Uncontacted amazon tribe (1 Viewer)

MysteryGenius

HSC
[video=vimeo;19712297]http://vimeo.com/19712297[/video]

The tribes have been described as "uncontacted"—so remote that they may have had little or no substantive contact with the developed world.
I don't know about you, but i find the idea of there being so people out there who are unaware of the modern world completely fascinating. so i thought i'd share :) lol

Jaundice

Banned
HSC
N/A
There are plenty of those tribes in Asia, Africa and South America.

I think its pretty cool. If we ever flew a plane over them and they saw it would be really cool if they made the plane a god or something.

Azure

Premium Member
HSC
I find it amazing too. There was a similar story last year too (this is probably it)

Wouldn't be surprised if there's a few things they know which we don't.

cosmo kramer

Banned
HSC
Re: 回复: Re: Uncontacted amazon tribe

i wouldnt be surprised of that either

considering they are uncontacted then they are bound to know things about themselves that we don't

like their names etc

i would be very surprised if they knew things that were interesting that we dont though

Azure

Premium Member
HSC

considering they are uncontacted then they are bound to know things about themselves that we don't

like their names etc

i would be very surprised if they knew things that were interesting that we dont though
i agree completely

Jaundice

Banned
HSC
N/A

like their names etc

Oooo like medicinal properties of plants etc?
Or other uses for natural materials?

Omg i want to study them (from my magical invisible bubble that protects me from the outside world).

cosmo kramer

Banned
HSC

im sure they know a lot about (alleged) medicinal properties of plants

like bark from tree boiled in frog blood cures all diseases

of course the expected result here is that this knowledge is useless b/c their treatments would not work at all

Jaundice

Banned
HSC
N/A

eh you never know. Certain species of plants in amazonian areas might not be fully researched yet.

It would be interesting to study them but I wouldnt want to interact with them.

Chemical Ali

지금은 소녀시대
HSC
N/A

im sure they know a lot about (alleged) medicinal properties of plants

like bark from tree boiled in frog blood cures all diseases

of course the expected result here is that this knowledge is useless b/c their treatments would not work at all
that whole pain relief from willow tree bark, that'll never catch on

Jaundice

Banned
HSC
N/A

It would be nice to see how such societies really function and see if it sheds any light on how other societies might have functioned.

God. I'm imagining studying them now.

Jaundice

Banned
HSC
N/A

=( I like my archaeology okay.

It would be really cool to check out the wear and tear on their bones. Osteology oh baby.

meilz92

where are my hair
HSC
Uni Grad
I think its pretty cool. If we ever flew a plane over them and they saw it would be really cool if they made the plane a god or something.
haha yeah, they were staring up at the plane and pointing at it. I wonder what they thought of it?
I wonder what they would think if they learned about the real world. They'd probably be fascinated.
Also why would the common cold kill them?

Jaundice

Banned
HSC
N/A
A lot of common aliments for us arent common for them so they have no immunity to it.

It's kinda like when the American's gave the Iraqouis small pox on their blankets to wipe them out. The Iraqouis were never introduced to small pox prior to this so assuming that a lot of viruses etc. developed in europe etc and spread around because of close human contact with large groups of people etc and further evolved/survived to today - I think its safe to pressume that many of these things didnt develop in the lost tribe population.

meilz92

where are my hair
HSC
Uni Grad
But how come babies dont die from the first cold they ever catch?

Jaundice

Banned
HSC
N/A
Mothers milk provides some sort of immunity/resistance to things but we have modern medicine and we understand how to treat colds.

Eg. The biggest killer or one of the biggest killers in the ancient world was actually diarrhea. They basically died from dehydration. Just shows they didn't fully understand how to deal with it.

Probably the same issue with these tribes and the fact that they have no immunity/resistance passed on.

ibbi00

HSC
Mothers milk provides some sort of immunity/resistance to things but we have modern medicine and we understand how to treat colds.
No, modern medicine cannot treat colds. It merely helps to relieve symptoms.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)