Umat (1 Viewer)

KFunk

Psychic refugee
HSC
It's done... any thoughts and feelings? I find it pretty hard to get a good feeling for how I went. It was certainly more difficult than the prep material I had come across.

FinalFantasy

HSC
lol i hate english! my eng. too crap and i couldn't read the things fast enuff, most of the passages takes me a second read to *get* it:(
so for section 1 i had to guess like 10+ of them lol

FinalFantasy

HSC
i got most of the section 3, but for the type 2 i just guessed it immediately as i came across it:)

jennylim

HSC
KFunk said:
It's done... any thoughts and feelings? I find it pretty hard to get a good feeling for how I went. It was certainly more difficult than the prep material I had come across.
ditto. it was heaps harder than the medentry stuff (especially the patterns!!). it was also pretty weird, because i usually finish s1 in half the time - so this time i spent a while thinking about each one and ran out of time!! awful. s2 was confusing, as always...and i started off s3 confidently cos i saw all the shapes on the first 2 pages within about 20 seconds...but the patterns were so awful and the last type 2 question were just shocking. i ended up guessing which was terrible.

well, goodbye medicine.

Mystienu

HSC
section one was tough.
i ran out of time and definitely didn't do well.

Section two was good but it's subjective so i can't say that i did well or bad.

Section Three i found all the type ones, one type 2 and skipped may be 2 or 3 series.

how did everyone else find it?
i guess it's only how well you go relative to everyone else that matters...

Last edited:

Zali

HSC
Section 1 was hard cos there was so much reading and sometimes i had to read it twice to answer the question but i finished
S2 was fine i think (hope)
S3 went better than I expected found all type 1 shapes but not type 2 and i didnt think the patterns were that bad there was only like 2 im not sure of

Zali

HSC
btw how many people were there doing the test in places like sydney and newcastle etc i did mine in Armidale and there were only 50 ppl i expected heaps more

Oink

HSC
N/A
I completed mine at Sydney today too. Although I got through all the passages in Section 1 I know that I have made many mistakes (and I do mean many...). I don't think I did particularly well in Section 2 either, though Section 3 was a breeze. I think I got all of them, both shapes and pattern. :)

petar13

Tanzkommandant
HSC
N/A
I'll just post what I thought.
Section 1
I was very pumped for this section, I finished it in about 45 minutes. I spent time checking my answers, however towards the end I began losing my concentration, and simple thoughts felt clumsy. Reasonably hopeful.
Section 2
Pretty happy, finished early - some were easy - whilst others where quite ambiguous.
Section 3
I found all the Type I and IIs (Type IIs were all flipped - no rotations!) - though there were some dodgy sequences.
Overall pretty good, glad I didn't stress about it - there were some real wrecks there. Good luck to everybody who sat it. 2 months now.

Spiral

HSC
I thought s2 was the easier section. S1 (there were two questions from the AMEPP course I did!!) and s3 I made quite a few guesses....

Man...... :S when do we get the results?

petar13

Tanzkommandant
HSC
N/A
You're looking at 2 months. I don't think they've released an official date.

stargaze

HSC
ahh well.. it's really hard to say how well u went.. I don't even know how what type of marks (raw) is good and what not...

It was interesting... I found it quite mentally draining, but the 2.5 hrs flew by

veridis

droog
HSC
i found it less draining/stressful than i expected.
section 1 was pretty easy. alot of reading and less graphs but that just slowed me down to about 45 instead of 30 rather than actualy make it harder
section 2 was like section 2 is want to be, ambiguous. think i went ok but that means nothing with section 2
section 3 was easier than i thought. patterns i was comfortable with so didnt mind them being a little harder(well except for the find the middle one with the lines/cross in the circle, bastard pattern). shapes i was nervous bout but they were pretty easy. loved the only reflected t2s.

HSC
N/A
i liked the snail and pentagon...the only ones that i am pretty sure of.

btw, what kind of marks will we get back? is it raw percentages or a scaling thing?

petar13

Tanzkommandant
HSC
N/A
You get a scaled score and a percentage.
Your scaled score is your actual score percentage, reduced/increased in correpondence to the difficulty of the exam. The percentage is your rank against the other people who did it.
So you come out with 68, 97 - that means your scaled score is 68, whilst you scored in the top 3%. Does this sound right to people?

KFunk

Psychic refugee
HSC
petar13 said:
Did anybody find the rotating snail in the pentagon a bit odd?
There was a fair bit of background noise going on in that question. I think it was pretty much down to the switching bars.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)