Undercover Cop number plates: (1 Viewer)

transcendent

HSC
N/A
=_= today. just after i got home i came on BOS and noticed this thread and posted on it so about 10:30 AM on St Johns Road just off the Cumberland Highway on the border of Cabramatta/Canley Heights with me heading west and it heading east.

HSC
N/A
iamsickofyear12 said:
Aren't undercover cops only meant to pull people over for speeding in extreme circumstances?

Anyone can get a hold of blue and red lights and then you have a sitatuon where people are pretending to be police, pulling people over and bashing and robbing them.
I know in the US (or part of) people are permitted to put on their emergency lights and drive to the next service station or "safe place" to stop. There's a similar deal here in Australia, but you have to call a number... I've forgotten it though :S

In a nutshell, you don't have to pull over immediately, and have the choice of pulling over where there's lots of light/people, but you have to indicate as such!

shortygb

BOSer #13412
HSC
transcendent said:
BeastHouse I saw a previous model blue Subaru WRX with a policemen in full uniform camping at the entrance of my street WITH POLICE vinyl.

Today I was driving up a road and I spotted a red Alfa Romeo GT and I was like cool until I got closer and the POLICE vinyl appeared. I sped up from ~63 to ~72 km/h to scope the car :( but the car didn't do a U-y and pull me over *sigh of relief.
ooo! i saw that too on elizabeth dr, i saw it around 10 30 too....maybe they got 2?

Last edited:

transcendent

HSC
N/A
bloody oath might have been the same one. Elizabeth Drive ain't that far away from St Johns Road, about ~10 minutes.

grimmy_89

HSC
.occasionally, manufacturers loan cars to the police for promotional reasons. this has happened in nsw with the 'smart' cars, and others. so it possible that alfa romeo have loaned a car to nsw police. usually, these cars have the id stickers applied, but no emergency lights or sirens. that is because the car manufactures like to get their cars back! and also, installation of this equipment involves drilling holes in various places, which isnt too pretty!

as for old vehicles in police fleets. in nsw all vehicles are taken out of service out about the 60'000km mark, as is the case for most fleets. this is for two main reasons. one, the cars get pretty worn out and need replacing. two, to maximise resale value. the oldest cars in the NSWP fleet would probably be the camera cars, as they dont clock up many KM's. most of the camera cars are still AU falcons.

beasthouse has made one error so far, he said "The ICV (In Car Video) has been in since early last year. It doesnt hide anything as it's always recording" this isnt correct. the ICV is only activated when the cars blue and red lights are activated. this is because the ICV footage is recorded to a HDD in a computer in the boot of the HWP car. this footage must then by downloaded to a computer back at the station regularly. if the ICV was recording 24/7 that HDD would become full very quickly, and require massive amounts of time for HWP officer to download the file.

as for NSWP having GT's, well i guess their plan worked, they have fooled must of you into believing they have GT's! the simply fact is that the GT's are too expensive and are unecessary. if you want proof that price matters, look at the deals NSWP has made with Ford. all HWP will be Ford soon. why? coz ford offered a cheaper price then Holden.

as for the original purpose of this thread, and many other comments made, if u not breaking the law, u dont have to worry what cars the police use.

transcendent

HSC
N/A
lol Smart cars. they're always at Town Hall or close by in the vicinity. great info grimmy.

oh there were some coppers camped out at UTS with two squad cars, Commo and Falc, a fat gut cop and two youngin's with one holding a speed camera. lol worse place to catch people at 4 PM there's almost always a jam of traffic and buses blocking their view. me thinks they didn't think it out properly unless they are going more for high visibility and less actually money making. good luck making their way through traffic but i guess that goes for the unlucky bastard that gets caught to.

Jiga

the simply fact is that the GT's are too expensive and are unecessary
Well the XR8 is like $50k, GT is like $60k... its not that much more, but there is 30kw more and better brakes?!?

i wouldnt purchase an old cop car unless you didnt mind the taxi-style mileage. they dont keep the performance chips in them, so you would be better off buying a used car elsewhere.
Yeah, they have been driven very hard, and their brakes have been pushed to the max. Although they do get good servicing, they have been thrashed more than your average car.

As for 'performance chips' though, maybe BeastHouse could shed some more light on it, but I was lead to believe some time ago by a prity reliable source that police cars dont have any modifications like performance chips, they are stock in this sense... the only real alteration is a bigger alternator to deal with the additional power requirements of all the technology they have on the cars these days.

grimmy_89

HSC
Schoolies_2004 said:
Well the XR8 is like $50k, GT is like $60k... its not that much more, but there is 30kw more and better brakes?!?.
well, $10k isnt much if your just buying one car, but if your buying hundreds and replacing them regularly, then it starts to add up, and for govt's, thats bad news! hence, why they made a deal with ford. as beasthouse said, the HWP cars are fitted with better brakes. i think the HWP officers probably wouldnt mind the extra 30kw more as well, but then that brings me back to cost. more power, more petrol, more money (a lot more these days!).

finally, i apologise beasthouse for saying u were wrong about ICV. the impression i had got from a particular site that i know u know about as u took quotes from it, was that it was only activated when the lights were on. how u say it works makes perfect sense. and about the regularly downloaded comment, thats what they should do. but because the ICV file becomes so huge (imagine parked at an accident with lights on to warn motorists with ICV recording the whole time!) it takes ages to download, and then HWP couldnt be bothered. and i cant blame them!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)