Umat question type (1 Viewer)

SunnyScience

HSC
Can someone please give me pointers on how to handle these types of Questions? I really get so lost. When I read the solutions, they always seem to provide a huge, complicated table in which to derive the solution from - how on Earth am I meant to do this mentally under time restraints?

Screen Shot 2012-07-23 at 10.39.51 PM.png

Thank you!

SanjoyM

HSC
Just break it down and remember to use a TABLE - that is why the names are A,B,C,D respectively.

So make a table with ranking/positions and then assume a person topped the course etc...
Then, determine if it logically corresponds to the clues provided

Remember76 seconds per question - so if you cannot ascertain the answer, guess and move on
That is what I'm prob going to do!!
REMEMBER, NO-ONE finishes the UMAT

SunnyScience

HSC
Just break it down and remember to use a TABLE - that is why the names are A,B,C,D respectively.

So make a table with ranking/positions and then assume a person topped the course etc...
Then, determine if it logically corresponds to the clues provided

Remember76 seconds per question - so if you cannot ascertain the answer, guess and move on
That is what I'm prob going to do!!
REMEMBER, NO-ONE finishes the UMAT
Thanks for the tip - I'll probably see you on Wednesday then ;).

deswa1

HSC
I'm not doing the UMAT but I love these sorts of questions so I might be able to help- how long should it take to do all three parts? I did them all in about 3-4 mins- is that fast enough?

SanjoyM

HSC
Thanks for the tip - I'll probably see you on Wednesday then ;).
What time is your Exam? Mine's at 1:30 (OMG!! Can't wait to get it done and over with tbh)
Also, if you want, I can send you a section 1 UMAT guide, which explains tricks and inputs as to how to approach these type/s of question/s.

SunnyScience

HSC
What time is your Exam? Mine's at 1:30 (OMG!! Can't wait to get it done and over with tbh)
Also, if you want, I can send you a section 1 UMAT guide, which explains tricks and inputs as to how to approach these type/s of question/s.

For the love of God - that would be greatly appreciated! I'll pm you :)

Also, I'm at 1:30 too :p

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
Free stuff, get your free stuff if you PM your favourite robot.

Alkanes

HSC
Just relax. I really hate section 1 so for these types of questions I just eliminate the options. I can't think comprehend info fast enough so I read again and again which consumes shitloads of time. But really, I don't care anymore. Just want to sit the test and move on. And really, I hate how solutions provide very complicated methods as well. For some questions that require simple maths like probability or arrangements, their solutions are so hard to understand like they use different scenarios and cases to derive the solution, which I think is stupid, but fair in a way since everyone doesn't do maths. But anyways goodluck to everyone on wednesday. Lets hope for the best :)

louielouiee

louielouielouielouielouie
HSC
N/A
Uni Grad
I just did this question for practice! Good question, but it took me 5 mins :mad2:

22B
23B
24D
I hope they're right.

iBibah

HSC
Want over 50+ free UMAT papers?

PM me.

Alkanes

HSC
Little too late to do 50 papers in 24 hours. ;P

iBibah

HSC
This kind of offer now - really? But, YES - what's the catch?
There is no catch, you PM me then you receive a link with many UMAT papers.
A friend of mine used to give these same ones out on here before I joined.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)