A, then like 3 of them were different in option B etc. I feel like the questions were doable but they just would have taken soo long so people tended to skip because it would cost them valuable time in s1 and 2. It was just impossible to map out the pick the middle questions.

Then there were like find the missing segment questions which were so painful to read. They had like a middle shape and then arrows pointing outwards (like five arrows, one in each direction), kinda like pointing out to each corner of a pentagon and each arrow was pointing to a shape with random shapes inside it. Man that was depressing. Did anyone happen to understand how to do these questions? pls enlighten me. I will fkn worship you.

Last edited:

iMMORTAL153

HSC
Uni Grad
wat r u srs

med anywhere is like gold
Indeed, the dream.

Rather repeat with a non-bonded place at another uni than a bonded place at Monash.
I thought medical students transferring to other med schools is insanely hard to do. Why did you resit UMAT then, don't most unis have a current medical student/past medical student stream.

NujabesMan

HSC
N/A
How many S3 did you guess/actually do? I think I only got 10 correct this year

Ffwam

HSC
this is comforting, thank you

For pick the middle, so many of them were like 4 figures in each corner of a square and it's not even like all of the same figures existed in each square, there was like 4 figures in option A, then like 3 of them were different in option B etc. I feel like the questions were doable but they just would have taken soo long so people tended to skip because it would cost them valuable time in s1 and 2. It was just impossible to map out the pick the middle questions.

Then there were like find the missing segment questions which were so painful to read. They had like a middle shape and then arrows pointing outwards (like five arrows, one in each direction), kinda like pointing out to each corner of a pentagon and each arrow was pointing to a shape with random shapes inside it. Man that was depressing. Did anyone happen to understand how to do these questions? pls enlighten me. I will fkn worship you.
Yea i think there were a couple of shapes the arrows went through and they would indicate transformations you had to do to the centre image (rotate, flip, inverse colors, etc) to get the image at the end of the arrow. Then do whatever transformations foe the arrow pointing to the missing image.

enigma_1

~~~~ Miss Cricket ~~~~
HSC
Indeed, the dream.

I thought medical students transferring to other med schools is insanely hard to do. Why did you resit UMAT then, don't most unis have a current medical student/past medical student stream.
love the sig bro

How many S3 did you guess/actually do? I think I only got 10 correct this year
tbh probably like 20 in total. Then again, if you take into account that some of your guesses will be right then that's free marks right there.

^ as long as you coloured shit in. Some dude in front of me literally only coloured like half his answers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)