jaeyun

HSC
as if the avg uai for unsw med is 99.7-8

its more like 99.3

theres a huge difference in skill between a .8 and a .3

Raif

Banned
HSC
ergh so many people don't realize that getting into med is in a league of it's own. even combined law doesn't even come close to being as difficult a field to get into as medicine. for UNSW med the average ATAR is ~99.7-99.8, in addition to a high UMAT percentile and performance in an interview

med as a back up? lol. i think most people mean that they are doing the UMAT to keep their options open, but not as a backup by any means.
Strongly Agree. Med as back, your dreaming, the UMAT itself is in a league of its own, an extremely difficult exam, let alone the interview process which is not simply, "Why do you want to study med". And it is the most competitive course.

And to the guy that said average is 99.3, you're retarded it is 99.7-99.8.

i think its on their website, (Or used to be).

Pyramid

HSC
*noob alert*

What's UMAT for? My impression is that it's an extra requirement for MB/BS and Dentistry...what other courses? So if I don't sit it and later on decide I want to do Med/other UMAT courses, I'll have to wait a year?

Also, when is UMAT and when's the closing date to apply to sit it? I might sit it just in case...

Cheers, and sorry

Gedi-Master

HSC
I know its kind of out of the blue, but does anyone know any websites with some good umat practice questions?

Thanks!

x jiim

zimbardooo.
HSC
Uni Grad
my mother wants me to do umat.
is it worth it if I'm not interested in any of the courses?
cause it just seems like a load of hard and unnecessary work
and I can't really handle much more of that atm =\

goodluck to the people who are though :]

abckvv

HSC
doing umat.

don't really want to do med.

and no, not spending freaking hundreds of dollars on prep courses. not worth it.

and haven't started 'studying' for it. whatever that means.

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
If I apply for med in the long run, I will do so without the UMAT, so I'd be looking at the USyd Med program since there is a rural scheme with it. Still pondering on my options.

hvf26

Awesome Member
HSC
doing umat
med is the ONLY thing i wanna do haha :L

for the people who are going to sit the umat but have med as a back up or are just doing it for the hell of it, i dont really see a point in doing it unless you have the capability (im not doubting anyone, im jus sayin) to do very well with no prep courses or much effort in preparing. doing it for a back up requires you to prepare well enough to get considered for med, for most people this would require a certain amount of study/preperation, so why would you waste your time preparing for a back up when you should be concentrating on your real goals?

trolls, dont go crazy. im not discouraging anyone, cos imo if med wasnt a priority for me i wouldnt be fcked to do umat

hvf26

Awesome Member
HSC
I know its kind of out of the blue, but does anyone know any websites with some good umat practice questions?

Thanks!
go to the medical and health sciences section of the general subforum, there should be a few threads with links on free umat questions/prep

have fun =)

HSC
This will probably sound corny but, my maths teacher told me on the last day of term 1:

"Is it you who chooses to do medicine, or your parents"... I had no reply. :D.

Anyways, I've always been interested in dentistry, but I had no idea dentistry hopefuls had to sit the UMAT, so I'm reassessing my options. :\.

Probably will sit it though.

whoisthis

HSC
N/A
This will probably sound corny but, my maths teacher told me on the last day of term 1:

"Is it you who chooses to do medicine, or your parents"... I had no reply. :D.

Anyways, I've always been interested in dentistry, but I had no idea dentistry hopefuls had to sit the UMAT, so I'm reassessing my options. :\.

Probably will sit it though.
most dent schools don't need the umat

off-topic, i have no idea why so many people suddenly want to do dent :eek:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)