Umat (1 Viewer)

Mystienu

HSC
wow... it seems like nearly everyone found all the type two shapes....

tkdwhiz1188

HSC
S1

Waz thinking to myself: 'Yeeha! So freaking ezy...' when i first started. Then it became 'um...ok...i think i can do this...' and finally, i was rushing for dear life. Finished tho...but not too gd...

S2

I thought this section was very ambiguous. Like was Dallas trying to 'hurt' her mom or 'distance herself'? Russbish man!

S3

I found all the shapes...except one type 2...the wierd one. The 'find the middle' were harder than medentry man!!! N i didn't expect sooo many! But i managed somehow...it waz significantly harder than medentry on the whole.

Screw the umat...i think alot of us hav studied hard most of our lives in order to do med...n this umat is screwing things up for us...

petar13

Tanzkommandant
HSC
N/A
KFunk said:
There was a fair bit of background noise going on in that question. I think it was pretty much down to the switching bars.
But how do you know where to start - there were 5 bars - and 5 shapes - so none repeated. I think the snail was rotating by increments small enough, to know that a big gap denoted the start/end of the sequence.

EDIT:
Screw the umat...i think alot of us hav studied hard most of our lives in order to do med...n this umat is screwing things up for us...
Hear! Hear! Let's all just apply to JCU.

veridis

droog
HSC
snail was rotated by a bit less than 90 degrees. the whole snail thing as just to put you off. i drew lines beneath em and it became pretty obvious

kfunk - was that noise the roosters or was it something else? cause they started training pretty soon after the noise died down. and it gives me another reason to hate them =)

Last edited:

m111

Define "cynical"
HSC
Hurray for UMAT! All that stressing, all that travelling, all this time waiting... and its over.

*faints on to floor*

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't worry Dallas, Rick'll beat you, get you pregnant and leave you... for Charm!
Or Tod!
Or... your Mum!
... Or maybe even your grandmother...

HSC
N/A
does anyone noe roughly how many people were there, ie the morning session and the arvo one as well in sydney

HSC
N/A
estimation?

would it be more than 1000? i remembered that there were three floors, but just a few on the top and bottom floor tho and theres the arvo session as well....

Spiral

HSC
well I sat the one in Auckland, and there were 700

Zali

HSC
wow i cant even image that many ppl in 1 room. was it intimidating? makes 50 seem like nothing.
does ne1 know if its true that if ure rural you dont hav to get as high umat percentiles? thats what the med entry guy told us
i hope its true

petar13

Tanzkommandant
HSC
N/A
Hey, I was told that each year they had a sort of trial question, which is unmarked - just to see how people will go. Any bets on which one it was?

m111

Define "cynical"
HSC
Zali - no, that is not true. We already get our UAI lowered to cover the "rural" students. UMAT scores can't really be deemed to been affected dis/advantageously by living anywhere in particular - its an unseen test taken on the same day by students/examinees from all walks of life and all different places. No-one's seen it before so there's nothing to study... and no-one to teach it, so no-one's disadvantaged

c.330 examinees in Newcastle...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I didn't think much of it at the start, but as I sat there and looked around I thought, 'Hey, this Great Hall really is great!'" - J.D.

KFunk

Psychic refugee
HSC
petar13 said:
But how do you know where to start - there were 5 bars - and 5 shapes - so none repeated. I think the snail was rotating by increments small enough, to know that a big gap denoted the start/end of the sequence.
The snails were unimportant (I believe) and the 5 side 'where does it start?' thing was there to trick you. The shading on the side that moved went left, right, left, right, left, etc... So you had 3 of one (L or R) and 2 of the other --> pick the middle.

petar13

Tanzkommandant
HSC
N/A
KFunk said:
The snails were unimportant (I believe) and the 5 side 'where does it start?' thing was there to trick you. The shading on the side that moved went left, right, left, right, left, etc... So you had 3 of one (L or R) and 2 of the other --> pick the middle.
Ahh, I see - thank you.

Dane-ger

HSC
Found;
section 1: difficult but manageable. (answered the question raised in my economics class "Does the sea level rise when icebergs melt? Because doesn't ice take up more space?")
section 2: easiest section overall but answers were often hard to choose between two options
section 3: most challenging. Found all type 1 and no type 2. "Find the middle" were hard and over whole section had to guess about 5 after running out of time

Did it at newcastle Seat: 214

(I *think* Dallas was trying to distance herself from her mother, but that's just my opinion.)

Mystienu

HSC
are you talking about the pentagon or wat ever with an outside border which has grey or white shadings with black four legged "snails" inside?

KFunk

Psychic refugee
HSC
Mystienu said:
are you talking about the pentagon or wat ever with an outside border which has grey or white shadings with black four legged "snails" inside?
Well, unless you saw another question with a snail inside a pentagon that rotated with alternating shading, then I'd say that that's the one.

Mystienu

HSC
hahaha. sorry the umat test just flew by so fast... i felt kinda disorientated after wards.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)