Undergraduate Representative to the University Senate 2006 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ujuphleg

oo-joo-fleg
HSC
Re: um... ok wtf. SRC elections.

You're just supposed to fold it up really small into the envelope even if its puffy. Then put it into the second envelope (the declaration envelope). All the details are on the sheet.

what971

Now in Oriental Flavour!
HSC
N/A

andrewquah.com not working for me :(

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC

Thanks for that, it appears that somebody managed to hack down at least the main page. I'll have it up and running soon.

HSC

That Duncan dude was wandering around the corridoors of my college on tuesday night, asking everyone to sign their names on pre-filled out voting slips. First time I've seen him in non-2d form.

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC

Duncan is an absolute champion - and I say that as his opponent for that same position!

A

adamsaclown

untying_average said:
That Duncan dude was wandering around the corridoors of my college on tuesday night, asking everyone to sign their names on pre-filled out voting slips.
Phanatical said:
Duncan is an absolute champion - and I say that as his opponent for that same position!
:confused:

what, is this common practice or something?

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC

Every vote really does count. If he were the only one doing it, it would be unfair - but Rose, Steph and Wenny have all been seen doing it. It's how Ms. Jackson was elected last year, in fact. Frankly, it's just levelling the playing field, and it just means that your votes count even more.

greeninsanity

all love is equal
HSC

Phanatical said:
If he were the only one doing it, it would be unfair - but Rose, Steph and Wenny have all been seen doing it.
Lies, Quah!
I haven't done anything like that. In fact, I haven't done any campaigning at all.
You should know that slandering other candidates isn't going to help get you elected.

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC
Undergraduate Representative to the University Senate

Hey, I'm only saying what I've heard. Rose Jackson definitely has done it, because I've actually seen her people doing it. I've heard about Wenny Theresia from my friends in the Left (yes, I still have friends in the Left). And Duncan McKay himself said that there were people at one of the colleges who were collecting votes for Steph Paton.

Wait, YOU'RE Steph Paton?

Just a reminder to everybody, this is how to vote:

1 Andrew Quah
2 Duncan McKay
3 Alistair Lyon
4 Stephanie Paton
5 Wenny Theresia

If you haven't already, drop your envelopes into the post ASAP, or drop them into your normal assignment box on campus.

Last edited by a moderator:

ujuphleg

oo-joo-fleg
HSC
Re: Undergraduate Representative to the University Senate

Phanatical said:
Wait, YOU'RE Steph Paton?
Yes, yes she is.

Phanatical said:
1 Andrew Quah
2 Duncan McKay
3 Alistair Lyon
4 Stephanie Paton
5 Wenny Theresia

If you haven't already, drop your envelopes into the post ASAP, or drop them into your normal assignment box on campus.
I didn't vote for you and I never will. And what the fuck are you talking about your "normal assignment box" ?! If you don't post it, you have to take it to the ballot box in the Student Centre. For fucks sake Andrew, stop giving people false information.

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC

Ballots may be lodged in assignment boxes, as they are collected and then sent off via internal mail to the appropriate place within a day. It is the easiest way for many students to lodge their ballots, especially for students who don't have access to, cannot find or otherwise am too lazy to visit the Student Centre, and is in fact the ONLY way for students who attend classes at campuses other than the main campus to lodge their ballots without paying 50c to post it.

False information? Do you really think I want those valuable votes to disappear??

gerhard

HSC

dude, if you put a voting application in an assignment box on main campus, its just going to sit there until an assignment is due to be collected. and then it will be thrown in the bin.

ujuphleg

oo-joo-fleg
HSC

The information sheet reads:

HOW TO CAST YOUR VOTE

iii) Enclose the "Voting Paper" envelope in the return envelope, seal it and transmit it to the Registrar (Elections) c/- Secretariat A14, The University of Sydney NSW 2006, either by post (a stamp will be required) or by taking it to the Student Centre, Carslaw building on the Camperdown Campus or the Enquiry Counter, Student Amdinistration on the Cumberland Campus or the Client Office on the Orange Campus in time for it to reach the Registrar via the internal mail by the deadline specified below
The reference to internal mail (as I read it) is for it to be lodged at the aforementioned places. Nowhere does it mention anything about assignment boxes. You're an idiot. What happens if no-one checks the box because all assignments for the semester are over. Then it won't even reach internal mail, because no-one will check it until next semester.

You don't want the votes, because if you did, you'd have read the information correctly.

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC

Having used internal mail regularly over the last four years, and having my own university address (two, in fact - one at the Con and one at the Seymour), I can say with confidence that lodging mail by either placing it in an assignment box, or giving it directly to the people who check the assignment boxes is the easiest and most efficient way for a student to place something into Internal Mail as there is a Outbox at EVERY assignment box. Assignment boxes are checked EVERY day in EVERY faculty, even during the AVCC common week - and for some, even between semesters - and mail is immediately placed into the outbox. You REALLY think I wouldn't look into the issue before raising it?

Also, I should so report you to a mod for calling me an "idiot".

Last edited:
J

jhakka

Phanatical said:
Also, I should so report you to a mod for calling me an "idiot".
Susan is a mod.

Also, just because we're not allowed to flame doesn't mean we can't say it as it is, just as any other member would.

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC

I KNOW that. For the record, I am most definitely not an idiot, and I don't appreciate being called so.

ujuphleg

oo-joo-fleg
HSC

I felt you're an idiot, so I said so.

If you don't appreciate being called one, then stop acting like one, cos hell, you're doing an excellent impersonation.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC

Did anyone else see Rose Jackson's subtle *cough* letter to the Bull which read:

Dear Bull,
Bla bla bla it's important to vote, university senate, your representative etc.
Sincerely,
Rose Jackson

I hope Rose K and the Bull editors (all NOLS hacks, coincidently) get a smack over the head for thise one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)