Unfair Teacher.... HSC results jepodised (1 Viewer)

renaoak17

HSC
Well the issue is a was away for three weeks overseas and i missed a business and biology assessment and had a math test my first day back.

on my first day back i went to my math lesson and was going to sit the test because i thought i had no other choice and the teacher was like 'are you goign to sit the test............ i dont think it will count.........' i did the test and she then was like 'if it was any worse than what you would have usually done we wont count it' well i didnt do too bad but to cut it short its not being counted.

this is where it starts:
i then went to business studies in periods five and six and my teacher was like 'are you ready to do the test' and i was like not reaklly becasue i didnt have half the notes or a notification so was unaware that our case study was going to be in it. she gave me until the next day so i could catch up on my notes but she wasnt too impressed.

the next day in period one i had my biology assessment which i thought was ok and had done all the work previosly, i then had my business assessment straight after. i felt i did alright but wasnt confident as i usualyl am.

the next day in roll call my teacher was asking about my assessments and how they went and i told her i dont think i did so well in businiess due to only having that one night to study new concepts which i also had to share with biology study. she then suggested that i see my teacher and ask if it was possible not to count fully.... liek get an estimate based on future assessments.

a couple of notes on this teacher... she is biased... im not saying that becuase i dont get what i want im serious. when she marks anything other than multiple choice (obviously u cant mark that unfairly) im always second by a couple of marks or even just half a mark however when the other teacher marks it im at least 5mks ahead of second. when they both mark it she gives me whatever is going to let her favourite have first and me second while the other marks failrly and then its averaged to make a final mark. in preliminary i was second my 1 mark........

ok so i went to business and she came up to me and was like oh you got 55.5 out of 65. now im not saying thats bad but 1st (her favourite) got 62.... thats a hige jump.... like i wasnt expecting to get first i never am anymore but that was a hige jump down from what i usually get. after finding my mark out i asked her about getting a parent approved leave form and she was really negative towards me. she was liek 'you should be happy with your mark..... its not department policy.....ill talk to the head but dont expect anything....' and she was really rude about it.

after a couple of days i went to see the head of department and spoke to him about it and because he was away he hadnt had a chance to look at the results but said he would go and see her because she hadnt seen him.... everyafternoon he goes and picks his kids up from where the busses come in and my teacher was on bus duty so he started to talk to her. my bus was called and as i was walking past she was having the biggest syke and bitch about me right in front of me.

i havent seen him yet but im really worried about it because thats a hige gap to catch up and it will jepodise my HSC. my next step is to see the assistant principal if it doesnt go well....

has anyone had similar situations and what ended up happening? or does anyone no if there is a set rule about this kind of stuff???

please help
thanks

axlenatore

Scuba Steve
HSC
dont miss out on school during the hsc year maybe?

youngminii

Banned
HSC
The head of the department will sort it out. They can call for an outside marker, to remove any 'possible bias' (an issue between my modern history class and the other modern history class).
If they refuse to do anything, Board of Studies.
Or you can just move schools.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
So can you like...summarise this?

I mean I would appreciate your short account of the problems.

Zeber

HSC
It is YOUR responsibility to catch up on missed work whenever you're away.

Fuck I thought you'd people know that by now.

08er

HSC
something similar happened at my school (about missing assessment tasks) and it was made up by estimating their mark from future assessment tasks. to be honest it was not completely fair but it was the only way or else he would have unfair advantage over others (by having more time to study). maybe you can work out something with your teachers, but bottom line is don't miss school

youngminii

Banned
HSC
Ahem
She's asking about what she CAN do
Not what she should've done

terminator69

HSC
Sounds like you are very paranoid with what you said about always coming second and concluding that this makes your teacher biased.

Take the 55.5/65.

renaoak17

HSC
1. they knew i was going to be away since the beginning of last year, especially her shes my year coordinator

2. the rank is what is most important in the HSC and now im never giong to have a chance to catch up so i really dont want to settle with the huge gap

3. thanks for everybody elses posts.... im still really worried though

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
renaoak17 said:
1. they knew i was going to be away since the beginning of last year, especially her shes my year coordinator

2. the rank is what is most important in the HSC and now im never giong to have a chance to catch up so i really dont want to settle with the huge gap

3. thanks for everybody elses posts.... im still really worried though
No, you still have a good chance. I am assuming that first assessments don't usually weight much and they usually don't.

Secondly, don't worry. If you were away and missed a lot of stuff, you can ask your subject coordinator to put a consideration to your result. That basically means, your first task result can be altered depending on how you go in the next task(s).

didier91

HSC
youngminii said:
Ahem
She's asking about what she CAN do
Not what she should've done
Yes, and everyone is emphasising how stupid it is to be overseas during your HSC Year.

As they should.

What she CAN do: Not be overseas again during this year.

:ninja:

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
didier91 said:
Yes, and everyone is emphasising how stupid it is to be overseas during your HSC Year.

As they should.

What she CAN do: Not be overseas again during this year.

:ninja:
No, it's not necessarily stupid. Succeeding in HSC requires a certain level of moderation. Overseas is part of that "moderation" procedure. You sometimes need a break. Her problem was just that her overeas trip got in her way of academic life which shouldn't have occurred. Otherwise, overseas trip is absolutely fine given that you travel during a right period.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)