Umat Results! (1 Viewer)

narrowpin

HSC
can someone post umat cut offs(approximates) for interviews...and when abouts the interviews occur. thanks heaps

JB27990

HSC
Narrowpin,
I'm wondering the same thing. Namely about the UMAT cut-offs for interviews to UNCLE (rural/remote).
Its annoying that there is no information anywhere about cut-offs, you'd think they could at least make public what last-year's cut-offs were.
Well, if its any help at all to you, I got an interview thru rural to UNSW with 168 UMAT. Dunno if that will help at all.

AznAssassin

~*BANKAI*~ Member
HSC
HAHA all these smart asses here! I feel isolated. But nice work :) people!

S1: 48 (not surprised)
S2: 49 (surprised)
S3: 69 (not surprised)

OVERALL: 76 Percentile

Prep Course: AMEPP+mate's ICARUS account (lol)

Predicted O.P: 3 (UAI:96)

Got offer: UNSW Medicine. (although i live in BrisVegas)

HEY DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT THE UMAT CUT OFF FOR GRIFFITH DENTISTRY IS?

hoping

HSC
S1: 52
S2: 59
S3: 65

OVERALL: 87%ile

Prep Course: MEDENTRY. pretty much only used for section 1 practice. & i stayed the same in it!! grrr...

Predicted OP: 2-5 (UAI: 90-98)

Interview Offer From: Griffith Med.
haiii no fair >< how come he got a UNSW offer & i didn't?!
(my prediction was an OP2 or 3 for that)
unless you went to BSHS where the principal put down OP1 predictions for everyone!!

UMAT cut off for dentistry @ Griffith would be preety low. you only needed to be 80%ile+ & get higher than raw score of 50 in each section for a med interview.
i'm guessing dentistry would be less.

anyone know if i have a chance for monash bonded?? i know monash csp is pretty much impossible haha.

AznAssassin

~*BANKAI*~ Member
HSC
hoping said:
S1: 52
S2: 59
S3: 65

OVERALL: 87%ile

Prep Course: MEDENTRY. pretty much only used for section 1 practice. & i stayed the same in it!! grrr...

Predicted OP: 2-5 (UAI: 90-98)

Interview Offer From: Griffith Med.
haiii no fair >< how come he got a UNSW offer & i didn't?!
(my prediction was an OP2 or 3 for that)
unless you went to BSHS where the principal put down OP1 predictions for everyone!!

UMAT cut off for dentistry @ Griffith would be preety low. you only needed to be 80%ile+ & get higher than raw score of 50 in each section for a med interview.
i'm guessing dentistry would be less.

anyone know if i have a chance for monash bonded?? i know monash csp is pretty much impossible haha.
Well, yea i go to BSHS (da best - at least we dont send dumb ppl home 'sick' for the QCS).

R u like some chick from somerville or BGGS? Coz i heard there were like crazy ppl at Somerville who got like 100 percentiles.

The highest UMAT score at BSHS was 98 percentile.

rascy

HSC
S1:52
S2: 61
S3: 74
av 62, total 187
OVERALL: 95 percentile

Prep Course: none, just the one practise test from acer. i find it hard to believe people pay so much to prepare for aptitude tests. kind of defeats the purpose doesn't it? a lot of my friends did medentry though, and i looked at some of the stuff they were given, and i thought it was fairly pathetic.

to whoever said earlier in the thread that the umat should be abolished and actual knowledge/whatever tested... um, that's what the hsc is for sunshine.

to cccclaire - sounds to me like you're fishing for compliments. oh, poor you, with only a 99percentile umat and a 99.85 uai. :ninja:

and i'm a lil confused... whoever was saying that 90+ percentile was great, and then said minimum umat score would have to be 187....187 is top 5% already??

also, i got offer for unsw and monash ... i'm wondering if anyone knows about monash, cos they interview ~500 people based solely on umat, and i know someone who got in the top 10percentile umat and didn't get an interview - HOW MANY APPLICANTS DID THEY GET!?!?

anyway, my last point is that, when it comes down to it, we're all so young and haven't seen that much of the outside-school world... how can we really know what we want to do for the rest of our lives when we don't even know what tomorrow brings? but, shoot for the stars guys!

bradpitt

HSC
Wooz said:
Nope, UAC has the EAS system, QTAC has their own 'special consideration' scheme.

http://www.qtac.edu.au/Applying-CurrentYr12/SpecialConsideration.html
http://www.qtac.edu.au/InfoSheets/SpecialConsideration.html

UQ Special consideration: "(SCED) special entry scheme is available to students applying for entry to UQ through QTAC, if they have experienced a situation which has had a negative effect on their academic results."
http://www.uq.edu.au/study/index.html?id=4289

It is not automatic, it's like EAS in NSW, you have to provide documentation, evidence, references, etc.
Wooz does this bonus point system applies to Medicine at UQ though.Because they say you must get an OP 1. Please clarify mate.

lionking1191

HSC
bradpitt said:
Wooz does this bonus point system applies to Medicine at UQ though.Because they say you must get an OP 1. Please clarify mate.
and then there's the bonus points scheme. more competition :(

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
bradpitt said:
Which bonus points scheme 'special consideration' or subject bonus points?

You will have to contact the medfac at UQ about special consideration.

Subject bonus points for Maths Ext 2, Languages, Uni preparation courses apply to medicine.

bradpitt

HSC
Wooz how do i start a new thread.I can't see any where " new Topic " or so.thanks mate.

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
When you are in the main part of the forum (not this discussion thread, the Medicine and Medical/Health science main page, scroll down and you should see a "new thread" button near the bottom left hand corner.

ryanholmes12345

HSC
section I : 60
section II: 63
section III: 74

Overall score: 66
Percentile: 98
preicted uai: 95

went to Medentry and they were really good. strong reccommend it

did not get an interview for unsw but i did get one for monash

does anyone know when interviews for newcastle or UWS come out? or if they have already?

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
ryanholmes12345 said:

does anyone know when interviews for newcastle or UWS come out? or if they have already?
UWS comes out early November and UNCLE comes around mid November, I think.

lozy5

HSC
section one: 61
section 2: 72
section 3: 54

overall score: 63
percentile: 96

... i didnt do any prep other than the acer book, so not sure whether there worth the money

So far interview offers: UNSW, Griffith, Monash

Wooz said:
UWS comes out early November and UNCLE comes around mid November, I think.
Uni newcastle said if you dont get contacted by ennd of october to assume you haven't got an interview... but i dont know anyone whos been contacted yet.
.. fingers crossed

Last edited:

rodders1

HSC
ryanholmes12345 said:

those scores are really good? i don't get why you did not get an interview to unsw?
my umat was rather shitty and i got one.

i also heard that UNE offers come out before the end of november.

eddy11

HSC
end of november!!!??? Im so anxious to find out if i got one or not, i thought it'd be end of october

rascy

HSC
ryanholmes12345 said:
UWS interview offers were sent yesterday via email

revanchist

HSC
S1 - 68
S2 - 57
S3 - 52
Overall: 59/100
Very happy being close to the top 10%, I got freaked out when I read it thinking 89% of people beat me, but thankfully I got THAT wrong :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)