• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

UNC Med (1 Viewer)

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
nah jess, inas and i are both sydneysiders. inas' interview is on formal day, so he might have trouble coming back on time... and mine's too fricken early in the morning, considering there are only 2 trains to newcastle from central in the morning, 6:18am or 8:18am... if i catch the latter service i'll be late...

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
ok..well say the interview is at 2...with say half an hour for the interview..thats 2.30...catch a taxi to hamilton...depending on what time the train leaves you should be back at around 5ish (5-5.30, something like that)

Last edited:

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
what times your interview? im presuming its around 9.30-10? well say its 10..you should be back at around 1.30-2..

but again, it all depends on what time the train leaves and stuff..

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
but i cant say for sure, like ive never caught the train from newcastle-sydney in my life..and ive never caught a taxi from callaghan-hamilton in my life..
lol, and here i am giving travel advice ;)

but seriously, driving from like callaghan to hamilton would take maybe like 10 minutes or so...so im guessing it would be the same in a taxi ;)

CHUDYMASTER

Master of Chudy 'n' Curry
HSC
Well looks like I'm a bit late, but yeah I got an invite...hopefully I'll do a better job over there than I did at UNSW.

*Reminds self never to ask smart-ass questions like "So what do you think of the new selection system?" again*

evilc

I am a fish
HSC
Callaghan to hamilton is about 5km...so you are looking at 15 minutes maximum taxi trip..in normal traffic conditions it should take less than 10 minutes..good luck to everyone with the interviews as well..

+:: $i[Q]u3 ::+

Jaded Member
HSC
sif interview'll take half an hour... =P
good luck dude... ~~~

did anyone else haf interviews @ unsw on the day when they had the crashes on victoria rd and EVREYTHING was running late?? i think i went into the interview 45 minutes late cuz things were runninb behind...

Skywalker

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by +:: $i[Q]u3 ::+
did anyone else haf interviews @ unsw on the day when they had the crashes on victoria rd and EVREYTHING was running late?? i think i went into the interview 45 minutes late cuz things were runninb behind...
Wouldn't you get penalised for that? I mean...don't think it'd look very professional =P

Last edited:

inasero

Reborn
HSC
did anyone else haf interviews @ unsw on the day when they had the crashes on victoria rd
awww bad luck moite~
anyhows for the record my interview date got moved back to 5th december fortunately...ms. bristow didnt even ask me if i had a legitimate cause :p

korry

HSC
N/A
i was wondering if someone could let me know the diff btwn studying med at unc and unsw....like which one is better? and why? oh and also...after u finish uni...which one is actually more recognised? coz i heard that ppl don't even give u a try if u don't graduate from either usyd or unsw......

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
Skywalker: They would probably take it into account if everyone was late, though who knows the mind of the med faculty eh?

Inasero: Lucky you, you'll make the formal after all. Good work. Of course, you should fix your signature to use VB code, since HTML was deactivated a few weeks ago. :p

Korry, In Australia the top 3 medical courses are UNC (undergrad), USyd (graduate), UNSW (undergrad). This is according to a few people I've asked, including doctors and careers advisers. There aren't any "studies" to my knowledge that demonstrate this (to answer an earlier question) but rather on the consensus of Australian doctors, as well as the rate of positions gained as interns and registrars as to graduates (more grads accepted = better course). However, all medical schools in Australia are of a high calibre (as they are so few and extremely competitive) and so I do not think hospitals will "not give you a try" on the basis of coming from, say, Adelaide. You may have an edge in application by graduating from a NSW university, but it doesn't make THAT much of a difference.

Except, of course, for international registration. Only Sydney and UNC degrees are (to my feeble knowledge) recognised outside Australia. For the other GO8 institutions you may need to take additional courses or examinations to gain recognition for your degree overseas. Ask the institutions for details.

inasero

Reborn
HSC
lexi: 'sall good...becos it will be reactivated after the HSC, well at least according to MiNAi

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
No, he's wrong on that one. Laz said no more HTML in sigs because people were using it for naughty things. Might as well change it to VB code now.

inasero

Reborn
HSC
ehhe is that so? i never encountered any naughty stuff....i swear there are so many forum nazis on this board :(

anyhows what is VB code and how do i use it?

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
Here's the tute

VB is like a substitute HTML for use within the forum. It has most of the basic HTML functions (links, text effects, images etc) but can't be used maliciously. VB uses square [ ] brackets, and is overall much simpler than HTML (good for noobs).

As for the naughty stuff, it was things like people changing the titlebar of pages to read "Hail [name] by Frigid" etc, little annoying things. Though harmless, these showed the potential vulnerability of the board to more sophisticated scripting. Thus the Admins disabled it.

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
i've managed to change my interview time from 11:30 to 2 in the arvo on the same day...

Thanks Ms Bristow! :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)