UMAT 2015 Discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

iMMORTAL153

HSC
Uni Grad
Non-standard (first year)
62/56/66 92%tile

Assuming I get 7 GPA, what is my chance of getting interview offer from UNSW, JMP and UWS?
Interview from JMP - Yes
UWS - Possible maybe, cutting it very close, might not
UNSW - Not sure, depends on your ATAR. If you have a high ATAR then you will. (UNSW will take 50% GPA and 50% ATAR if you complete your first year of your degree).

Last edited:

Kiraken

RISK EVERYTHING
HSC
N/A
57 48 57 overall 162 69% percentile.
Is there any way I could get into UWS med at all, if I get a 95 atar? I'm greater western Sydney, but I'm really devastated about my results atm.
I'm sorry to say that at 69th percentile it is very unlikely

however just as a general note to everyone here who might be feeling disappointed with your results, it's ok. A lot of people don't make it on their first go but are successful on subsequent attempts, either in their first year of uni, second year or even post-grad. If you're passionate about studying medicine, then there are so many avenues of entry beyond just directly from school. Keep your chin up and give it a go again next year! :)

Reactions: Oer

iMMORTAL153

HSC
Uni Grad
2013: 62th%ile (S2= 15th%ile)
2014: 86th%ile (S2= 20th%ile)
2015: 99th%ile (S2= 100th%ile)

fucking no idea how that S2 went up but ill take it.
Holy crap man, that's amazing! In 2014, your S1 and S3 scores must have been off the charts for you to get an overall of 86%ill with such a low S2 score. You give hope to people who might have screwed up this year. BTW how did you change your preparation between the years? Any tips?

go_cadel

HSC
80th percentile
Down from 98th last year
Looks like prep actually does help hahahaha

iStudent

HSC
80th percentile
Down from 98th last year
Dayum. Who cares though your results means nothing regardless :D (because you don't sit umat to transfer between med courses...)

helloimyellow

HSC
well fuck 86 percentile, s1: 63 | s2: 46 | s3: 66 | no hope for uq as an interstate applicant? (atar estimate 99.45)

Oer

Started from the fundus
HSC
however just as a general note to everyone here who might be feeling disappointed with your results, it's ok. A lot of people don't make it on their first go but are successful on subsequent attempts, either in their first year of uni, second year or even post-grad. If you're passionate about studying medicine, then there are so many avenues of entry beyond just directly from school. Keep your chin up and give it a go again next year! :)
Agreed, so many people don't make it on their first go, but there are so many options to try again.

Congrats to everyone on your efforts, I think we all know how gruelling UMAT can be.

Also a lot of you have done amazing, I hope y'all do well if you get interviews! :D

trumanblack

HSC
N/A
Assuming UWS's calculation method is S1+S2+(0.5xS3) what mark (out of the 150) would be the cut off approximately? Mixed feelings since I'm happy with my overall UMAT, but it was dragged up mainly by S3 (to make up for S2)...So if they exclude that.....

knightus10

HSC
is 60 percentile with an atar of 98 even enough for optom in UNSW? I'm seriously so worried right now.

Schmeag

HSC
N/A
For all those who scored well, well done! For those who hoped for better, just keep at it like Kiraken says.

80th percentile
Down from 98th last year
Looks like you'll have to settle with Monash... how does it feel? :p

JEDL

HSC
Saw my results...I got a very terrible score...ugh.

Last edited:

noteven

HSC
I did terribly... :(
But the thing is, I honestly thought I did good. I had done heaps of practice and when I went to sit the exam, I felt comfortable and familiar with the questions. I was expecting my lowest to be 80 but today I think I got the biggest shock of my life.
I'm tempted to ask for a recheck but then again, maybe I actually did do THAT badly.
Has anyone done a recheck before and benefited from it?

moonbear129

HSC
i am actually so scared to check my results more so than the day of the actual exam :( but i have to check at some point.. omg this is killing me

JEDL

HSC
is 60 percentile with an atar of 98 even enough for optom in UNSW? I'm seriously so worried right now.
I doubt that with the percentile you have, at least you managed to reach the 60s. I suggest taking a gap year and take the UMAT again

ShodaimeSenju

HSC
First time sitting UMAT, so was really apprehensive, but I got 69/56/60 93%ile Yay!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)