• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Under what circumstances can I change classes? (2 Viewers)

Giant Lobster

HSC
Well they will say that other students in my class will want to follow me and change classes for the same reason and that the other classes cant handle an extra 7 ppl each or something.

edit: the unfairness part being that if the teachers disallows this, they would complain about teachers letting me but not them :(

^___^
HSC
write a letter to the principal and stuff

if they reject u for some shitty reason..

mail to BOS and tell them what happened and let them figure something out

Giant Lobster

HSC
i might go make a phone enquiry to BOS and ask them about this later; frankly i think they will be much more understanding than my tyrant teachers.

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
Yeah and the BOS can do some investigation on the school.

I think my SDD teacher was scared that they might do some random checkup on my room and find out that he merged 2 assessment tasks into one making it worth 45% which is way more than the trials as well because I guess my SDD procrastinated, putting off assessment tasks until august when the marks needed to be sent into the BOS in September

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
bubz - who was your english teacher who went to fort street? the new ones i can think of are.. um... cobban, thomas, drummond, ockendon... i can't think of the others offhand.

to the person with the problem - my mother is an english teacher, and i just went and asked her. she said your best bet is to get a parent to ring up the head teacher of the department and explain the situation to them, and explain to them how you feel it's placing increased stress on you and possibly jeoprodising your hsc marks. other than that, theres not much you can do.

~dEjA vOuX~

Home Brand
HSC
Originally posted by Giant Lobster
Damn thats a good idea, complaining about texts. but too bad my school does the same texts across all adv classes :(
I wonder if I can call or email BOS and ask them about this...
Frankly if im stuck with this teacher, I'm screwed.

Anyone else know whether I can / cannot change for my reason / no reason?
I had the worst english teacher last year who is only meant to teach yr 7'sbut some how we ended up with her for year 11. I didnt want to fail, and being new to the school, I didnt know who to approach to change my class. What I did was, I didnt listen in class at all, because it was pointless and confusing. I filed all the sheets she handed out, and learnt the texts myself, with the help of the sheets. As long as you are getting decent notes from the teacher, I think you'll be fine...I have a shit teacher this year as well, and that's what I'm relying on! :D

If your school does the same texts across all the classes, maybe you can photocopy other peoples class notes etc.

bubz :D

the last laugh
HSC
Originally posted by glycerine
bubz - who was your english teacher who went to fort street? the new ones i can think of are.. um... cobban, thomas, drummond, ockendon... i can't think of the others offhand.
yup, ms ockenden... she taught my sister last year

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
i love her, i have her for ext1, and she's a bit strange but she really knows her stuff. :) also she gives us a LOT of related material and stuff to help further our understanding. the only thing i don't like about her class is the fact that i'm doing po-mo :p

bubz :D

the last laugh
HSC
hehe i know what you mean... she's kinda weird, doesn't have much of a sense of humour, has favourites, but she IS a good teacher. even though most of my class didn't really like her much...

i think one year she taught the girl who topped adv english?

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
definitely. like, i don't think she's ever going to be a teacher i'm all buddy buddy with, but i'm definitely glad i got her.

cro_angel

<3<3<3
HSC
i think you might be allowed if ur whole class was doing badly as a result of her (as in no one is getting over 90% in assessments and things)
i have a couple of bad teachers but i try to take some intiative (like read through excel books, essays and things on the net, in maths teach myself from the textbook) because a couple of my friends complained about their software teacher.. but she was saying how he has to cater for the 'slower' people in the class and how he has a really high iq.. blah
they r relying on other study help

is a roflcopter
HSC
to be honest lobster buddy
i would advise against bringing it past the principal-level's attention

otherwise you will see how vindictive teachers become :D

santaslayer

HSC
write a letter from ur parents to the principal requesting u be transfereed to another class......u have the right to be educated properly esp in prelim and hsc

Giant Lobster

HSC
Originally posted by Newbie
to be honest lobster buddy
i would advise against bringing it past the principal-level's attention

otherwise you will see how vindictive teachers become :D
heh so ur saying im better off in the long run not offending the teachers...
hmmm so I can only go as far as writing a letter to the head teacher from my parents saying id like to change classes?

well if that doesnt work, ill be really sad. :(

~dEjA vOuX~

Home Brand
HSC
If you do 3u english, and have a different teacher for it, you can always ask them to help you with 2u english...that's what some guy did last year, and the 3u teacher was glad to help.

I know that in my school there is a teacher who stays behind after school on a monday to help those who want extra help in english...is there someone like this at your school?

cro_angel

<3<3<3
HSC
i know at my school they have a maths drop in centre once a week where like 2 maths teachers go to a classroom at lunch and anyone can go and ask for help.. maybe u can find out about doing something like that for english

Giant Lobster

HSC
Originally posted by ~dEjA vOuX~
If you do 3u english, and have a different teacher for it, you can always ask them to help you with 2u english...that's what some guy did last year, and the 3u teacher was glad to help.

I know that in my school there is a teacher who stays behind after school on a monday to help those who want extra help in english...is there someone like this at your school?
Yeah a similar idea occurred to me today. I do EE2, and my old teacher was the main EE2 teacher in my school. But with her gone, I could maybe argue that I require help in EE2 and the convenience of having the same teacher for Adv so that I can change to the other EE2 teacher's class. Hopefully theyll let me :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)